• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II sells more than 4 million copies

J3nga

Don't know about that...

3rd consecutive GOTY game, first Director/writer to ever 3-peat. The young Jordan of gaming.....
You're clearly lost my friend, it's his first project where he had carte blanche, in all previous titles Bruce Straley held his sick vision from coming to reality. People are not happy with the plot, characters, bad writing etc. and as I've mentioned it's his first project where he has total control of a creational process and he just falls flat. That's obviously Jordan of video games.
tenor.gif

whats your fucking point, obviously we are talking about TLoU2. People have stated how its "woke", all the crying about has been about that. If thats the criteria, Cyberpunk is going woke and not broke.

Damn, calm down a little won't 'ya.

I take it you were being sarcastic before and mocking people riling against TLOU2 because of progressive elements? I might've missed that tone when reading your earlier post, then. If that's the case, then I agree to an extent the people complaining about that stuff merely being present (as in, simply having a trans character, or a gay character or an ethnic minority character etc.) in TLOU2 but not doing the same with Cyberpunk which has all that stuff as well, are definitely suspect and possibly not being genuine...

...but there's still a difference. That's where the execution comes into play. Even LGBT people are complaining about deadnaming in the game, and that's in addition to other tropes the game plays into that aren't seen as very progressive (another major Western production basically cucking an Asian male) or possibly being done simply to be progressive at the expense of ensuring the story is quality (****'s "situation" at the hands of A***).

So far, Cyberpunk doesn't seem to have any of those problems. It has diversity for sure, but the diversity is fair and portrays all groups as being equally virtuous and criminal. There doesn't appear to be any overt shaming of any given group, or any leaks of narrative decisions done simply to ride on any socio-political trends. Granted there also hasn't been any story leaks for the game, either, but I don't think Cyberpunk is quite a story-driven game like TLOU2 (that's to say, even if the story ends up a tad weak the story probably won't be the main reason many people venture to play the game anyway).

And then with over 30 million copies sold, it ended up being the highest selling RPG of all time.
Your point?

Diablo 3 isn't a game driven almost solely by its story, however. That's the key difference. The vast majority play games like TLOU2 for their story. If that story is bad, the majority of the gameplay loses its crucial context and the player loses their impetus to continue playing because, honestly, almost every single game mechanic in TLOU2 has probably been done at least as good (if not better) in another game. Some even doing multiples of those mechanics in a single offering, better.

People weren't hyped for Diablo 3 due to the story, regardless of how good the story may or may not have been to them. It was for the loot, the game mechanics, the dungeons and the unique game loop that series is known for. TLOU (and the sequel) may have adequate gameplay in most cases...exceptional gameplay in some specific areas. But they are strongly story-driven games so if the story and characters fall flat with the audience, they see no reason to continue.

Not to mention, these type of story-driven games don't tend to have the replay factor of something like a Diablo 3. TLOU2 doesn't even have a multiplayer mode this time; they're spinning that off into its own game.

Last edited:
You're clearly lost my friend, it's his first project where he had carte blanche, in all previous titles Bruce Straley held his sick vision from coming to reality. People are not happy with the plot, characters, bad writing etc. and as I've mentioned it's his first project where he has total control of a creational process and he just falls flat. That's obviously Jordan of video games.
tenor.gif

When you're going "solo" without an all-time great Pippen it's harder. He still pulled it off with Halley.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Dont understand why this is supposed to be a burn for people who did not like the game. I hated the direction of the story, hence wont be playing or buying it. I dont go preaching to people to not buy this game, it just isnt for me. All i know is that I am no longer interested in The Last of Us franchise, and will be approaching all Naughty Dog games with caution.
Indeed, i myself have my share of games that i enjoy and aren't universally loved. Its not an all uncommon scenario, especially when it involves a sequel with questionable decisions regarding what people liked about the previous entries (also happened with mgs2, mgsv, mass effect...).
I suppose it all comes down to console warring. If they can't prove tlou2 is an absolute masterpiece by some sort of universal metric, they can't use it as ammunition in some forum argument to show how their box is better than the other boxes.

Damn, calm down a little won't 'ya.

I take it you were being sarcastic before and mocking people riling against TLOU2 because of progressive elements? I might've missed that tone when reading your earlier post, then. If that's the case, then I agree to an extent the people complaining about that stuff merely being present (as in, simply having a trans character, or a gay character or an ethnic minority character etc.) in TLOU2 but not doing the same with Cyberpunk which has all that stuff as well, are definitely suspect and possibly not being genuine...

...but there's still a difference. That's where the execution comes into play. Even LGBT people are complaining about deadnaming in the game, and that's in addition to other tropes the game plays into that aren't seen as very progressive (another major Western production basically cucking an Asian male) or possibly being done simply to be progressive at the expense of ensuring the story is quality (****'s "situation" at the hands of A***).

