• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Next iPhone XR Will Supposedly Have a Nearly 6% Larger Battery

CyberPanda

Banned
While the iPhone XR already has the longest battery life of any iPhone ever, a new supplier-focused report from Korean website The Elec claims that the 2019 version of the device will feature an even larger battery capacity.

The report claims the next iPhone XR will have a 3,110 mAh battery, around 5.7 percent larger than the 2,942 mAh battery in the current model:
China's ATL (Ameperx Technology Limited) has kicked off mass production of batteries for the successor to Apple's iPhone XR forecast to be unveiled later this year, according to those close to the matter on June 9. Battery packaging will be done by another Chinese firm, Huapu Technology.

The new batteries will have a capacity of 3110mAh, which is more than a 5% improvement from the 2942mAh of the iPhone XR.
That means the next iPhone XR's battery would still have slightly less capacity than the 3,174 mAh battery in the current iPhone XS Max, but the latter device consumes more power overall. Moreover, the next-generation iPhone XS Max is expected to gain a larger battery too.

Back in April, reputable analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said that battery capacities for the next iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR could increase by 20 to 25 percent, 10 to 15 percent, and up to five percent respectively to accomodate the rumored two-way wireless charging feature on all three devices.

Apple is widely expected to unveil its trio of 2019 iPhones in September as usual. The next iPhone XR is expected to be upgraded to a dual-lens rear camera system and is rumored to be available in new green and lavender colors.

Of note, The Elec is not a site with an established track record in relation to Apple rumors. Last month, the website claimed that Samsung is in talks with Apple about supplying OLED displays for a 16-inch MacBook Pro and future iPad Pro models. For now, treat these rumors with at least some skepticism.

octiny

Banned
giphy.gif

TTOOLL

I don't follow Apple rumors closely so I have no idea if there is any info about the iPhone 7 being removed from their current line-up. Do you know anything related to it?

I think iOS 13 will make me finally say goodbye to Android but there's no way I'm buying anything from the X line with that freaking huge notch and insane price.

CyberPanda

Banned
I don't follow Apple rumors closely so I have no idea if there is any info about the iPhone 7 being removed from their current line-up. Do you know anything related to it?

I think iOS 13 will make me finally say goodbye to Android but there's no way I'm buying anything from the X line with that freaking huge notch and insane price.

CyberPanda

Banned
It represents people buying anything Apple shits out. So long as it looks good & comes neatly packaged, it doesn't matter where it comes from or what it costs.

Om nom nom.
I’m still using a iPhone 8 and don’t plan on buying a new phone every year, that’s silly to me. But, some Apple users to go over board. I’m not going to buy a new phone until this one breaks, that’s for sure.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I have an 8 plus. Wtf is an XR or XS? Which do I want to upgrade to?

Your phone is a few generations old now. The XS is currently the Flagship iPhone with a full screen OLED screen, its wonderful and puts the 8 series to shame. You can get it in plus size also. The XR is the cheap version of the phone for people who cant afford an XS. Its an LCD screen instead of an OLED screen, its lower resolution, slightly bigger, has a thicker bezel, is missing the rear zoom lens and comes in lots of cheap looking toy colors. Otherwise it has the same chipset in it.

At this point in the year I'd wait till September when they announce the next new phones. I upgrade every 3 years (use to be every 2, but phones have gotten good enough lately they can last 3 years). Before i had my XS I had a 6s.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
I have an XR. So far its battery life has been excellent; but I'd be all in favor of Apple turning to bigger batteries instead of thinner phones.
I have an 8 plus. Wtf is an XR or XS? Which do I want to upgrade to?
Just faster phones with Face ID swapped in for Touch ID and the home button. (I was very skeptical of Face ID, but it works as well as or better than Touch ID.)

If you're satisfied with your current device, there's no reason to upgrade. I upgraded from an iPhone 6. No, not a 6S.

quickwhips

I have an XR. So far its battery life has been excellent; but I'd be all in favor of Apple turning to bigger batteries instead of thinner phones.

Just faster phones with Face ID swapped in for Touch ID and the home button. (I was very skeptical of Face ID, but it works as well as or better than Touch ID.)

If you're satisfied with your current device, there's no reason to upgrade. I upgraded from an iPhone 6. No, not a 6S.
It’s my work phone I’m just waiting till it has battery problems as it’s running great still. I have a free upgrade but don’t like wasting company money when my phone is still working.

Top Bottom