• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Fan-Made PC Port Nearly Complete

Bullet Club

Will Nintendo let it get to 89% complete?

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Fan-Made PC Port Nearly Complete​

Work on the Port is 88.4% complete according to the project's Github page

Nintendo’s beloved classic, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is apparently being ported to PC by a group of modders. According to the project’s GitHub page, work on it is nearly complete with the project being at 88.4% completion right now. The project is actually made by decompiling an N64 ROM version of the game instead of using the game’s actual source code so at its current stage it’s not actually a proper PC port that you can just download and play. This also follows a previous attempt by a modder to create a PC port of another beloved Nintendo title and one of the most prolific games in the platforming genre, Super Mario 64. While that project was promptly shut down by the higher-ups at Nintendo, as is the fate of many unfortunate fan remakes or fan games that use Nintendo’s assets, many remnants of that port can still be found and played today through various sources that we are definitely not allowed to link here.

Qf5xHsO.png

The Legend of Zelda; Ocarina of Time is not only one of Nintendo’s most legendary and beloved titles but it’s also a hallmark in the gaming hall of fame. Sitting at a whopping 99% Metascore since its release with the only game to rival it being Nintendo’s own The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild. Time has done very little to sully the undying legacy of Ocarina of Time and even today it’s just as beloved by gamers as it was during the time the game came out. The game has even received an official port by Nintendo on the 3DS which added tons of new features like Gyro aiming, 60 FPS, improved graphics, new gameplay elements, and various quality of life changes throughout the entire game.

Source: Exputer

Majukun

Wow why the fuck are they publicizing this. Nintendo's probably gonna send their black ops to disappear these guys. You don't wanna see the inside of a Nintendo black site.

Hope we get a version with the 3DS' visual improvements.
the repository doesnt have any of the actual assets apparently, so there's nothing trademarked in it.

or at least i think that's how it works

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Original ocarina at 60fps and a slew of other things I would imagine.

I really hope this becomes available.

Quasicat

Wow why the fuck are they publicizing this. Nintendo's probably gonna send their black ops to disappear these guys. You don't wanna see the inside of a Nintendo black site.

Hope we get a version with the 3DS' visual improvements.
That’s how it always works, it goes public and a couple of days later it’s gone with a cease and desist letter. This reminds me of the Ocarina of Time 2D game which was shown and then immediately disappeared.

How unfortunate, I really enjoy playing through these fan created games.

moniker

The title is misleading - this is not a PC port. The only thing you'll be able to do with the code on GitHub is to build an N64 ROM.

Though in the future, someone might take this code and port it to PC (like they did with Super Mario 64).

Top Bottom