• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Pt II |OT| Oh Ellie...I think they should be terrified of you

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
They added two new trophies and I just started a new run.

Looks like I have to start from the beginning again.

Aggelos

TLOUPII_Grounded_Screenshot_04.jpg

TLOUPII_Grounded_Screenshot_01.jpg

TLOUPII_Grounded_Screenshot_02.jpg

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

Permadeath sounds sick! I wonder if it is per chapter or you die and start the game all over again.

From the game page:
However, if taking on the whole game is too daunting, you can choose to enable Permadeath mode with checkpoints on a per-chapter or per-act basis. In other words, if you die at the end of Day One, you’ll have to play the entire day over again.

Last edited:

Aggelos

Permadeath sounds sick! I wonder if it is per chapter or you die and start the game all over again.

Trailer says no second chances - one life only. Thus a safe guess is that you start the game all over again from the beginning.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Trailer says no second chances - one life only. Thus a safe guess is that you start the game all over again from the beginning.
There are several options for it:

However, if taking on the whole game is too daunting, you can choose to enable Permadeath mode with checkpoints on a per-chapter or per-act basis. In other words, if you die at the end of Day One, you’ll have to play the entire day over again.

HawarMiran

Banned
They should allow a Joel character model to replace Abby (like they did in uncharted games once you complete the story)

Not in cut scenes obviously, I don't need to see Joel get fucked a second time
yeah man I missed smashing faces into walls and edges of furniture, as Joel :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Woggleman

I don't get people who complain that this game is too dark and grim. What were they expecting? I won't buy Mario Kart or Animal Crossing complaining that it is all rainbows and sunshine.

bender

What time is it?
Yea, but I want to know if it will be possible without cheating.

For most people, no. The game is just so damned long and enemy AI does have some variety in flanking, so most people are going to make a mistake at some point and lose their run.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
I’m so excited for this update. Now I have more reasons to replay the game

But now it’s time to talk about factions I hope we hear about it soon

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I think the one death grounded run is something mostly for speed runners. Seems like something I would try a few times until the PS5 version.

Skipping cutscenes take forever and I want them to happen in an instance while making these runs.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I think the one death grounded run is something mostly for speed runners. Seems like something I would try a few times until the PS5 version.

Skipping cutscenes take forever and I want them to happen in an instance while making these runs.
I couldn't even finish the game on Survivor mode without Permadeath; I had to lower the difficulty to Normal after getting stuck at the part where you play as Abby and have to fight off waves of Infected inside a decrepit dwelling while Lev breaks you out. So, beating the game on Grounded, nonetheless with Permadeath, is something I'd never be able to do.

Dorohedoro

Not that it will make it easy but I'm sure you can cheese it with online/USB saves.
Such a bitch move lol. I'm hoping they found a way to prevent that but probably not...
I couldn't even finish the game on Survivor mode without Permadeath; I had to lower the difficulty to Normal after getting stuck at the part where you play as Abby and have to fight off waves of Infected inside a decrepit dwelling while Lev breaks you out. So, beating the game on Grounded, nonetheless with Permadeath, is something I'd never be able to do.
That part is tough on higher difficulties but it feels badass if you can pull it of. Luckily I was well stocked to get through it just fine on Survivor, well barely since it takes almost everything you got. Haven't done it on Survivor+. It's probably a nightmare on grounded tho, the Rat King level too.

Last edited:

angelic

Banned
Need some non spoiler advice pls, the game has just started making me play as abbie, who i fucking hate, how long must I endure it please? Also what percentage am I on roughly? Please don't spoil any story. Cheers!

Ellery

Need some non spoiler advice pls, the game has just started making me play as abbie, who i fucking hate, how long must I endure it please? Also what percentage am I on roughly? Please don't spoil any story. Cheers!

I feel you in the way that the game wants to make you feel that way. I think it is worth sitting through it and being open minded. Look at the structure of the game and where you are, what you have played so far and then think about what needs to happen in order for the paths to cross. Yep it is going to be a while.

Hopefully it will get better... it does for many. It's half the game - minus 8 percent.

Same length as with Ellie. You will do all 3 full days in Seattle plus one more section.

On Topic:

Its so fun to play a second time through for collectables with infinite ammo and infinite crafting materials. Im just destroying everything with explosive arrows lol.

angelic

Banned
Much appreciate the replies. I've been throwing her off buildings and letting her get shot. The story telling has worked as I've zero desire to play as her.

Hostile_18

Banned
Much appreciate the replies. I've been throwing her off buildings and letting her get shot. The story telling has worked as I've zero desire to play as her.

That's how your meant to feel at this point 😊

To the outside world though your playing a person who killed a high way thief who's greatest score was robbing the world of a cure for the plague.

All I'll say is that I didn't expect to enjoy Abby's section at all, but ended up loving it.

10/10 game for me. GOTY and one of the games of the generation.

I'll play it again at some point, but not for a real long time (so, in 10 years..!), so all the little details feel fresh again.

dDoc

The rat king on survivor was giving me some headaches until I ended him with 3 incendiary shotgun blasts.

I also preferred Abby's half of the game over Ellie's. Felt there was more action vs the infected. More action over all.

I also get why Abby did what she did. In her eyes Joel was evil personified.

angelic

Banned
Spending time with abbey is like dating your childhood rapist, this game is a turd sandwich story wise. Talk about killing a franchise dead, to me anyway.

GeorgPrime

Banned
So what happens if Naughty Dog drops Last of Us now and does something new? Sounded like they dont want to make Last of Us 3 even with the good sales.

It seems like they fully expect Part 3 to flop after 2.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
What are you talking about?

Neil Druckmann said in one interview that he is not sure if they will ever do Part 3. They are more interested in doing something new now or focus on another franchise. If they do Last of Us 3 it wont be in the near future.

Feels like they want to avoid a possible flop after all the critic of 2 that waas successful due to the Hype thanks to Part 1. If you get Part 3 now and you know only 50 % of the people loved 2 than it will hurt the sales.

The next Part will determine if Part 2 helped or hurt the franchise.

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

Neil Druckmann said in one interview that he is not sure if they will ever do Part 3. They are more interested in doing something new now or focus on another franchise. If they do Last of Us 3 it wont be in the near future.

Feels like they want to avoid a possible flop after all the critic of 2 that waas successful due to the Hype thanks to Part 1. If you get Part 3 now and you know only 50 % of the people loved 2 than it will hurt the sales.

The next Part will determine if Part 2 helped or hurt the franchise.
If they do a part 3 it will be at the end of the gen. And no way it flops. I believe people will be hungry for another entry by then, especially if the show is successful, and many of the people that had a meltdown over part 2 will have either gotten over it or just moved on completely by 2027 or whenever the hell it releases.

Dorohedoro

Anyway, has anyone ever dodged an arrow? Could've sworn I saw Ellie do that in the E3 2018 walkthrough, and yes I know some of it was fake, but I'm just curious if this was possible.

Top Bottom