• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes Trails series discussion |OT| : All aboard the head-patting express!

Hello fellow Trails/Kiseki fans, Darkmakaimura Darkmakaimura and I were discussing our shared love for the series and our desire to have a thread to discuss/speculate/hype/recommend the series.
So let's start with the introduction to the games in the series with general for any one interested in playing them or someone who only knows about it through the Switch port of Sen 3.

History :
The first entry of the series was released in 1989 as Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes, and was part of Nihon Falcom's Dragon Slayer line of games. It was released for various computer platforms, as well as consoles such as the Mega Drive, Super Famicom, and the PC Engine. The PC Engine version would be the only version to be released in English, and the only Legend of Heroes title released in North America until 2005. Meanwhile, in Japan, the series continued with Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes II, released in 1992 for a similar selection of platforms.

Subsequent games in the series dropped "Dragon Slayer" from the title. The Legend of Heroes III, The Legend of Heroes IV, and The Legend of Heroes V comprised the "Gagharv trilogy", a set of connected games taking place in the same world.

After the conclusion of the Gagharv trilogy, Falcom introduced a completely new world and story with their next game in the series: The Legend of Heroes VI: Trails in the Sky, which would later receive 2 sequels: Trails in the Sky SC (where SC stands for Second Chapter) and Trails in the Sky The 3rd. This trilogy of games makes up the first arc of a new subseries: the Trails / Kiseki series. This series would end up becoming a major IP for Falcom, spanning multiple story arcs set in the same fictional continent Of Zemuria, each of those arcs consisting of several games.

Falcom switched to a duology for the next arc in the Trails series, consisting of The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki in 2010, and The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki in 2011. These 2 games were met with critical acclaim in Japan and Asia, winning multiple awards.

After that, the company moved on to the four-game Trails of Cold Steel subseries, releasing the first in 2013, the second in 2014, the third in 2017, and the fourth in 2018. (Summary via Wikipedia)

The Games:
The 1st arc: Liberl Kingdom.
1- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC:

e729bR4.jpg

hRSidf5.jpg

71CUj3mwsJL._SL1000_.jpg

Trails in the Sky First Chapter was released in 2004 in Japan for PC and later ported to the PSP in 2006, XSEED picked up the rights and released the game in english in 2011 with a PC port in 2013, in 2015 it was remastered for the Vita in 2015 with new character art/music and full voice acting but only on Japan BUT if you have a modded Vita you can find the patched English translation easily, in fact that's what i'm playing right now.
Quick story synopsis:
The story begins with the main protagonist, 11-year old Estelle Bright, waiting for her father, Cassius, to return home for the night. When he does, he brings back a young boy by the name of Joshua. Cassius adopts the boy as his son, raising the two kids. Five years later, now-16-year old Estelle and Joshua decide to follow in their father's footsteps by becoming bracers, members of a guild that handles odd jobs (specializing in investigations and combat) to maintain the general peace. Soon after, Cassius receives a letter, causing him to leave his hometown of Rolent on business.
2-The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC

449964-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-sc-psp-front-cover.jpg

61PWSnG2DcL.jpg

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter is a direct follow up to FC and was originally released in 2006 in Japan for PC and later ported to the PSP in 2007, XSEED picked up the rights for the game with FC but due to the sheer size of the text and internal drama with one of the translators it was relesed digital only for PSP/Vita And PC in 2015, EVO remaster is also English patch same as FC.
Quick story synopsis:
It starts right where FC finished and is the climax to what happens in FC so no spoilers for you!

3-The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
400549-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-the-3rd-windows-front-cover.jpg

81ChsP41DuL._SL1477_.jpg

Trails in the Sky the 3rd is the squeal to SC but since Estelle and Joshua's story was concluded in SC, we have a new protagonist first introduced in SC Kevin Graham, originally released in 2007 in Japan for PC/PSP Xseed just put out the PC version in English in 2017, again the EVO version is English Patched and available to anyone interested and i do recommend it.

