• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Music of Demon Souls!

More here: PS Blog
We’re happy to announce that we will be releasing the soundtrack to Demon’s Souls on digital platforms on November 26. A CD release by Milan Records will follow shortly thereafter. Or for those like myself who are old at heart, or just connoisseurs of older media, then you can enjoy this amazing soundtrack on vinyl with pre-orders scheduled to open in early December.
Perhaps that courage will come from the music. We lavished as much attention to this as the game’s soundscape. We reimagined the original score by Shunsuke Kida, creating dramatic new arrangements of his wonderful themes. Everything was rerecorded at Air Studios in London, with a world-class orchestra and choir. You can even hear the famous pipe organ at Temple Church that adds a haunting backdrop to many of the tracks. 120 of the finest musicians in the world perform on this score. And we’re incredibly proud of it.

45.jpg

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
Not too sure about these adjustments. I think that they will be adding useless "epicness" to the original. Demon's Souls did not really try to be epic. It tried to be uneasy, to express other, darker feelings.

You can clearly feel this in the single title given here as example. Just see how much they missed the point...

But what can you hope anyway ?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

That looks like it's going to be a Mondo print or something. The OST is so amazing already.

Last edited:

vpance

Not too sure about these adjustments. I think that they will be adding useless "epicness" to the original. Demons' Souls did not really try to be epic. It tried to be uneasy, to express other, darker feelings.

You can clearly feel this in the single title given here as example. Just see how much they missed the point...

But what can you hope anyway ?

Agree for the most part, but it's not a huge deal.

I hope the VO remains creepy and weird though.

Self

I like that they recreated the soundtrack with their own spin, albeit the original being perfect, this new take might also be great!

Hyped!

Are we talking about actual ingame music of the remake or a sepertate arrangement version?

Aion002

Are we talking about actual ingame music of the remake or a sepertate arrangement version?
Both... I guess.

Also, I think that they should give the player the choice to choose the music they want, like in Resident Evil Remake 2 and 3. I don't know if this feature was confirmed, but it would be great.

Top Bottom