• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD | Switch VS Wii | Trailer Comparison

Fbh

LOL.

Not even Activision is this greedy. They give you 3 games like this for $40:
ihr9fcel0ll31.png

jakinov

LOL.

ihr9fcel0ll31.png
Activision would if they could. People charge less for things that are worth less. It’s like comparing how many burgers you can get from the mediocre mom and pop shop versus the popular chain restaurant. No brand equity, and the average person enjoys it less. Activision has to be cheaper to get sales. Nintendo doesn’t. Yeah Nintendo wants money. So does every other company.

Fbh

Activision would if they could. People charge less for things that are worth less. It’s like comparing how many burgers you can get from the mediocre mom and pop shop versus the popular chain restaurant. No brand equity, and the average person enjoys it less. Activision has to be cheaper to get sales. Nintendo doesn’t. Yeah Nintendo wants money. So does every other company.

True. I guess greedy is the wrong word. Every company is greedy and will try to get as much money from their products as they can. If Activision knew they could sell the Spyro trilogy for $80 and sell millions of units they would totally charge that.

With that said I own no Stock in any of these companies so how much money they make is irrelevant to me. As a consumer, I dislike Nintendo for their overpriced pricing practices and I think most big publishers offer more value for my money.

The Skull

LOL.

ihr9fcel0ll31.png

You seriously don't think Activision would charge as much as possible if the Spyro Franchise was as anywhere near as successful as Zelda? This isn't defending the pricing btw and, as much as I enjoy Zelda, I' not gonna shell out $60 for a resolution boost and 60 fps.

Game should be $40.
$60 is a joke especially if they plan on rereleasing WW and TP... they gonna charge $60 a pop for those too? Lmafo

This stuff is always amazing to me. I remember playing this game and thinking it looked good. Seeing it now, it looks almost unplayable to me. The framerate and resolution is god awful.

rubenburgt

It's definitely HD, but I'm just afraid it will lose its style because of it.

Look, Skyward Sword had that feel as if it was painted. That was the style of the game. Looking at this video do I see sharper edges and hi-res textures.

I don't getting that 'painting' feeling anymore.

Last edited:
Idk. HD, in some ways, makes the game look even worse.

This game came out late on Wii, where we all were well use to HD games on PS360. They had to go a different route, so they chose this washed-out water-color style, that looked good enough at low resolution.

But, bringing that to HD, just shows more just how ugly this game is in comparison to the two Zelda games before it and the one that followed.

I have a feeling The Simpsons' Comic Book Guy and I share similar feeling about this particular 3D Zelda.

Last edited:
This stuff is always amazing to me. I remember playing this game and thinking it looked good. Seeing it now, it looks almost unplayable to me. The framerate and resolution is god awful.
Did you get your prescription changed between then and now? Because I don't ever remember thinking this looked good.

Komatsu

Really amazing. Looks about as good as it did on my PC running Dolphin 4.0 in 2015, in 1080p and with a 60 FPS gecko code enabled.

And Nintendo will charge us 59.99 for the privilege whereas the original game came out with a 49.99 price tag.

Marvel14

Banned
Idk. HD, in some ways, makes the game look even worse.

This game came out late on Wii, where we all were well use to HD games on PS360. They had to go a different route, so they chose this washed-out water-color style, that looked good enough at low resolution.

But, bringing that to HD, just shows more just how ugly this game is in comparison to the two Zelda games before it and the one that followed.

I have a feeling The Simpsons' Comic Book Guy and I share similar feeling about this particular 3D Zelda.
Post that best summarises the topic.
Without the washed out watercolour look, the game's warts and limitations are out in force in high resolution HD...less tempted to double dip now, even at $40

Last edited:

daclynk

True. I guess greedy is the wrong word. Every company is greedy and will try to get as much money from their products as they can. If Activision knew they could sell the Spyro trilogy for $80 and sell millions of units they would totally charge that.

With that said I own no Stock in any of these companies so how much money they make is irrelevant to me. As a consumer, I dislike Nintendo for their overpriced pricing practices and I think most big publishers offer more value for my money.
that cool and all but if you dont want it then go play the original version that came out the wii. talking and comparing wont change anything.

Top Bottom