• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Television Series | Official Teaser Trailer | HBO Max

Draugoth

Gold Member

Fdl_hj4WIAAPJKv
Fdl_sMeWAAEME8o

Fdl_stOXEAAEZqZ
Fdl_iEoWAAAaWsL

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I hope you get to see the world go to pot in the beginning because that would be fun. Then you can time jump to a world run by dragons and magic.
Honestly, it would be cool if they addressed with almost "patient zero" that the games never covered. One scene in the trailer where it seemed they (Joel?) were out to a fancy dinner may have some "before, or just when it all went to hell" moments.

Or maybe that was where he was before he got home to Sarah later in the evening.

Honestly, it would be cool if they addressed with almost "patient zero" that the games never covered. One scene in the trailer where it seemed they (Joel?) were out to a fancy dinner may have some "before, or just when it all went to hell" moments.

Or maybe that was where he was before he got home to Sarah later in the evening.

If thats the case they will be changing the story i guess as Joel said he was working, but maybe he was lying originally.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'll give them props for at least putting a legit budget behind this and not being cheap by going the route of a CW show.
There is a certain massive budget behind another IP as we speak, that has the dialogue/writing and casting of a CW show. 🤭

I hate her casting. The show looks cheap at times and high budget in other shots. Very uneven.
We are going to have a graphics breakdown from you, aren't we?

Markio128

Looks good to me, and the beginning scenes are clearly recognisable - obviously Bella doesn’t look like Ellie from the games, but she does have the acting chops to make the role her own, I reckon.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If thats the case they will be changing the story i guess as Joel said he was working, but maybe he was lying originally.
Well, maybe he wasn't ready to tell Sarah he was out on a date. But yeah, this is all speculation.

Could be even a further flashback where we get to see her mother.

Salz01

Looks ok. Mando looks the part, but as others have said, some shots look cheap. I’d rather would have had Factions be announced today….

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Crazy how it goes from looking super cheap to decent budget. Maybe it's just missing some post editing work and effects on the image to brush it up.

First time I've actually thought Ellie looks super off, now I'm seeing it in a trailer. She's a great actress so I have faith she can turn it around.

Optimistic for this. Please be good.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I really liked what I saw. Heh, this may be one of the most depressing and bleak shows to ever come out depending on how closely they follow the game(s).

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Are we gonna see Joel’s butt cheeks? Is he gonna have sex with Marlene while Tommy is watching?

“Find the last of us, win the war.”

Last edited:
Top Bottom