The 3rd was the final game in the Sky ark but it set up the future arcs, The Crossbell arc and Erebonia arc.

4-Zero no Kiseki
451936-the-legend-of-heroes-zero-no-kiseki-psp-full-cover.jpg

81htsOfB3pL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

First released exclusively for the PSP in 2010, it was later ported by an unknown company in China for PC, and remastered for the Vita with full VA in 2012, to this day it has no official English release but you can find the English fan translation patch for the regular and Evo versions easily.

Quick Story synopsis:
The game is set three months after the end of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd, in different country called Crossbell, a small country located between two giants in the game setting, Erebonia Empire and Calvard Republic. As a result, the country got divided into different sections, each representing the power that controlled them. Renaissance style architecture on Erebonia side, and Eastern style architecture (something like Chinatown) on Calvard side.

The plot of the game revolves around Lloyd Bannings, a rookie investigator who just joined the police force to investigate the death of his brother in line of duty three years before the story begin. The game follows him and his friends throughout their adventures around Crossbell as a police officer, finding the truth about his brother's death, and finally unraveled the hidden plots that happened behind the scenes in the country.

During his time as a police officer, Lloyd got put into a newly-created police division called Special Support Section (abbreviated as SSS), a new police division created to rival the Bracer Guild, which is more relied upon by citizens compared to the police. There, he met his coworker, Elie McDowell - daughter of a high-ranked politicians in Crossbell, Randy Orlando - an easygoing soldier with mysterious past, and Tio Plato - a genius young girl with uncanny proficiency in electronics.

This game and it squeal both happen at the same time as Cold Steel I&II

5-Ao no Kiseki
474980-the-legend-of-heroes-ao-no-kiseki-psp-front-cover.jpg

71qZySgsDoL._SL1235_.jpg

Released in Japan for the PSP in 2011 and later ported to PC in China, and for the Vita through the enhanced Evo release in 2014, it has no full English translation patch to this date.

It's a direct squeal to Zero.

6-The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel I
365984-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg

The 1st game in the Erebonia arc and the 1st fully 3D game in the series, released for the PS3 and Vita in 2013 in Japan, 2015 in the west and later ported to PC/PS4 in 2017/18.

Quick Story synopsis:
The game is set in the Erebonian Empire and takes place after the Trails in the Sky series of games and during the same time period as the Crossbell series of games. The game's plot is centered around Rean Schwarzer and his fellow "Class VII" at Thors Military Academy, which is a newly formed class composed of both Erebonian nobility and commoners, being the only one at the entire academy that does not segregate based on social class. The game follows Class VII throughout the school year from March to October, primarily focusing on their field studies that takes them to various cities and areas across Erebonia. The primary purpose of doing so is for the class to witness first hand the reality of the empire, as the power struggle between the nobility, led by four great aristocratic Houses, and the working class reformists led by Chancellor Osborne, which threatens to lead to a civil war.
7-The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
367216-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-ii-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg

You know the drill by now, it's a direct squeal to CS1 released a year later after 1 in Japan and in the west for PS3/Vita in 2016 and PC/PS4 in 2017/2018.

8-The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
601852-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii-playstation-4-front-cover.png

Released in Japan in 2017 and in the west in 2019 by NiS with help of the translators who worked on the series with Xseed, this game is the latest English release and takes place 1.5 years after the end of CS2 with Rean now being an instructor at the Thors acadmy second branch.
9-The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV
eiyuu-densetsu-sen-no-kiseki-iv-the-end-of-saga-550033.29.jpg

The final game in the Erebonia arc and the culmination of Rean Schwarzer's story, released in 2018 in Japan and TBD in the west, it's the latest release of the series.
10-The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki
Hajimari-no-Kiseki-Ann-Top_12-18-19.jpg

Falcom has announced The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki (Trails of the Beginning) for PlayStation 4, the latest entry in the Trails series of The Legend of Heroes games. An “ambitious title and turning point that will lead to the series’ conclusion,” it is planned for release in summer 2020 in Japan (Via Gematsu read at your own risk).

FAQ:
Q/Where to start with this series?
A/ Trails in the Sky FC always, it introduces you to the world of Zemuria and the various countries and organizations like the Bracers Guild.
Q/Is the Trails/Kiseki series connected to the other Legend of Heroes game?
A/No, it's own thing and by this point the Kiseki name is more known than the Legend of Heroes name.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I never knew the series dated back to 1989. I've played Cold Steel 1 and am playing through 2 now. I've found the games to be a bit slow at times, but the high points hit really hard.

I never knew the series dated back to 1989. I've played Cold Steel 1 and am playing through 2 now. I've found the games to be a bit slow at times, but the high points hit really hard.
Yeah i forgot to mention that these games have very slow pace especially in the 1st games (also 3rd in CS case) of the arcs, but once they hit their stride
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Clarissa

Banned
My favourite JRPG series! I'm playing Ao No Kiseki right now before starting Cold Steel 3.

My favourite in the series is Trails In The Sky 2. So much feels.

I hope the english version of Cold Steel 4 releases by the end of the year.

My favourite JRPG series! I'm playing Ao No Kiseki right now before starting Cold Steel 3.

My favourite in the series is Trails In The Sky 2. So much feels.

I hope the english version of Cold Steel 4 releases by the end of the year.
It's mine too since I played FC fully in 2013, the wait for SC was just killing me.

I absolutely loved FC, SC and 3rd, I bought them on Steam and GOG too! Magnificent games, full of heart and passion!

I loved the Cold Steel 1st too but the I didn't like the 2nd one, especially the ending parts... I expected better to be honest.

I just hope CS 3&4 will be better in terms of story. Also, I hope someone bring Crossbell games in English officially!

I absolutely loved FC, SC and 3rd, I bought them on Steam and GOG too! Magnificent games, full of heart and passion!

I loved the Cold Steel 1st too but the I didn't like the 2nd one, especially the ending parts... I expected better to be honest.

I just hope CS 3&4 will be better in terms of story. Also, I hope someone bring Crossbell games in English officially!
I own all the Kiseki games including imports. I have a few books as well.

pI9Bn58.jpg

Later on I'm going to put forth some theories and speculation I have regarding Stigmas and events from some of the games.

I own all the Kiseki games including imports. I have a few books as well.

pI9Bn58.jpg

Later on I'm going to put forth some theories and speculation I have regarding Stigmas and events from some of the games.
God i want those art books, i was tempted to get them more than once but i want them in English so i can understand the text.

What exactly did you not like about CS2 ending? Spoiler tagged of course.

Alright I figure I'll throw one out. Keeping it short because I have a difficult time typing with my phone.

So I have a theory about the Anima Mundi from the 3rd. I believe that it may be demonic in nature. There are various reasons for me to believe that. For one, it does mention it was born in Gehenna and while one could assume it's talking about the illusion, it mentions this to itself.

Another reason for this is also because of Kevin's Stigma absorbing the Spear of Loa which I believe to be a demonic artifact. We've seen what the Spear of Loa could do to a person.

Another hypothesis that I've from others when discussing this with them is how Time seems to have a lot of links with demons or demonic effects and we know that's Kevin's specialty, his Stigma and seemingly Stigmas in general.

Of course Anima Mundi's true form resembles a fiend or demon.

With all these hints, I think it's safe to speculate it might have been demonic in nature. In fact it could be Stigmas themselves all have demonic origin.

