• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official Zen 3 with Ryzen 5000 reveal thread

FireFly

I'm surprised too. Hopefully tech sites have copies already and have previews or reviews set to go live tomorrow.
My guess is tech sites haven't been seeded at all, similar to the 3080 presentation (though DF had a card in advance).

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
My guess is tech sites haven't been seeded at all, similar to the 3080 presentation (though DF had a card in advance).
Given the lack of info, leaks, or buzz, I'm inclined to agree.

Or, AMD is just a lot better at keeping everyone quiet.

Quixz

These CPUs to be amazing so we can start enjoying all the new PCI Gen 4 hardware properly.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

zen 3 all over my face lisa su

asn8Yo6.jpg
She did so much by cutting the hair. Ayo, lol

But today should be exciting times! Now just need Asus to stop bluffin' and update my B450 just in case I decide to go with Zen3.

PhoenixTank

Do you guys expect the 5600x to be announced today?
The videocardz crystal ball says announced today but not coming in the first wave.

TheContact

AMD is announcing its new Ryzen 5k processors for desktops today using Zen 3. It's main focus is on gaming/content creation and is seen as a competitor to Intel's 10th gen chips.
Also a sneak peak on Big Navi with the main event being on 10-28

This event starts on 10/8 at 12PM ET and you can watch it live on YouTube [concluded] on VoD here

-AMD claims to now possess single-threaded and gaming performance.
-A beast that will deliver total market leadership
-Unified 8-core complex(CCX), every core can access 32MB L3 cache directly. Lower latency
-19% IPC uplift
-Significant changes to lower latency
-Every core can now access 32MB L3 cache
-In games with dominant core, that single core now sees the whole 32MB L3 instead of 16MB before
-24% improvement in power efficiency
-AMD dunks on Intel in power efficiency
-Zen 4 now in design on 5nm
-5900X 12c/24t
-Shadow of Tomb Raider 181fps(5900X) vs 141fps(3900XT)
-Average gaming performance improvement of 26% against Zen 2
-Beat Core i9-10900K single-threaded Cinebench score 631(5900X) vs 544
-5950X 16c/32t: $799 FUCKING BEAST!!!
-Showing Big Navi GPU!
-Gonna show it boyz!!! Borderlands, COD, Gears 5

OlLuB2A.png

1tCkFkb.png

hlwkEAD.png

sTEZklF.png

CiHJXZd.png

75CpdQp.png

QKtef6e.png

1Ixwjyp.png

YF4BAIG.png

rqOyAlE.png

[ GPU: ] RX 6000 Series \\ Event on 10-28

IPffgX5.png

AIYnJcl.png

Last edited:
I'm anticipating AMD pushing the envelope yet again. Going forward, I hope they remember their dark years and the mistakes they made that led them to that, as well as how and why they got back on top. I'd prefer them to keep those positive company policies from now on.
The reality is when intel finally takes that jump to 7nm they’ll take back the enthusiast market. They have way more money and bigger overall market impact not to. The last 4-5 years are just some small hurdles intel has had to jump over mainly because of their own miscalculations.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I've found a great deal on a 3800x that I might bite on but I'm looking forward to seeing what they can offer. Will they be compatible with current motherboards?

TTOOLL

Not a good time for me, I'll be able to watch only 40min of live footage, but that's ok I guess. I'm hyped and I'm no even a PC Gamer.

Edit: it's only 30min long. Fuck yeah!!

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Oh shit, I forgot about this event. Made it just in time. I don't know why, but the video cards events and launches seem to be overshadowing Zen 3. Looks like about 10min. to go!

Starting, how do we tag a Mod to ask for a Live tag?

Last edited:
Loving the resurgence of AMD. I've got a 3900x and it's insane how much processing power I have at my disposal compared to what was possible only a few years ago. I know it hasn't always translated to gaming unless they are heavily multithreaded games but the 5000 Series might throw another cat among the pigeons from a gaming POV.

Will probably not bother this gen and see how things play out but still great to see AMD not taking their foot off the peddle as things really seemed to have stagnated when Intel didn't really have any competition.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
-AMD claims to now possess single-threaded and gaming performance leadership
-A beast that will deliver total market leadership
-Unified 8-core complex(CCX), every core can access 32MB L3 cache directly. Lower latency
-19% IPC uplift
-Significant changes to lower latency
-Every core can now access 32MB L3 cache
-In games with dominant core, that single core now sees the whole 32MB L3 instead of 16MB before
-24% improvement in power efficiency
-AMD dunks on Intel in power efficiency
-Zen 4 now in design on 5nm
-5900X 12c/24t
-Shadow of Tomb Raider 181fps(5900X) vs 141fps(3900XT)
-Average gaming performance improvement of 26% against Zen 2
-Beat Core i9-10900K single-threaded Cinebench score 631(5900X) vs 544
-5950X 16c/32t: $799 FUCKING BEAST!!!
-Showing Big Navi GPU!
-Gonna show it boyz!!! Borderlands, COD, Gears 5

1080p:
voFTDkf.jpg

November 5th launch
KoJR4eT.jpg

Big Navi:
XdxAmBX.jpg

Last edited:

CuNi

I'm F5ing my Hardware suppliers... just in case orders go live after presentation..
5900X 4.8GHz ... so at least as expected the 5GHz dream died.

Intel literally has NOTHING anymore. They no longer enjoy even the small 5% single core performance they used to have. It was the LAST thing they had going for them and now they don't even have that. :messenger_savoring:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
1080p or even lower is what's interesting when you're comparing CPUs. As resolution increases the gap closes because you're more GPU limited.
I get that totally, but as you said the gap closes and more and more people are moving beyond 1080p.

Last edited:
Top Bottom