• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE LAST OF US PlayStation Evolution PS3 - PS5

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Game Evolution Presents: The Last of Us PlayStation Evolution PS3 - PS5. This video showcases the History of The Last of Us Series on PlayStation consoles.

0:06 The Last of Us (2013)
1:00 The Last of Us: Left Behind (2014)
1:54 The Last of Us Remastered (2014)
2:45 The Last of Us Part II (2020)

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I've finished the first game on the PS5 yesterday. The last time I've played The Last of Us was ~8 years ago back when it came out on the PS3, I've finished it 5 times in a row 4 of which on Survival. But going back to it now.... yeah, gameplay-wise and in terms of controls the first 4 hours was a struggle for me. It is real hard to just go back and play this game now, let alone finish it if you don't have patience for how it plays and controls in 2021.

I also think that there is a strong argument to be made that yes, while back when it came out it was one of the best game ever made, but 8 years have passed and it's about time to make a real remaster of it with way better controls, lots of quality of life improvements and of course visual upgrades across the board. The game can look real good at times, but the overal image quality is very noisy, hugely aliased, blury and dirty AF even in 4K.

Idk if ND cares enough to do a much better job remastering original game 8 years later (tbh, PS4 version is not a true remaster, it's just isn't, not even close), so I think Blue Point can do wonders with it on the PS5 and there's no need to remade it from the ground up... as long as original source code is available (which I hope it is).

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Tbh I think the last of us part 1 gameplay has aged much better than the first free uncharted's

Blond

Banned
If they do a third one the smart thing to do to gain back the audience would be the years of Joel being a force to be reckoned with while he was with Tommy.

Boss Mog

There's literally no PS5 enhancements for TLOU2 so I don't know why the video talks about PS5. Naughty Dog have really dropped the ball here, particularly if they intend to sell a remaster. Even Square-Enix, who are probably the stingiest publisher, are giving the PS5 version of FF7R free to owners of the PS4 version.

Ryu Kaiba

There's literally no PS5 enhancements for TLOU2 so I don't know why the video talks about PS5. Naughty Dog have really dropped the ball here, particularly if they intend to sell a remaster. Even Square-Enix, who are probably the stingiest publisher, are giving the PS5 version of FF7R free to owners of the PS4 version.
yeah not sure why PS5 is mentioned, but I'm sure its coming. They are probably waiting for a bigger install base and the multiplayer. hopefully if they're gonna sell it it adds more content.

Top Bottom