I'm replaying Trails in the Sky Evolution on my PSVita with English patch taken from the PC release, and hoo boy do i love the voice acting, i'm still at Rolent (the 1st town) but i'm digging the changes to the battle UI to be more in line with Zero/Ao/CS1&2.
I haven't played The 3rd evo besides the opening but i felt the need to replay the whole Sky Trilogy before playing 3rd and Zero so i can refresh my memory of the Sky games and Estelle/Joshua.
I also considring updating the OP with info on the actual game play with gifs and video/music samples for anyone interested in jumping into the series.
47-gif2.gif

61-gif4.gif

RemarkableKlutzyAardwolf.webp

mejin

I played Sky 1 & 2.

Last year, I bought and played CS I to IV. After playing CS I to III on PS4 I just couldn't wait for the localization of End of Saga. Thanks to community effort I could play the last game and I'm really happy.

Will get End of Saga in english when it comes (hope this year) and it would be great to see Crossbell arc coming to western market too.

Some new pics of Hajimari up on the Kiseki wiki.

Check it out. It's McBurn in some unusual looking place.... perhaps Outside (?)

WSEi40y.png

Last edited:
McBurn doing McBurn things I see
I'm hoping we get a ton more information regarding the Outside and especially Stigmas. We already know Zemuria operates on some odd physics after McBurn's and Emma's speech in CS4. My guess is Zemuria is not a planet in the traditional sense, but more like a pocket realm. I think it's similar to Elder Scrolls, where the Outside is like Oblivion with various realms spotted throughout it. That doesn't account for aliens from outer space like we fight in CS4, although they may just be extradimensional.

Shouta

I'm hoping we get a ton more information regarding the Outside and especially Stigmas. We already know Zemuria operates on some odd physics after McBurn's and Emma's speech in CS4. My guess is Zemuria is not a planet in the traditional sense, but more like a pocket realm. I think it's similar to Elder Scrolls, where the Outside is like Oblivion with various realms spotted throughout it. That doesn't account for aliens from outer space like we fight in CS4, although they may just be extradimensional.

That would make sense but I'm going to refrain from speculating much until I play Hajimari later this year. That way I won't be as disappointed if Falcom manages to boggle it, lol.

That would make sense but I'm going to refrain from speculating much until I play Hajimari later this year. That way I won't be as disappointed if Falcom manages to boggle it, lol.
I hear you. I have yet to be really disappoint by a Kiseki game though. All I know is I'm gonna glued to Twitch or whatever when it's streamed day one for glorious spoilers.

Since i only jumped around translated videos of CS4 on YouTube, i rather not discuss anything HnK until i play it fully myself when it gets loclized, gotta say though no Calvard arc is kinda disappointting.

MagnesG

Banned
When will ToCS III be released on PC and Switch again? I'm patiently waiting for that.

I had been closely following the series since PSP days with all of the translated games played, even the loosely connected Nayuta no Kiseki. One of my beloved Falcom series outside Ys.

Last edited:
When will ToCS III be released on PC and Switch again? I'm patiently waiting for that.

I had been closely following the series since PSP days with all of the translated games played, even the loosely connected Nayuta no Kiseki. One of my beloved Falcom series outside Ys.
March 23

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It seems like an interesting franchise that will unfortunately remain obscure as long as one must jump through hoops to actually play all the games. I tried it out on the PSP looooong ago and shelved it for a rainy day. I don't have much desire to go back and play since I know most of the games have yet to be localized.

The character and world designs are on point. I wish Arc System Works or Examu or French Bread. would grab the license and make a fighting game out of it.

theclaw135

Banned
I've got to get around to picking up some OSTs and artbooks! The movie is fine for what it is, but barely a tiny slice of the story.
I much prefer the Sky art director. The change in look has made me sluggish in getting far into Cold Steel.

Last edited:
It seems like an interesting franchise that will unfortunately remain obscure as long as one must jump through hoops to actually play all the games. I tried it out on the PSP looooong ago and shelved it for a rainy day. I don't have much desire to go back and play since I know most of the games have yet to be localized.

