• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The original Xbox background is now a free dynamic theme on Series X and S

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The dynamic background was added as part of the May 2021 system update for Xbox One.

Although the update notes on the official Xbox Wire blog only state that another dynamic background called Motes has been added, Twitter user Klobrille discovered that the old-school background is in there too, under the name The Original.

Does this work on original xbox ones?
No

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
FYI, I think this uses your colour scheme colour as well. I applied motes and instead of green, it was blue.

As I said in the Xbox OT thread , little things like this add to the convenience of the UI experience and are a good thing. Which is why I never understood the negative reaction to people suggesting such things in the Xbox Insider Program.

Reading all the positivity to it yesterday, that’s a good thing isn’t it?

My only gripe with the themes, is I wish they were like PlayStations, with music to accompany each theme. These don’t have that.

Gratitude Vmas 2019 GIF by 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

I’m sure this is both arousing and stimulating to someone’s nostalgia. And no, I don’t want to know who you are or ever meet you.

I got the new backgrounds but I’m not seeing any quick resume menu yet still.
It's in the My games and apps section but only shows up if you run a game that supports quick resume. Then you can add it to the home screen if you want. Found out this way that Borderlands 3 does not support quick resume. :(

It's cool but with everything on the screen it's hard to really see it in it's glory. I would love if they added custom boot animations. I would love a spin on the Xbox startup, and would completely shut down my console every time if it was available just to watch it.

I got the new backgrounds but I’m not seeing any quick resume menu yet still.
Press the Xbox button and go to my games and apps. It's a section there above your pins and other sections. I really wish they could make it so that all of my sections can be expanded at the same time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom