• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Lori Loughlin prison thread

How much jail time, if any, will Lori Loughlin serve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iconmaster

Banned
Lori Loughlin played Rebecca Donaldson ("Aunt Becky") on Full House from 1988 to 1995. In March of last year, she and her husband were accused of "conspiring to commit federal program bribery by paying employees at the University of Southern California to admit the defendants' children as athletic recruits or other favored admissions categories." The bribe amounted to half a million dollars.

Loughlin has pleaded not guilty, but at this point it's looking like a very uphill battle for her. She faces up to 45 years in jail unless she changes her plea and agrees to testify against her own husband. Even then, the sentence would still be 10 years. Maybe she wouldn't serve either sentence in its entirety, but nonetheless it looks like she has some substantial time behind bars ahead of her.

Remarkably, Aunt Becky has apparently hired a prison coach to teach her the ways of the big house (rather than the Full House). She's learning the right table manners, how to speak the lingo, and some self-defense.

Has anyone else been following this case? I sort of grew up on Full House, so I find it fascinating.

naDiqx8.png

tenor.gif

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
She's not going to serve any substantial prison time. Most likely a week in prison (isolated confinement) followed by a couple months house arrest and a couple years probation.

She's a sorta famous, kinda pretty, white woman... She'll be fine.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
tbh im bummed just because i know in the grand scheme of things what she did is really nowhere near as harmful to the rest of the world as what a lot of other people get away with all the time. i can understand wanting the best for your child. so i have some sympathy for that.

What I don't get is why these people with money stick around waiting to be sentenced. Take your cash, jump on a private jet and get the fuck out of dodge.

Hinedorf

Banned
Lori is human scum in every way. The only reason she is not shit upon by every single human being is because she's a good looking white female. Counter that with being an absolute shitty mother and adult.

You don't need the education, but you'll steal a legit opportunity from another human being on this Earth so you can lie to the public and create an image your daughter isn't actually an uneducated fucking idiot.

Death upon her whole family seems well with the realm of acceptability to me when you consider how many hardworking American families were likely impacted all for public image. I'm really not joking in that I truly wish the harshest of penalties for somebody like this.

Last edited:

Barsinister

Banned
Death upon her whole family seems well with the realm of acceptability to me when you consider how many hardworking American families were likely impacted all for public image. I'm really not joking in that I truly wish the harshest of penalties for somebody like this.

Jaywalker!

tbh im bummed just because i know in the grand scheme of things what she did is really nowhere near as harmful to the rest of the world as what a lot of other people get away with all the time. i can understand wanting the best for your child. so i have some sympathy for that.

There is no room for sympathy. We must wish "death upon her whole family" according to Hinedorf.

MisterHero

She and her husband are fucking loaded, I do not feel sorry for doing something so unnecessary.

The wealth extends to their daughters, who I do pity because they didn't seem to grasp how to live in the real world.

Becky isn't in the final season of Fuller House, which is gonna bug me forever. I hope I'll get over it though.

Pejo

Fascinating. I feel's she's definitely the one chosen to be the "example", wonder how much time she'll actually serve.

It's kinda surreal that stuff that's been happening for years and years is finally getting confirmed and punished in the past few years (the Weinstein stuff, the Cosby stuff, this). It's odd that I admit that when I first read about this I was like "oh yea, rich person paying money to get their kids into college, sounds right" without a second thought. I still think college is a joke for different reasons, but it's interesting that these things aren't getting swept under the rug as much anymore.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
What I don't get is why these people with money stick around waiting to be sentenced. Take your cash, jump on a private jet and get the fuck out of dodge.

They know they're going to a white collar, spa of a jail for like two weeks to a month. They probably huffed longer stints in rehab back in the day.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Why do rich people send their kids to college? Why do they need to bride people so that they can get into a program? Man college sounds like a gigantic scam.

Max_Po

Banned
Why do rich people send their kids to college? Why do they need to bride people so that they can get into a program? Man college sounds like a gigantic scam.

concentrate on finishing middle school so you can construct sentences that make sense ....Steve Jobs

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
concentrate on finishing middle school so you can construct sentences that make sense ....Steve Jobs
Read thread titles so that you can make make better replies on threads.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
lol, good-looking white woman facing consequences. That's a good one.

Gender bias is real.

V2Tommy

She'll be fine. Attractive, skinny white women are still S-Tier humans and get away with everything.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Thought it said something else at first LMAO

VhagvlH.png

Stouffers

Banned
Anyone think it’s super fucked up that her sentence will be longer than what’s-her-face’s because she’s actually making the prosecution do their job?

oagboghi2

She's not going to serve any substantial prison time. Most likely a week in prison (isolated confinement) followed by a couple months house arrest and a couple years probation.

She's a sorta famous, kinda pretty, white woman... She'll be fine.
Would you prefer she die in jail or something?

Her crime isn't that big

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Would you prefer she die in jail or something?

Her crime isn't that big

Right... Let's let every one who does something illegal that isn't murder or rape just do whatever. Let them have free reign. Those guys who stole all those pensions in that company? Their crime isn't that big. Let them have a nice vacation in Cabo.

Man alive...

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Anyone think it’s super fucked up that her sentence will be longer than what’s-her-face’s because she’s actually making the prosecution do their job?

She ain't been sentenced. Most of these women get the lightest sentence possible. Especially if they have the characteristics mentioned.

Barsinister

Banned
Right... Let's let every one who does something illegal that isn't murder or tape just do whatever. Let them have free reign. Those guys who stole all those pensions in that company? Their crime isn't that big. Let them have a nice vacation in Cabo.

Man alive...

If you're not careful DeafTourette DeafTourette will tape you. He'll tape you good!

oagboghi2

Right... Let's let every one who does something illegal that isn't murder or tape just do whatever. Let them have free reign. Those guys who stole all those pensions in that company? Their crime isn't that big. Let them have a nice vacation in Cabo.

Man alive...
our justice system works on degrees of severity. The less offensive the crime, the lighter the sentence.

Should she be sentenced as if she is a dangerous criminal?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
our justice system works on degrees of severity. The less offensive the crime, the lighter the sentence.

Should she be sentenced as if she is a dangerous criminal?

She should be sentenced based on the crime's sentencing guidelines.

And she IS... A... CRIMINAL! I understand this is hard for you to understand since she's a petite woman with no tattoos and has an "innocent" face.

So some crimes shouldn't be punished is what I'm getting from you, as long as no one was PHYSICALLY harmed, right?

White collar criminals should get off Scott free ... Right?

oagboghi2

She should be sentenced based on the crime's sentencing guidelines.

And she IS... A... CRIMINAL! I understand this is hard for you to understand since she's a petite woman with no tattoos and has an "innocent" face.

So some crimes shouldn't be punished is what I'm getting from you, as long as no one was PHYSICALLY harmed, right?

White collar criminals should get off Scott free ... Right?
Where did I say she shouldn’t be punished?

How does

Enter your brain, and you come away with

She is innocent. She should get away with everything

She will probably lose her case, and spend a few years in jail. That is a perfectly fine punishment, considering that yes she didn’t physically harm anyone. She lied and bribed people. That isn’t a murder.

She's white so of course!
well now that it’s been put on the table...

iconmaster

Banned

I do wonder about plea deals sometimes. But I get it. It makes things easier for everyone (including the defendant, if she actually is guilty) and it makes sense to offer an incentive to get there. It's just odd that the incentive is potentially "less justice."

Top Bottom