The character and world designs are on point. I wish Arc System Works or Examu or French Bread. would grab the license and make a fighting game out of it.
You can play every game on PC if you want.
Or if you have a Vita play the Evo remasters with full VO.
Fighting Kiseki already exists somewhat in Ys vs Kiseki.

mejin

I have some curiosity about 2 npc characters: Sariffa and Beryl.

The first I didn't see on Cold 3 and 4. So, what happened to her?
The last one is a really fun and mysterious character. I wonder when Falcom is going to explain more about her.

I have some curiosity about 2 npc characters: Sariffa and Beryl.

The first I didn't see on Cold 3 and 4. So, what happened to her?
The last one is a really fun and mysterious character. I wonder when Falcom is going to explain more about her.
Beryl IS in CS4, Sarrifa is i think mentioned in 3.

cireza

Great thread.

I have been trying to get invested in Falcom games for quite some time now, but I am having some difficulties, which is extremely frustrating since I really like many aspects of the games (artwork, presentation, chara-design, setting, music).

First of all, the Ys games. I played a bit of Ark of Napishtim and loved it, I played Celceta completely and loved it, Ys VIII though I could not complete it despite two attempts because I find that it gets too tedious/repetitive/does not progress fast enough, and eventually got bored. That's a bit stupid in the end because time spent on both attempts would have probably allowed me to complete one playthrough. This is the first time I do this actually, overall I don't give up twice on a game.

Trails of Cold Steel. I played quite a bit of the first game and eventually got bored, which frustrated me to hell because I feel that there is great content and stories to discover here, but gameplay overall make me abandon my playthrough. I have just decide to give it another try. I play these games on Vita, it helps enduring the longer moments, since this console is ON/OFF in a single second, which is very convenient for RPGs.

Finally I also tried Tits FC on Vita with English translation, I really like the looks of the game, the story seems again very interesting, but again, slow/repetitive gameplay made me give up on the game after a while.

Some people might think "just give up this is not for you", but I'd rather have some advice if you think it can somehow help stick to the game a bit more. Maybe I quit right before moments or revelations that would have helped me renew interest.

I am not the kind of player who likes to read all the things that all the NPCs have to say. I do like good, interesting gameplay backed-up by a great story, but I dislike too much unnecessary reading. Sometimes I felt that discussions overstay their welcome in Trails of Cold Steel.

Last edited:

drganon

Just started playing trails of cold steel 3. Probably should have played the first two first, but oh well. So far I'm enjoying it. Its reminding me of persona and fire emblem three houses, which in my case is a good thing.

mejin

Beryl IS in CS4, Sarrifa is i think mentioned in 3.

If anyone knows what happened to Sariffa I'd like to know.

And yeah we see Beryl what I wonder is what the heck is she. They never explained how she is able to do what she does.

Last edited:

mejin

I am not the kind of player who likes to read all the things that all the NPCs have to say. I do like good, interesting gameplay backed-up by a great story, but I dislike too much unnecessary reading. Sometimes I felt that discussions overstay their welcome in Trails of Cold Steel.

Legend of Heroes is like reading a book imo. You are not forced to read what NPCs or books/journals tell you, but they add a huge value in the overall package if you do. It's crazy how things just match when you read everything and understand what really happens to the world around you when you are just trying to do your things with your characters. I love the fact you get to "know" the people from each city and what happens to them in the future games.

I think Falcom turns the series more fun at each new game, but they are still a traditional jrpg. Battle mechanics are improved on CS3 and 4, more intuitive imo. If I have to compare with Dragon Quest XI, for example, I think it's way better cause of the arrangements of quartz. You can make everything easier if you understand their properties.

Anyway, Legend of Heroes is all about the characters imo if you don't get any kind of attachment to them, you won't ever really like the games. After 3 arcs, 9 games, there is no other series that tell us a great story at each game where everything matches in the end. And you are like "so that what happened to this guy in the past, what happens to him after that incident, etc.."

MagnesG

Banned
Great thread.

I have been trying to get invested in Falcom games for quite some time now, but I am having some difficulties, which is extremely frustrating since I really like many aspects of the games (artwork, presentation, chara-design, setting, music).

First of all, the Ys games. I played a bit of Ark of Napishtim and loved it, I played Celceta completely and loved it, Ys VIII though I could not complete it despite two attempts because I find that it gets too tedious/repetitive/does not progress fast enough, and eventually got bored. That's a bit stupid in the end because time spent on both attempts would have probably allowed me to complete one playthrough. This is the first time I do this actually, overall I don't give up twice on a game.

Trails of Cold Steel. I played quite a bit of the first game and eventually got bored, which frustrated me to hell because I feel that there is great content and stories to discover here, but gameplay overall make me abandon my playthrough. I have just decide to give it another try. I play these games on Vita, it helps enduring the longer moments, since this console is ON/OFF in a single second, which is very convenient for RPGs.

Finally I also tried Tits FC on Vita with English translation, I really like the looks of the game, the story seems again very interesting, but again, slow/repetitive gameplay made me give up on the game after a while.

Some people might think "just give up this is not for you", but I'd rather have some advice if you think it can somehow help stick to the game a bit more. Maybe I quit right before moments or revelations that would have helped me renew interest.

Perhaps you can try playing them on PC so that you can skim through easily throughout those texts and janky cutscenes? Some of them had already have Turbo Mode built-in or can you use CE speedhack at least, bind the speed button on the controller then voila.

If anyone knows what happened to Sariffa I'd like to know.

And yeah we see Beryl what I wonder is what the heck is she. They never explained how she is able to do what she does.
Well there's a new game releasing this year, Hajimari no Kiseki. Maybe we'll get more answers there, hopefully.

New contribution by your's truly.

Spirit World

Anyone who hasn't checked out the Kiseki Fandom page should do so. A lot of information mostly by hardcore fans.

Regarding that entry btw....

We're only barely scratching the surface of the more esoteric aspects of the Kisekiverse, but I have a feeling we're going to be visiting more of other planes and the Outside now.

The Spirit World is parallel to the physical world of Zemuria so it seems, and eventually a full out invasion from Gehenna doesn't seem impossible. I think Devils will be playing a much bigger role. Remember there are seventy seven "Devil Lords" and we've only seen less than a dozen of them.

And again with Stigmas, it wouldn't surprise me if they're somehow connected to demons as also with Time.

Now when you think about Kevin and his Stigma, and the "Phantasma Incident" and the Time arts, it doesn't seem far off.

I'm hoping Hajimari addresses this and of course our friend, Beryl.

Let me know what you think in the comments below.

Btw has there been any word regarding Cold Steel IV localization yet? I haven't heard anything.

drganon

Finally beat trails of cold steel 3. Glad I didn't give up on it after I got a bit frustrated in the 2nd chapter. Briefly started the new game plus thing. All the perks it gives you the option of using is pretty sweet. Might give it a second playthrough someday to rack up some trophies.

Shouta

Cold Steel 3 is very solid after the initial hump. Honestly, it might be the best overall entry in the Cold Steel subseries even with the usual Trails issues.

Cold Steel 3 is very solid after the initial hump. Honestly, it might be the best overall entry in the Cold Steel subseries even with the usual Trails issues.
Have you played IV yet?

Edit: forgot CS3 already has an English release.

Also is there any new news on Hajimari no Kiseki?

Last edited:

Shouta

What did you think?

It's probably the 2nd best game in the Sen/Cold Steel series. It has some great events and the gameplay is as solid as ever I feel like the overall writing is weak and the payoff for a lot of events aren't as grand as it should have been. A lot of it has to do with the cast being far too big, too many threads running all over, and all of that making it hard to develop all of the threads properly but it's also just plain being sloppy or rote. It's a real shame because there's nuggets of brilliance throughout the the game, especially with some of the characters, that gets muted because the rest of the story isn't firing on all cylinders like it should. Like, they totally botch Gaius' story for 4 games despite wonderfully interesting concept to it that could have really tied well back into the title.

