• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II Star Laura Bailey Open To Abby Return; Reflects On Playing Spider-Man's MJ

Business

Like it or not we are getting more Abby. Probably Neil is already crying going through his own drafts of her and Ellie reconciling, teaming up in an orgy of blood, sweat, estrogen overdose and hairy armpits. Sign me up baby!

Last edited:

yurinka

I hope she comes back and Abby gets killed. Laura Bailey amazing actress and performance but Abby a shit
I think Laura doesn't even need to come back: for me the perfect TLOU3 intro would be Ellie chopping Abby's head off with a chainsaw in the minute zero. No recording lines required.

Then the first half of the game would be flashbacks of Ellie and Tommy remembering past times with Joel, and in like half of them we'd play as him. The second half would be Ellie finding her parents and revealing the reason of why she is inmune and the origins of the virus to create the cure: a US military biological weapon test.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
We need to fix the happy ending nonsense they went with. They took the cake and ate it too.

Someone needs to die. I vote for Levy the useless fuck.
Sarcasm?

There was no happy ending at all. Which is why it was dreadful and they achieved what they set out to do.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
biceps female muscle GIF

Yas

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The second half would be Ellie finding her parents and revealing the reason of why she is immune and the origins of the virus to create the cure: a US military biological weapon test.
See this is logical would answer a lot of questions from the first, but they went with...well what they went with.

Bragr

Banned
Did we play the same game? Lol
Sarcasm?

There was no happy ending at all. Which is why it was dreadful and they achieved what they set out to do.

The good ending is when she magically and conveniently changes her mind at the perfect moment and everyone lives. That's what they went with.

The bad ending they should have done is Ellie being the monster she was supposed to be, and she kills Levy and Abby. That's the character they developed, that's the Ellie they made.

Until they scrapped that and went with the good ending. No balls.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The good ending is when she magically and conveniently changes her mind at the perfect moment and everyone lives. That's what they went with.

The bad ending they should have done is Ellie being the monster she was supposed to be, and she kills Levy and Abby. That's the character they developed, that's the Ellie they made.

Until they scrapped that and went with the good ending. No balls.
Ellie was realizing that she was becoming the monster she thought she was fighting. And for that, it was was already too late and she lost everything.

Nothing good about that ending. It felt dreadful and lonely.

Bragr

Banned
Ellie was realizing that she was becoming the monster she thought she was fighting. And for that, it was was already too late and she lost everything.

Nothing good about that ending. It felt dreadful and lonely.
Sociopaths don't flick a switch and change their minds like that. She was the monster she was fighting long before the end, the game just doesn't want her to be, because they need her for the third.

Games never follow human psychology, they always follow cartoon psychology. Ellie is pure cartoon psychology. Which is why it was "the good ending".

They made her a villain and didn't have the balls to let her be the villain.

Puscifer

Will you people play the game or do your research for fuck's sake

I played the game twice did you not read my other post for fucks sake?

If Joel showed up like Arnold God-damned Schwarzenegger in the 80s I'd have the same fucking opinion.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I played the game twice did you not read my other post for fucks sake?

If Joel showed up like Arnold God-damned Schwarzenegger in the 80s I'd have the same fucking option.
Her camp wasn't a place of limited access though. They had plenty of lean protein, sustainable farming methods and supplements.

It's also in a world where a fungal virus turns you into a human eating machine. Why pick one realism to harp on and not the other?

Puscifer

Her camp wasn't a place of limited access though. They had plenty of lean protein, sustainable farming methods and supplements.

It's also in a world where a fungal virus turns you into a human eating machine. Why pick one realism to harp on and not the other?
If that's the case why aren't all the men bigger than her? Didn't they train just as hard if not harder? Like I said I liked the 2nd more than the original which I found outright boring and overrated after the first hour.

They made an odd decision, the 2017 version she was just yoked enough that it didn't take me out of the experience. He reappearing in 2020 was a legitimate Sense of confusion in how big she became for the game. I posted a photo of it, I and clearly hundreds of thousands of others wouldn't have questioned a single thing about her physique had they stuck with that design.

That's literally all I'm saying, nothing more, nothing less, no politics just a gigantic woman that sticks out from a bad design choice but I have no word agenda towards her.

Puscifer

The 2017/beach Abby might have more "realistic" proportions to some people but I don't buy that character model going toe to toe with some of those bigger Scar enemies. It's more believable with the beefier version they settled with.
Yet Ellie sliced them in the throat no issue or did that entire park chapter just not exist to people?

Last edited:

squarealex

Y'all really defending this? They increased her muscle mass significantly. She had a more realistic shape in her initial showing. Y'all can't compare a post apocalyptic survivor scenario to people with access to 300G of protein a day powerlifting. I love TLOU 2 way more than the original and I can still point out at times where playing as Abby I was having moments of "this is a fucking dude I'm playing as"

ZvkuuvF.png
Downgrade

BTW : I Love TLOUp2, but the extra muscle is a bit too much

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If that's the case why aren't all the men bigger than her?
Because some of the men did not have the same motivations and ambition to go after the 6ft tall stout 200lb Joel who killed her father, and has a reputation for being a very formattable man?

She was focused at going after that man, and it drove her to focus on getting ripped in the process.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Well you see her size on release in 2020, that's the thing, you don't need to be powerlifting and getting anywhere near 300 grams of protein a day to look like that. Powerlifters don't even usually have defined physiques. How can I not defend this when people like you have no fucking clue. I can't even believe you think that's like some mammoth unrealistic arm. You realise anyone who has a little bit of muscle with a low body fat percentage would have an arm similar to that. Get a clue.

There’s been a few girls at my gym over the years that were buff like Abby.

The last thing I’ll take seriously is a gamer that thinks they know what a woman who lifts heavy should look like.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Y'all really defending this? They increased her muscle mass significantly. She had a more realistic shape in her initial showing. Y'all can't compare a post apocalyptic survivor scenario to people with access to 300G of protein a day powerlifting. I love TLOU 2 way more than the original and I can still point out at times where playing as Abby I was having moments of "this is a fucking dude I'm playing as"

ZvkuuvF.png
Ellie's mom sure is looking good these days.

Azurro

Banned
There’s been a few girls at my gym over the years that were buff like Abby.

The last thing I’ll take seriously is a gamer that thinks they know what a woman who lifts heavy should look like.

I go to the gym 5 times a week. The women that look like Abby are using PEDs, and are nowhere near as big as the guys using them. I honestly doubt you go to the gym if you think that she can be stronger than any of the guys lifting (IN THE APOCALYPSE) in that same gym. They simply can't get as big or lift as much as guys, just reality.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the apocalyptic bodybuilder stronger than any man is a great, great character, the best! :p

Which makes just about as much sense as old man joel taking on a small army + dead flower people. Just go to the gym and work out and you can get big muscles too

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Which makes just about as much sense as old man joel taking on a small army + dead flower people. Just go to the gym and work out and you can get big muscles too

I do actually, quite a bit. TLOU is grounded in reality, she hilariously stands out because of how unrealistic she is. It's completely ridiculous that she can lift more than guys that lift regularly, that's just not real, except in the fantasy world woke people live in.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I go to the gym 5 times a week. The women that look like Abby are using PEDs, and are nowhere near as big as the guys using them. I honestly doubt you go to the gym if you think that she can be stronger than any of the guys lifting (IN THE APOCALYPSE) in that same gym. They simply can't get as big or lift as much as guys, just reality.

Show me where I said they’re as strong as or bigger than other big guys at the gym.

I’ll wait.

Def be rooting for Abby in last of us 3. Ellie was decidedly unlikable by the end. I know a lot of people didn’t like Abby’s half of the game, but it was the better half imo 🤷‍♂️
With you on that one, I’m almost at the end on PS5 and the confrontation was great playing as Abby. Abby’s half of the game was way better to me, way more interesting encounters and memorable areas. Even the characters are more interesting from her perspective.

I do actually, quite a bit. TLOU is grounded in reality, she hilariously stands out because of how unrealistic she is. It's completely ridiculous that she can lift more than guys that lift regularly, that's just not real, except in the fantasy world woke people live in.
Grounded in reality? Viruses that turn people into raging cannibals and exploding fungal monsters that click and track you by sound and you want to talk about a muscular woman not being grounded in reality. That really the hill you want to die on?

It’s nothing to do with being woke, she’s just a muscular woman on a revenge mission and training as hard as possible to kill a killer.

Arachnid

That's the same person? I knew there was a reason I didn't like MJ in that game despite the fact that she's my favorite SM love interest. Most masculine and annoying version of MJ ever.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
There are so many unrealistic things in the world of The Last of Us Part II, but people's biggest complaint is her muscles. LOL.

Lupin25

Oh yeah, the apocalyptic bodybuilder stronger than any man is a great, great character, the best! :p

Yeah, but…

Is it more unrealistic for a girl to body build?

…Compared to an 18 year old girl who mass murders HALF the state of Washington?

Outside of high-fidelity visuals and well fleshed-out characters, there isn’t much at all grounded in reality with TLOU’s universe.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Where in the game did she lift more than guys that lift regularly? I don't even think her physique was addressed at all. You should know going to the gym, you don't need to lift heavy weight to look big. Any female can look like Abby with the right exercise, form and low body fat. Do it from a young age for a good number of years and you will look cut like that. The people who think it's unrealistic don't lift or haven't lifted for long enough to understand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom