• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes End saga: Trails of Cold Steel IV announced for North America this fall

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I've been waiting for confirmation on when CS IV will be out to start with Cold Steel 3. Actually, I'll probably just replay the whole damn Cold Steel saga. That'll take a while...

Vawn

Banned
I saw the third is coming to Switch, but isn't this a continuous storyline? It sounds like I'd want to play 1 and 2 first, but those aren't on the platform.

Shifty1897

I saw the third is coming to Switch, but isn't this a continuous storyline? It sounds like I'd want to play 1 and 2 first, but those aren't on the platform.
I also noticed this when I downloaded the Switch demo and realized there is absolutely no way you can just pick up from the third one.

Vawn

Banned
I also noticed this when I downloaded the Switch demo and realized there is absolutely no way you can just pick up from the third one.

I guess EA did with Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U. I don't understand why companies do this?

Why not release all three for all Switch RPG fans, instead of just going after the specific subset that played the first two games elsewhere, stopped and now want to just play on Switch?

h3ad0rZ

How did they translate this one so fast? Game has to be massive. I mean, I'm hyped af, but I hope the translation quality doesn't dip completely knowing NISA.

Clarissa

Banned
I'm so happy. I'm playing cold steel 3 right now and seeing Crossbell in 3D and some of the npcs from Zero No Kiseki and Ao no kiseki in 3d made me so emotional.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Not an April Fools joke.

Finally we can see the final chapter of Class VII.

Second form - Gale!

How is this the "Legend of Heroes END"? Not even close. The devs even stated this is like the end of act 2 of presumably a 3 act franchise. We already have new games announced in this franchise that will continue on.

YukiOnna

How is this the "Legend of Heroes END"? Not even close. The devs even stated this is like the end of act 2 of presumably a 3 act franchise. We already have new games announced in this franchise that will continue on.
I imagine when they announce Hajimari here there will be surprised pikachu reactions all around.

I'm hoping Hajimari No Kiseki won't be the last one. At least one more arc would be great!
It's not. It's set up for the last part or something like that and god knows how long that will go on.

h3ad0rZ

Well, Its the "end" of "Cold Steel" arc so to say. After, there is gonna be a gaiden-type game that ties into new arc of the series.

Clarissa

Banned
I wonder if we'll be going to visit Calvard or Remifiria in future games.

I also hope we'll revisit Liberl and see it in 3D.

FStubbs

Looks like I'm locked and loaded to buy this game at least twice and then finally play the Cold Steel Saga in its entirety 2021.

Unless they also finally announce the Crossbell games.

Wish I had all 4 now lol.

Virex

Banned
really? what was censored?
I'm actually so happy they are bring the goods faster than Xseed that I didn't know about censorship.
Dialogue and jokes were changed in the translation and stuff cut out because it was deemed to be "sexist, bigoted." etc. As a NISA translator said. It was changed due to different cultural values or what they deemed "sexist"

I'll rather wait for an XSeed translation of a game even if it takes longer. Than the NISA bullshit.

Last edited:

KàIRóS

Oh wow they even announced the Switch and PC versions alongside the PS4 version this time lol.

Falcom should really push an official localization of the Crossbell arc games in the future at this point.

SantaC

Oh wow they even announced the Switch and PC versions alongside the PS4 version this time lol.

Falcom should really push an official localization of the Crossbell arc games in the future at this point.
Personally i thought the crossbell chapter was the most boring one in CS3.

Top Bottom