With Hajimari taking a 3 route path to the game, I'm hoping it gives them time to focus on a smaller number of characters and so the writing doesn't suffer as a result but I'm pretty concerned.

It's probably the 2nd best game in the Sen/Cold Steel series. It has some great events and the gameplay is as solid as ever I feel like the overall writing is weak and the payoff for a lot of events aren't as grand as it should have been. A lot of it has to do with the cast being far too big, too many threads running all over, and all of that making it hard to develop all of the threads properly but it's also just plain being sloppy or rote. It's a real shame because there's nuggets of brilliance throughout the the game, especially with some of the characters, that gets muted because the rest of the story isn't firing on all cylinders like it should. Like, they totally botch Gaius' story for 4 games despite wonderfully interesting concept to it that could have really tied well back into the title.

With Hajimari taking a 3 route path to the game, I'm hoping it gives them time to focus on a smaller number of characters and so the writing doesn't suffer as a result but I'm pretty concerned.
I cannot wait.

I do hope Hajimari answers questions like Stigmas because omg I want to know more about Stigmas and the events regarding Phantasma. Also, I hope we learn more about Devils ans demons and Gehenna.

I'm not too crazy about the way Hajimari is going if what I'm reading on the Kiseki Discord is right.

there's a whole lot of "this is just a simulation" type of events and "oh that's not the real (insert character name or enemy name) but just a robot" stuff.

I hate a lot of these "simulation" stories....

Btw there's a live stream going on. It may not be streaming right at this time, but check out later or tomorrow. The streamer has been playing since yesterday.

Edit: Rean no Kiseki Rean no Kiseki anyways I want to know what you're thinking about this assuming you're not worried about spoilers.

F0kOh69.png

Last edited:

Shouta

Nightmare kinda hitting hard in the prologue. I died once to the boss at the end of it surprisingly. Hopefully it stays like that and the Falcom-brand of broken mechanics don't creep in and make it a cake walk, lol

I'm not too crazy about the way Hajimari is going if what I'm reading on the Kiseki Discord is right.

there's a whole lot of "this is just a simulation" type of events and "oh that's not the real (insert character name or enemy name) but just a robot" stuff.

I hate a lot of these "simulation" stories....

Btw there's a live stream going on. It may not be streaming right at this time, but check out later or tomorrow. The streamer has been playing since yesterday.

Edit: Rean no Kiseki Rean no Kiseki anyways I want to know what you're thinking about this assuming you're not worried about spoilers.

F0kOh69.png
I'm not really bothered by spoilers at this point since i watched a machine translated CSIV on YouTube and i'm still HYPED for the English release in October.

Regarding the simulation stuff, i think it's going to be a way to retcon some event Falcom feels will restrict their story telling in the future? Every long running story in any medium
eventually has some retcons, I'll reserve my judgment until i see the whole picture and i seriously doubt where they're going with this is going to divide the fanbase as bad as SO3 for example.

Maybe Falcom's on a simulation kick since Ys8's ending had elements of that.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Finally. I got Zero (Japanese Version with Englisch Patch) running again. On an older Laptop with Windows 7. Finally i can play it again

Shouta

Almost finished with Hajimari no Kiseki. I've got like one major thing to see unless there's story DLC for the game. Preliminary feelings is that it's probably my favorite game since Ao. The overall story is a good way to cap what's happened so far and the pace is really good. It has some silly as stuff in the plot even by Trails standards though, lol.

Almost finished with Hajimari no Kiseki. I've got like one major thing to see unless there's story DLC for the game. Preliminary feelings is that it's probably my favorite game since Ao. The overall story is a good way to cap what's happened so far and the pace is really good. It has some silly as stuff in the plot even by Trails standards though, lol.
High praise, glad they didn't mess it up, did you get to see the secret scene they made in the new engine?

Top Bottom