• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nanica Smitch is a clone of the Nintendo Switch.

stranno

Its probably just a NOAC (NES On A Chip) hardware, not even emulation.

Of course it is amazingly overpriced given the hardware.

Last edited:

buizel

Banned
cool does it have clu clu land on it?

this was my jam in the 90s

maxresdefault.jpg

product-82783.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

So Nintendo goes apeshit over fangames, but this kind of stuff makes it to production and retail....

cryptoadam

Banned
TBH this is pretty cool. Not cool if someone bought it thinking its a real switch, but as a cheap chinese emu machine its up there.

The Joy con's actually detach, the screen looks pretty decent. If was in the market for a machine to play NES/SNES/GEN games this thing looks better than a lot of the crappy handheld PI knockoffs out there. Question is what kind of SOC does it have and can it play N64/PS1/PSP and even maybe dreamcast games? And does it have HDMI out? Looks like the Joy cons are actually wireless so if you could hook up to your TV its an actual Switch PI retro machine that can be both portable and handheld which might be a first.

EDIT: Oh shit I just watched the end of the video and he has it on his TV. Damn this is actually pretty damn cool. If it has a good enough SOC and you could get N64/PS1 on it this is probably better than PS classic/SNES classic if you want a machine you can hack and load up with ROMS.

160 is a bit pricey but I have been looking at retro emu machines and its not really that much. A lot of them are 100+ or more and this thing comes with 2 controllers. Can you use other BT controllers because SNES games you need more buttons.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

DESTROYA

TBH this is pretty cool. Not cool if someone bought it thinking its a real switch, but as a cheap chinese emu machine its up there.

The Joy con's actually detach, the screen looks pretty decent. If was in the market for a machine to play NES/SNES/GEN games this thing looks better than a lot of the crappy handheld PI knockoffs out there. Question is what kind of SOC does it have and can it play N64/PS1/PSP and even maybe dreamcast games? And does it have HDMI out? Looks like the Joy cons are actually wireless so if you could hook up to your TV its an actual Switch PI retro machine that can be both portable and handheld which might be a first.

EDIT: Oh shit I just watched the end of the video and he has it on his TV. Damn this is actually pretty damn cool. If it has a good enough SOC and you could get N64/PS1 on it this is probably better than PS classic/SNES classic if you want a machine you can hack and load up with ROMS.

160 is a bit pricey but I have been looking at retro emu machines and its not really that much. A lot of them are 100+ or more and this thing comes with 2 controllers. Can you use other BT controllers because SNES games you need more buttons.

Look at these for a mini retro machine.

I just got the RG350 and pretty much runs everything very well.

cryptoadam

Banned
Look at these for a mini retro machine.

I just got the RG350 and pretty much runs everything very well.

any links to a more console like machine? I was looking at something that I could play on my TV and came with a DS4/XBOX style controller (obv it will be a cheaper knock off controller).

These look pretty cool but the SMITCH hooks up to your TV and has detachable joy cons. And I doubt you can play Super Tony Borthers and Legend of Zinc and Tony Kart and all the other great nanica first party exclusives :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Pimpbaa

Can you imagine if your were a child and you got this for xmas instead of a switch? Deliberately deceiving tech illiterate parents/grandparents/relatives and the children pay the price by getting this POS. Some Chinese version of Scrooge or the Grinch made this shit.

I have a couple of questions:

Is this even legal to sell? What I mean is can't Nintendo make some kind of claim and stop it from being sold anywhere?

What is the story with somebody buying it and then reselling it online... even though they didn't actually make the damn thing, but just reselling it?

Where do I buy one? I’m a sucker for these Chinese console knockoffs.
Is it actually Chinese?
Big question did they fix the joycon drift issue?

Edit: just noticed it has no analog sticks so issue is fixed! ORDERING RIGHT NOW!
Do you mean the Joycons stick in position and push in directions you don't want? The amount of Xbox 360 controllers I went through that had this issue is quite staggering.
So Nintendo goes apeshit over fangames, but this kind of stuff makes it to production and retail....
You know, I've heard stuff like this... What exactly do they get pissed about? I know there was something to do with Youtube streams Nintendo didn't like because they wanted to get money from the streamers/Youtube or something like that...
Can you imagine if your were a child and you got this for xmas instead of a switch? Deliberately deceiving tech illiterate parents/grandparents/relatives and the children pay the price by getting this POS. Some Chinese version of Scrooge or the Grinch made this shit.
How could you explain that to young children? 'Oh, Santa got the wrong one, but we'll send a letter to the North Pole and see if he can get us a better one'... HAHA!

No one gonna mention the false advertisement here????
I mean the box show a 2x larger screen than the actual product with minimal bezels.

Last edited:

gifgaf

Big question did they fix the joycon drift issue?

Edit: just noticed it has no analog sticks so issue is fixed! ORDERING RIGHT NOW!
The joycon drift issue is a none issue and easily fixed with some isopropyl alcohol and cotton buds/q-tip.

Check this video for a super easy tutorial.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

The joycon drift issue is a none issue and easily fixed with some isopropyl alcohol and cotton buds/que tip.

Check this video for a super easy tutorial.

My launch Switch fortunately does not have drift issues but thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom