• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| The Last of Us Pt II |OT| Oh Ellie...I think they should be terrified of you

Clear

Deer/Dur
Feb 2, 2009
They just need to make a "horde"-type mode playable with character(s) of the player's choice. The PVE gameplay is so good in TLOUII that it deserves to be given a pproper showcase. I mean. if Bend and SP can add this sort of thing into their games (as free add-ons), then ND should do the same.

R6Rider

Jan 22, 2020
USA
Just finished this last night. I hadn't played it since release week and was so glad they added option to remove film grain.

Aug 26, 2018
Donno why but to me, OST from the first ine was so memorable. I dont even remember the one from TLOU2 even though I finished the game twice and liked it.

kikkis

Neo Member
Aug 13, 2020
Some initial impressions on gameplay:
-Aiming still sucks just like in first one, you have to be goddamn surgical with your thumbstick it just isn't fun. Skill gap criers can go to hell.
-Push stick lightly not to make sound for clickers, like jesus could you make the anymore slower to pad out the length.
-Amazing animations are nowhere to be seen, plays like any other video game, which fine for me but, they just had to hype it.
-Collecting crap or upgrade materials just seems another waste of time. But it's survival horror! I suppose but to me its just dull.

On story:
-Now I am not bothered too much if creators want to push their agenda or view, but this just seems bit too front loaded, with things like bigots, weed, superficial relationships, and bi/gay characters pushed right out of the gate.
-Pacing so far has been slow both in terms of content and delivery.

The Black Brad Pitt

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Apr 14, 2006
Some initial impressions on gameplay:
-Aiming still sucks just like in first one, you have to be goddamn surgical with your thumbstick it just isn't fun. Skill gap criers can go to hell.
-Push stick lightly not to make sound for clickers, like jesus could you make the anymore slower to pad out the length.
-Amazing animations are nowhere to be seen, plays like any other video game, which fine for me but, they just had to hype it.
-Collecting crap or upgrade materials just seems another waste of time. But it's survival horror! I suppose but to me its just dull.

On story:
-Now I am not bothered too much if creators want to push their agenda or view, but this just seems bit too front loaded, with things like bigots, weed, superficial relationships, and bi/gay characters pushed right out of the gate.
-Pacing so far has been slow both in terms of content and delivery.
Game clearly isn’t for you son.

kikkis

Neo Member
Aug 13, 2020
What so odd about that? Ellie or the other char animates just like any other 3rd person char, which has fair amount of floatiness and twitchiness. Cutscenes animate much better ofc but they are not gameplay obviously.

Ellery

Feb 17, 2019
Manches, Amsterdam, Berlin
What so odd about that? Ellie or the other char animates just like any other 3rd person char, which has fair amount of floatiness and twitchiness. Cutscenes animate much better ofc but they are not gameplay obviously.
Okay man I agree. The game is bad technically, graphically, the animations are bad, the gameplay is bad, the aiming is bad and there are abslutely no ways to change it in the options, the story is bad, the pacing is bad, the enemy design is just in place to make this very long game even longer.

Oct 2, 2019
You are right. Didn't realize it was a 2 month old Neo member with 3 Ks in his name.
I thought they just didn't know/understand what animations are and this is why I was confused about that weird statement.
"Le epic 4chin troll coming in to troll those PS4 N****** huehuehuehue >/pol/"

If you've spent sometime at /vpol/ you'll learn to spot them right away, trust me as much as these """individualist"" love to believe they are different and that /v/ isn't a giant echo chamber like Reddit (they are), they all use the same baits and share the same" trolling™" style.

Reactions: Ellery

Kadayi

Probable Replicant & GIF PIMP
Oct 10, 2012
theconclave.net
You are right. Didn't realize it was a 2 month old Neo member with 3 Ks in his name.
So let me get this right because they don't like your '10/10 masterpiece GoTG' you think that entitles you (whose barely been here a year) to label them a racist from the comfort of Amsterdam/Berlin where ever? :unsure:

Last edited:

Ellery

Feb 17, 2019
Manches, Amsterdam, Berlin
So let me get this right because they don't like your '10/10 masterpiece GoTG' you think that entitles you (whose barely been here a year) to label them a racist from the comfort of Amsterdam? :unsure:
:messenger_ghost: oh I see how it can be interepreted that way. I didn't even think about that when I made my post.

I can change it if it makes you more comfortable

• LOL
Reactions: sol_bad

Kadayi

Probable Replicant & GIF PIMP
Oct 10, 2012
theconclave.net
:messenger_ghost: oh I see how it can be interepreted that way. I didn't even think about that when I made my post.

I can change it if it makes you more comfortable
If you bothered to check their post history before rushing to judgement you actually see them defending TLOU2 in an earlier thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

mhirano

Feb 18, 2020
Abby is (MILD SPOILERS) a f*** ungrateful b*tch and I let the first zombie kill her as soon as I could after her second appearance and this is canon for me.

• LOL
Reactions: voidenberg

Yselacrey00

Nov 20, 2018
Loved the first part of the game. Hated the way they presented us Abby's story. Like seriously? Are you gonna left us at that cliffhanger for 10 fucking hours ? Other than that game was amazing.