• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Original XBOX is still AWESOME in 2021

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Thanks for sharing, most definitely going to watch!

I haven't done any homebrewing on the Xbox OG. But i recently took it out and did some emergency surgery to take out the capacitor that can render it completely useless.

I never played the Xbox OG on an HDTV back then. So i connected it via component cables and played Dragon's Lair 3d at 1080p. I was blown away at how well it ran the game.

I recorded the game at 720p but I assure you it was at 1080p.

Dirk is one of the all time great heroes. And Daphne is a real beauty

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Microsoft knew once they dabbled with the Xbox they had no other choice but continue making consoles, Bill Gates picked up the phone and said “how can we compete with Sony and Nintendo”.
Bill Gates Smile GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Krathoon

I found out that the only way to transfer saves between two Xboxes is to use a memory card. That is sucky.

I need to transfer saves to this newer model I got a while back.

Last edited:

Drew1440

I found out that the only way to transfer saves between two Xboxes is to use a memory card. That is sucky.

Are they not softmodded? If so it's only a case of FTP'ing into them and copying the TDATA and UDATA folders.

Krathoon

My 360 elite broke. The disc drive will not read discs.

I just went ahead and bought one of those special edition blue 360 Es on eBay as a replacement. They are actually at a decent price.

They were the last 360s made.

baphomet

How else would you expect to transfer something between 2 consoles?

Lysandros

Eh? It had more hardware performance and forward-thinking GPU features than either PS2 or even the Gamecube, plus built-in HDD, built-in broadband ethernet, MP3 music rip functionality, etc. Tech-wise and library-wise it's clearly a fantastic system.
I agree overall but it launched nearly two years after PS2 so that's pretty natural.

Top Bottom