So far, Cyberpunk doesn't seem to have any of those problems. It has diversity for sure, but the diversity is fair and portrays all groups as being equally virtuous and criminal. There doesn't appear to be any overt shaming of any given group, or any leaks of narrative decisions done simply to ride on any socio-political trends. Granted there also hasn't been any story leaks for the game, either, but I don't think Cyberpunk is quite a story-driven game like TLOU2 (that's to say, even if the story ends up a tad weak the story probably won't be the main reason many people venture to play the game anyway).
Oh you mean brap putting a microphone on A few people. “Even if the game portrays actions like deadnaming in a negative fashion, should it really be portraying them at all?” I find it hilarious when people that constantly belittle trans people is now concerned? When all know that thread was just for a circle jerk. Theres nothing woke about TLoU2. “This widespread sentiment is apparent through just a simple Twitter search.” Widespread sentiment? Theres a lesbian relationship and a girl that wants to be viewed as a boy. That shit is safe. Try doing a male gay relationship, or a boy wanting to be a girl. TLoU2 is nothing to applaud about. That fact that this is divisive, is laughable. This comes from a straight male who had a homophobic cringe when I saw Ellies haircut and danced with Dina. When something makes you uncomfortable, it doesnt make something woke.

To say that most people play Naughty Dog game’s for the story, or that the games are carried by the story, is laughable. The stories make games age better, yes. But nobody even knew what the story of the first one was. Hell even reading the plot of the first one, it sounds like the most overdone story ever. People buy Naughty Dog games bc of the quantity of production. Mainly its those gameplay demos that impress people.

If anything the gameplay hurts the story. Because then the game wants to give you enough kill rooms and the game is forced to incorporate them in the story. TLoU2‘s gameplay requires you to create it from its move set. Its gameplay is as good or as bad as the player wants it to be. Its a bunch of kill rooms, but how you approach it is all up to you. The amount of people that simply charge at enemies and get shot 3 times is because they approach it like every other game. Where youre a bullet sponge. People that shit on its gameplay simply suck. Probably wouldn’t last every long in TLoU multiplayer. Which completely works bc its gameplay mechanics. I think cant think of any highly regarded game where the gameplay is horrible. I can think of many where the the story is horrible.

Nintendo didn't provide digital number for example Smash Bros opened at 3.6M on NPD while sold 4.5M including digital, animal crossing new horizons had over 55% digital sales while opening at 1.9M physically on NPD.

Seems like easy math then, if TLOU II has over 4 million copies sold-thru then you're talking around the same opening as AC and possibly higher.

thelastword

Banned
Over 4 million 2 days after release at $60.........Maybe 7-10 million or more now at $60 with such a huge opening and momentum. People fail to realize not only will LOU 2 easily eclipse LOU1's last known figure of 17 million from 2018, but if LOU1 is 19-20 million now, LOU 2 will eclipse that figure as well....

Legs are great, but usually legs also come when the title is much cheaper too......LOU2 is pushing millions upon millions of copies at $60.00......The revenue raking should be tremendous. It was Naughty's most ambitious game to date, they hired many and put much effort into it.....It's great to know that all those hardworking folk will get huge bonuses......Instead of being a jealous debbie downer, I've certainly played my part in supporting this awesome dev and supporting this level of creativity and extremely high grade level content.......

Diablo 3 isn't a game driven almost solely by its story, however. That's the key difference. The vast majority play games like TLOU2 for their story. If that story is bad, the majority of the gameplay loses its crucial context and the player loses their impetus to continue playing because, honestly, almost every single game mechanic in TLOU2 has probably been done at least as good (if not better) in another game. Some even doing multiples of those mechanics in a single offering, better.

People weren't hyped for Diablo 3 due to the story, regardless of how good the story may or may not have been to them. It was for the loot, the game mechanics, the dungeons and the unique game loop that series is known for. TLOU (and the sequel) may have adequate gameplay in most cases...exceptional gameplay in some specific areas. But they are strongly story-driven games so if the story and characters fall flat with the audience, they see no reason to continue.

Not to mention, these type of story-driven games don't tend to have the replay factor of something like a Diablo 3. TLOU2 doesn't even have a multiplayer mode this time; they're spinning that off into its own game.

I think you are missing the point. Diablo 3 sold a ton, but was heavily criticized by a vocal minority, yet it still went on to be one of the best selling PC games of all time.

I think you are missing the point. Diablo 3 sold a ton, but was heavily criticized by a vocal minority, yet it still went on to be one of the best selling PC games of all time.

The circumstances are completely different between Diablo 3 and TLOU2, though. The reaction to Diablo 3's issues weren't nearly as divisive as TLOU2's are turning out to be, and that's partly because they weren't as controversial in the first place.

Also again, Diablo 3 has a completely different game design philosophy to TLOU2, one focused on multiplayer (local and/or online) and game mechanics/design favoring replayability. TLOU2 doesn't have any of that, in fact a prevailing idea even with the critics is that the game isn't necessarily "fun" to play. It's not a game you necessarily have fun playing in and of itself like a Super Mario Odyssey, and the story doesn't have an upbeat "hype" feeling to it to warrant multiple playthroughs like some of Sony's other 1st party titles.

