• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New PS5 is Actually Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

For those who don't have time to click on the video. Here is a brief summary of the important bits:

PS5 Old (CPU) - 51.15 degrees
PS5 New (CPU) - 40.08 degrees
New PS5 CPU running significantly cooler.

PS5 Old (Memory) - 40 degrees
PS5 New (Memory) - 48 degrees
Not that much of a difference.

PS5 Old (VRAM) - 44 degrees
PS5 New (VRAM) - 46 degrees
Insignificant difference.

PS5 Old (Exhaust) - 39 degrees
PS5 New (Exhaust) - 42 degrees
The higher the exhaust temps, the more effective the heatsink. To the surprise of no one.

Same fans, same power consumption, same fan speed. Only difference is reduced heatsink. Heatsink in new PS5 performs better while weighing less.

Maybe Austin should leave the hardware tests to the competent crowd and he should stick to hardware tests on Fisher Price toys.
How Austin has that many followers is beyond me. Gamer Nexus just recently received the new PS5 to do some tests and will confirm Austin Evans is indeed a clown that went missing from the Boswell Willkie Circus.

I'd be stoked to get the new version based on this test.

Last edited:
index1rkng.jpg

skit_data

Can you link me the thread please. I haven't found it.

All the fake worry for nothing then? I mean usually a company will test these things before release to make sure they work. I know Sony doesn't want a rrod situation just like Microsoft wouldn't want one again.

Ok thanks. Mods please close this thread.

Beechos

Wait how is going from cpu temp 51 to 40 a huge diff and memory going up from 40 to 48 not that much of a difference? Thats about a 25% reduction and 18% increase respectfully. Based on hardware busters thread most of the test ran seem to favor the old ps5.

Wait how is going from cpu temp 51 to 40 a huge diff and memory going up from 40 to 48 not that much of a difference? Thats about a 25% reduction and 18% increase respectfully. Based on hardware busters thread most of the test ran seem to favor the old ps5.
Yeah. Everything turns hotter be he says that's better.

Gobjuduck

Banned
Removing 1/6th of the heatsink has lowered the temps by 11 degrees celcius? makes no sense at all, if the fans are the same thats around 20 degrees fahrenheit. I smell bull..

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
At the end of the day, when the numbers balance out, meaning not much difference. And the exhaust expelling a couple degrees more heat should mean the heat is properly leaving the console and therefore cooling is working properly. This same heat is still in very acceptable range that doesn't affect the console negatively too.

So result is, same, but different, but same. Still good news eh? It's not the demise many are exaggerating.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.

For those who don't have time to click on the video. Here is a brief summary of the important bits:

PS5 Old (CPU) - 51.15 degrees
PS5 New (CPU) - 40.08 degrees
New PS5 CPU running significantly cooler.

PS5 Old (Memory) - 40 degrees
PS5 New (Memory) - 48 degrees

Not that much of a difference.

PS5 Old (VRAM) - 44 degrees
PS5 New (VRAM) - 46 degrees
Insignificant difference.

PS5 Old (Exhaust) - 39 degrees
PS5 New (Exhaust) - 42 degrees
The higher the exhaust temps, the more effective the heatsink. To the surprise of no one.

Same fans, same power consumption, same fan speed. Only difference is reduced heatsink. Heatsink in new PS5 performs better while weighing less.

Maybe Austin should leave the hardware tests to the competent crowd and he should stick to hardware tests on Fisher Price toys.
How Austin has that many followers is beyond me. Gamer Nexus just recently received the new PS5 to do some tests and will confirm Austin Evans is indeed a clown that went missing from the Boswell Willkie Circus.

I'd be stoked to get the new version based on this test.
i thought gamernexus said the memory temp will hit around 90 or something?

i thought gamernexus said the memory temp will hit around 90 or something?
Not seen any new updates on this from Gamer Nexus. Will wait for their full review of the new console.
Anyways not sure why this is still open as this is a duplicate thread. I asked mods to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom