• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II sells more than 4 million copies

Alebrije

Sales will slowdown but guess the game will be profitable. Sony will be happy and end of the story. Its a game I wont recomend to my friends becuase its masochist story.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
So same as ever other single player game in existence, people finished it and they're onto the next thing.

Shocking.

While I don't agree in that the entire game is boring, I absolutely DO agree that the bloated size of the areas really hurts the game, finding loot in the first game never bothered me but here it just seems to drag on forever because of the amount of buildings it wants you to explore and the size of areas. They really took a "bigger is better" approach to the sequel and it didn't do anything but hurt the final product.

I'm about 17 hours in and think it's a fantastic game but it's definitely not better than the original.
Yeah, I've said before that the open world section of Lost Legacy was the worst part of the game for me and I think it's the same with TLOU Part II.

I still think it's a masterpiece but I think ND should leave the open world stuff alone for their linear stuff

Hobbygaming

Most of the people never saw the leaks, so initial success was to be expected. The 80% drop off is not that interesting, except for the fact that a freaking 3DS game outsold it. I hope this is a sign that the game is stumbling, I'd like Naughty Dog to go back to making great games, instead of making propaganda vehicles to convince people to get a sex change. :p
They did make a great game and more and more people are finding out :)

HawarMiran

Banned
Most of the people never saw the leaks, so initial success was to be expected. The 80% drop off is not that interesting, except for the fact that a freaking 3DS game outsold it. I hope this is a sign that the game is stumbling, I'd like Naughty Dog to go back to making great games, instead of making propaganda vehicles to convince people to get a sex change. :p
You must be struggling with the thought of changing your gender if it is that easy to convince you. And btw it is common that the people who care most about these topics are closeted and hiding something :). You can suck dick my man. It is okay. We won't judge :messenger_open_mouth:🍆

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Im not sure if you're trolling me or just deluded :goog_unsure:
As someone who deals with sales all year long and follows the market i can put one and one together.

I am not deluded and since i run my own business for the past 10 years i might be more qualified than you ???

Jtibh

Banned
How soon is "very soon?" I'm willing to make a bet, even though everyone I've bet here has pussed out after I've won.
Ok lets bet.
I say by october for sure.

Flash sale for 30 and under will be around september.

I take a 2 weeks ban if i am wrong.
You take a 2 weeks ban if i am right

Mark this.

Azurro

Banned
You must be struggling with the thought of changing your gender if it is that easy to convince you. And btw it is common that the people who care most about these topics are closeted and hiding something :). You can suck dick my man. It is okay. We won't judge :messenger_open_mouth:🍆

Hey, didn't say it was effective, but propaganda is propaganda. :)

ARcVf5G.gif

HawarMiran

Banned
Hey, didn't say it was effective, but propaganda is propaganda. :)
How is it proganda? It is a fictional depiction of the reality we live in. There are people out there who are gay, bisexual, trans, straight. In this game we have Ellie (gay), Abby( straight), Dina ( Bi), Lev/Lilli ( trans ), Jessie (straight), Tommy (straight). So putting in people with different sexual preferences in a game makes it automatically propaganda? You probably think,if a game has a black main character it is automatically SJW trash too. Am i right?

Max_Po

Banned
Then what's the point letting go your own exclusive? Those that want to stay on the platform - stay, PS is a great platform, but there's no reason not to sell extra copies on PC and I think Sony starting to see that.

How ? by porting Horizon to PC ?

Hobbygaming

How is it proganda? It is a fictional depiction of the reality we live in. There are people out there who are gay, bisexual, trans, straight. In this game we have Ellie (gay), Abby( straight), Dina ( Bi), Lev/Lilli ( trans ), Jessie (straight), Tommy (straight). So putting in people with different sexual preferences in a game makes it automatically propaganda? You probably think,if a game has a black main character it is automatically SJW trash too. Am i right?
How selfish is it to want just one race as the main protagonist in every game

The anti-SJW seem worse than the "agenda" they see in every little thing IMO

HawarMiran

Banned
How selfish is it to want just one race as the main protagonist in every game

The anti-SJW seem worse than the "agenda" they see in every little thing IMO
In the end it is about money. For example the chinese movie market is one of the biggest in the world and gets more important by the day. That is why Hollywood already makes movies that caters to that market . Games will follow. And people who hate diversity have a grim future :messenger_tears_of_joy:

In the end it is about money. For example the chinese movie market is one of the biggest in the world and gets more important by the day. That is why Hollywood already makes movies that caters to that market . Games will follow. And people who hate diversity have a grim future :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Do you know much about the types of cuts and edits films have to make in order to get played in china?

Jtibh

Banned
Well, if we needed any further proof that the haters are truly delusional, we've found ourselves one here.
You know the difference between psplus and psnow?
They dropped control a few months after release what makes you think they couldnt do it with tlou2.
Psnow had a lot of more recent games as of late and ebay is full of copies for 40 and under all the way to 29 so if this game drops in price this fast i can imagine sony will put it on psnow to pull in as many users as they can.

Before you say anything idiotic again why not provide a counter argument.

I also believe most of you didnt even play the game

HawarMiran

Banned
They dropped control a few months after release what makes you think they couldnt do it with tlou2.
Psnow had a lot of more recent games as of late and ebay is full of copies for 40 and under all the way to 29 so if this game drops in price this fast i can imagine sony will put it on psnow to pull in as many users as they can.

stop talking shit. "Ebay is full of copies for 40 and under all the way to 29". Why aren't you telling the truth? Those are auctions people are bidding on. And ebay prices don't effect retail prices. Where is the logic in what you are saying? Sounds pretty idiotic to me.

aerts1js

Ok lets bet.
I say by october for sure.

Flash sale for 30 and under will be around september.

I take a 2 weeks ban if i am wrong.
You take a 2 weeks ban if i am right

Mark this.

Um, this isn't really a crazy bet. New-ish games commonly go on sale down to that price point within that time frame of release. Why don't you move the slash in price to like, next month if you're serious?

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
stop talking shit. "Ebay is full of copies for 40 and under all the way to 29". Why aren't you telling the truth? Those are auctions people are bidding on. And ebay prices don't effect retail prices. Where is the logic in what you are saying? Sounds pretty idiotic to me.
Aha do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Again give me a counter argument why you think it couldnt hit psnow in a few months?

Do you have even psnow to understand what i am talking about????

Jtibh

Banned
Um, this isn't really a crazy bet. New-ish games commonly go on sale down to that price point within that time frame of release. Why don't you move the slash in price to like, next month if you're serious?
What would make it crazy?

Jtibh

Banned
Also have you checked craiglist???
Same thing. Copies all down in the 30's.
Since you wanted the truth this is the truth

LGBT people are not part of his head canon. h

Control is third party and that game bombed.

sendit

Can confirm. After beating TLOU2, I now have an appointment with my doctor to discuss my sex reassignment surgery.

Jtibh

Banned
Those games took more than 3 months to come to PSNOW.

Are you playing dumb on purpose?
You are saying that at the end of the ps4 cycle sony wont drop more heavy hitters to lure in new and upcoming users into a sub?

Ans again i dont think you have psnow to make that judgement as well as can you prove you even played or own the game

HawarMiran

Banned
How are things like removing gay kiss scenes and diminishing the roles of black people for the chinese versions of films going to play out long term as china gets more important by the day, and western democratic markets grow less important?
I said as an example. There are many other markets besides China. I wanted to bring my point across regarding diversity in games. Companies go where the money is.

You are saying that at the end of the ps4 cycle sony wont drop more heavy hitters to lure in new and upcoming users into a sub?

Ans again i dont think you have psnow to make that judgement as well as can you prove you even played or own the game
Having PSNOW or not is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Jtibh

Banned
If I don't have it then I can't make an argument that TLOU2 won't be coming to PSNOW this October?
What?
So you dont have psnow maybe not even a ps4 so you dont know how it works or the games that come out for it every month otherwise you would see that from month to month they put out more recent games then last year and if this pattern continues then yes they could put on tlou2 by october.

Dont just run your mouth smartass , back up your claim with something at least.

Psnow is also competing against gamepass and with the new consoles coming out sony has to up the game as far as that service goes.

But again just like you idiot buddy here , you just want to spread your leftist agenda and not really engage in gaming at all.

Fuck off loser

Top Bottom