• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Medium PC requirements

Stuart360

For your purposes you might be fine. I stress might because the worst case game scenario still applies.
Well i have 3 ssd drives as well. And we will never get to that point. The only games IMO that will POSSIBLY take full advantage of the SSD's arefirst party Sony games, and out of the 27 games Sony shows at their show, there was what, one game that was using the SSD in any major way in Rachet and Clank. And if/when that game comes to PC, it will probably reccomend a ssd, and will get longer load times.

Mister Wolf

Well i have 3 ssd drives as well. And we will never get to that point. The only games IMO that will POSSIBLY take full advantage of the SSD's arefirst party Sony games, and out of the 27 games Sony shows at their show, there was what, one game that was using the SSD in any major way in Rachet and Clank. And if/when that game comes to PC, it will probably reccomend a ssd, and will get longer load times.

tumblr_nohf8fnoQ91s48ibpo1_500.gif

Yes I am hearing right now many PC fanatics screaming with horror in the dark.

Its great.
If they were screaming then they were not fanatics. I remember a time when PC gamers cheer at the release of a new game with requirements so high that they need to buy a new motherboard. PC gaming isn't about playing console games at higher fidelity, but playing games that console can't even run.

If you fear the need to upgrade, you were treating your computer like a gaming console.

longdi

Banned
That's not high end.. It's a 4 core 4 thread CPU built on architecture that's almost a decade old.

It is skylake, and it is still winning against Amd today in games. Way more powerful than current consoles too.
This basically kills off the legendary duo 2500K/2600K. :messenger_face_screaming:

But that price, lol half the price of Deathstranding, cheaper than MCC or HZD.

Dr.D00p

No. There are diminishing returns I agree but you can check youtube for countless examples

Yes, there are, I suggest you have look.

NVMe drives are 4 or 5 times faster than SATA SSD's, 8 or 9 times faster in the case of Gen 4, yet load times between them are usually less than 3 or 4 secs, if that when it comes to PC game load times.

..that's not 'diminishing returns'..its a bottleneck and its the CPU causing it.

Shrap

I'll be able to run this with no issues. The real question is will it be worth playing? Or will there even be much to play? Bloober have potential but they always fall short and I'm over their walking sims.

I'm hoping they will finally give us some proper gameplay.

vkbest

Brillo. See, this is why PC gamers should be excited for a new console generation.

That bump in requirements and recommendations, that's why getting a new baseline for developers to aim at does us all good.

Seriously gamers are welcome to get 30fps with their ultimate machines? The game being 4k/30fps with the best monster GPU in the market?

Kenpachii

Yes, there are, I suggest you have look.

NVMe drives are 4 or 5 times faster than SATA SSD's, 8 or 9 times faster in the case of Gen 4, yet load times between them are usually less than 3 or 4 secs, if that when it comes to PC game load times.

..that's not 'diminishing returns'..its a bottleneck and its the CPU causing it.

No its not.

Software doesn't use the drives because nothing is coded for it. The same as throwing 16 core cpu's in your PC u won't see any gain because games are not using more then 6 cores atm at best in 99% of the games. That doesn't mean there is a bottleneck. Those nvme's are perfectly usable at there full speeds.

anyway

About people bitching about the specs.

6600 release date is a 2015 cpu and a 1070 tier gpu which released in 2016 for 1080p isn't particulaire high demands when u think about it. As 4k on PC is laughable useless and the same goes for RT.

The fact that this even runs at 4k and RT on top of it on a 2080 means its not much demanding at all, we got games far more demanding already for a while now.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
I'll be able to run this with no issues. The real question is will it be worth playing? Or will there even be much to play? Bloober have potential but they always fall short and I'm over their walking sims.

I'm hoping they will finally give us some proper gameplay.

Here's some gameplay btw:

Metroiddarks Metroiddarks might be worth adding to the OP.

BaneIsPain

If this specs will be the standard for next gen games, I can’t wait to see more next gen games. Maybe I’ll wait after console releases for graphic card replacement.

Psykodad

Banned
The RTX 2080 isn't the best on the market. We also have a thread on here talking about 4K being overrated so why wouldn't we just lower the resolution to play at 60fps.
Weren't all the PC gamers bragging all the time about how easy it is to run 4K/60 on their rigs?

Now suddenly it's "we lower res to run @ 60fps, no biggie".

Mental gymnastics everywhere.

Last edited:
Weren't all the PC gamers bragging all the time about how easy it is to run 4K/60 on their rigs?

That is without upgrades. You are suppose to upgrade, it's just that PC haven't needed to for the last 7 years.

Lux R7

"weren't all the pc gamers bragging..."
No, you are generalizing.
I feel like i say this once a month but pc gaming is not about power, is about options (and yes one of the options is to spend more to have more, but it's not the only one).

Psykodad

Banned
That is without upgrades. You are suppose to upgrade, it's just that PC haven't needed to for the last 7 years.
For sure, that's a given.

"weren't all the pc gamers bragging..."
No, you are generalizing.
I feel like i say this once a month but pc gaming is not about power, is about options (and yes one of the options is to spend more to have more, but it's not the only one).
True, just applying the general type of logic across the board.

Anyway, this is why Sony wants to push PS5 adaptation as fast as possible.
Gaming needs to move on and not be stuck in current-gen. It'll benefit all platforms.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

if rtx 2080 is running this to 4k/30, no way 2080ti is running to 4k/60

And yet it wouldn't be running at 4K 30 now would it? You guys need to understand that there are resolutions between 1440p and 4k and framerates between 30fps and 60fps. Ever heard of Gsync, Freesync, VRR, or resolution scalers built into game engines? You familiar with setting your own custom resolution within Nvidia Control Panel?

Last edited:

Xdrive05

I thought this was going to be a thread advocating that we have a new medium level PC requirement as an industry standard to report on performance of a game. I was going to say I think that’s what recommend it is supposed to represent. Also I think Doom Eternal is the first game I paid attention to where they broke down the requirements a lot more thoroughly than the typical formulation of minimum and recommended. Anyway, that’s a trend I really like! More publishers and studios should be as forthcoming as possible about what PC configurations run the game at which settings and resolutions.

Turns out this fucking game The Medium is ridiculous in requirements! This is about as unreasonable as I’ve ever seen!

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Yep
-layers
-observer
-blair witch
But this time is a 3d person
Hype levels sufficiently dropped for me then. Layers of Fear had potential but then it turned into a predictable nonsensical incoherent mess of a game. Just a slog really.

I enjoyed Observer more but even that fell prey to poor level design and other issues that ultimately brought the game down tremendously. Haven't played Blair Witch because in the timeless words of the great George W. Bush "fool me once, shame on... shame on you. If fool me you can't get fooled again."

longdi

Banned
I thought this was going to be a thread advocating that we have a new medium level PC requirement as an industry standard to report on performance of a game. I was going to say I think that’s what recommend it is supposed to represent. Also I think Doom Eternal is the first game I paid attention to where they broke down the requirements a lot more thoroughly than the typical formulation of minimum and recommended. Anyway, that’s a trend I really like! More publishers and studios should be as forthcoming as possible about what PC configurations run the game at which settings and resolutions.

Turns out this fucking game The Medium is ridiculous in requirements! This is about as unreasonable as I’ve ever seen!

I thought the minimum requirements was still too lite.
It should be 6gb vram and 30gb of sata3 ssd.

This is HZD requirements
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K@3.3GHz or AMD FX 6300@3.5GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (3 GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB)
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 100 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K@3.5GHz or Ryzen 5 1500X@3.5GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB) or AMD Radeon RX 580 (8GB)
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 100 GB available space

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
No? 1440p/60 FPS maybe. Most PC gamers aren't interested in 4k.
I remember lots of gaffers saying the next-gen GPUs should do 4K easily and XSX 4K/60.
Not incl RT though.

Anyway, main point was that next-gen needs to start and the sooner current-gen gets left behind, the better.

Brofist

I remember lots of gaffers saying the next-gen GPUs should do 4K easily and XSX 4K/60.
Not incl RT though.

Anyway, main point was that next-gen needs to start and the sooner current-gen gets left behind, the better.

We don't know what the next gen GPUs will do. We only have bite sized leaks. When they come out we'll know more about what they can do.

Why is it the same handful of naysayers and "pc is doomed", in each one of these threads? That's gotta be seriously embarrassing when a majority of a posters history is downplaying the "enemy console" or PC players.

You even have some people laughing at the fact that some PC gamers may need to upgrade a component or so, yet forgets that he/she does not own either next gen console, while also using a Fisher Price CPU for all the current games they currently play.

Back on topic: Being that this game is cheaper, I'm also wondering how long the gameplay is. And it eludes to next gen consoles needing a faster CPU, instead of faster storage, like some would like you to believe.

It's interesting with running dual world's/realms simultaneously though. Can't wait to see what gaming brings us this generation.

Life

Bloober games aren't very long. Can usually be finished in a single sitting.

That's a shame. I'll be honest - I have a really bad habit of not playing short games, even if they are REALLY good. When I see that a game is 4/5 hours long - I just can't invest in it.

Mista

Banned
Tought this was about a games pc requirements. When did the topic got into pc vs consoles mode?
Because people don't get to run around spreading bollocks when theres no proof to what they claim

Yeah, don't expect people to be quiet when some clueless person keeps saying rubbish

2080 to match console settings? Nice joke.

You don't need 2080 to hit 30fps with non-native 4K
Am I mistaken or do you have information that we don't have about how the game runs technically on Series X. If there were games that were native 4K on Xbox One X then it's not hard to imagine native 4K on Series X. It all depends on how the dual rendering affects performance.

Tought this was about a games pc requirements. When did the topic got into pc vs consoles mode?
Some PC gamers feel the need to defend their platform until they are short of breath. Some console gamers feel the need to do the inverse.

Mista

Banned
Am I mistaken or do you have information that we don't have about how the game runs technically on Series X. If there were games that were native 4K on Xbox One X then it's not hard to imagine native 4K on Series X. It all depends on how the dual rendering affects performance.
I don't have any information, so does anyone else claiming info with no proof

I am talking about the "need 2080 to match console settings" which is known info to everyone thats knowledgeable enough about PC and console hardware

Top Bottom