So it's stuck in some weird middle ground there, and even moreso than that, watching game playthroughs on Twitch and Youtube was nowhere near as big back when Diablo 3 came out as it is today. Ironically a game like TLOU2 suffers due to today's gaming culture in that respect, and I think all of this is going to have a noticeable impact on the game's lifetime sales.

But that's just my opinion.

The circumstances are completely different between Diablo 3 and TLOU2, though. The reaction to Diablo 3's issues weren't nearly as divisive as TLOU2's are turning out to be, and that's partly because they weren't as controversial in the first place.

Also again, Diablo 3 has a completely different game design philosophy to TLOU2, one focused on multiplayer (local and/or online) and game mechanics/design favoring replayability. TLOU2 doesn't have any of that, in fact a prevailing idea even with the critics is that the game isn't necessarily "fun" to play. It's not a game you necessarily have fun playing in and of itself like a Super Mario Odyssey, and the story doesn't have an upbeat "hype" feeling to it to warrant multiple playthroughs like some of Sony's other 1st party titles.

So it's stuck in some weird middle ground there, and even moreso than that, watching game playthroughs on Twitch and Youtube was nowhere near as big back when Diablo 3 came out as it is today. Ironically a game like TLOU2 suffers due to today's gaming culture in that respect, and I think all of this is going to have a noticeable impact on the game's lifetime sales.

But that's just my opinion.

Ok, it's clear you weren't part of the Diablo 3 community if you think there wasn't any controversy or divisiveness when the game came out. D3 got good critic reviews and players review bombed it.

ZehDon

And then with over 30 million copies sold, it ended up being the highest selling RPG of all time.
Your point?
And it was so well received that the big feature of the expansion was that you never had to play the story again, they abandoned their online store plans, and the sequel is a complete departure from... everything it did, with an out-spoken plan to go back to what people loved.

30 Million copies sold is wonderful - but how many of those are because Diablo II is legitimately one of the greatest games of all time? Sales doesn’t mean shit compared to the long time reception. Take a look around: Naughty Dog lost fans, and professional reviewers lost credibility over this one.

Bioshock Infinite received 10/10s and had terrific initial sales. These days, the company that made it closed after Infinite couldn’t perform long term, due to the non-sustainable approach to its development, its generally considered inferior to the original, and a good amount of those reviewers agreed they scored it too high in hindsight.

My point is simple: Time will tell. Critics don’t determine what a classic is. Audiences do.

Last edited:

turtlepowa

Banned
The PS4 has a much more varied games library. The Switch is a bit like the N64 in its days, it has less games, so whenever anything good releases for the machine it sells bunkers (and it has to be a good march for the console's audience).
I always read here that everbody buys the PS4 just for the exclusive games. And we are talking about a 94 metacritic game, released in a month without serious competition, tons of marketing, internet hype and the highest user base possible.

Valentino

I suppose it all comes down to console warring. If they can't prove tlou2 is an absolute masterpiece by some sort of universal metric, they can't use it as ammunition in some forum argument to show how their box is better than the other boxes.

So should we just not make a thread to announce how much it sold? Incase we irk some people who think we're boasting too much? Because after playing the game.......it makes me want to boast, (phenomenal game) and I hope Neil Druckman is feeling cocky as fuck, because this game was plagued with cunty fucks just trying diminish peoples excitement, MONTHS before playing the game........ and they were proved wrong. There's nothing to prove to be honest. The response of the game speaks for itself. The only people trying to prove something is the ones who keep trying to counteract facts and statistics that come out on this game.
"Oh the game sold millions? Well ND must have paid for a chunk of them omg lets wait till the sales have a dramatic drop! You'll see! You'll all see!" .....................................that's - ...................that's how you all sound :messenger_neutral:

Little begs.

Last edited:

Rikkori

Diablo 3 is really the perfect analogy and it boils down to a difference people don't grasp, and that's sales numbers vs brand value. It's the same people who don't understand why Coke still advertises (hint: it's not for sales), why Diablo 3 sold in stratospheric numbers but is now a dead turkey (hint: it's not about the sales), and why CDPR ended up as Europe's most valuable games company even above Ubisoft who dwarfs them in revenue (hint: again, it's NOT ABOUT THE SALES!).

The real question is - has TLOU2 damaged its IP's brand value? Like the wise ZehDon ZehDon says above, only time can tell.

pLow7

Diablo 3 is really the perfect analogy and it boils down to a difference people don't grasp, and that's sales numbers vs brand value. It's the same people who don't understand why Coke still advertises (hint: it's not for sales), why Diablo 3 sold in stratospheric numbers but is now a dead turkey (hint: it's not about the sales), and why CDPR ended up as Europe's most valuable games company even above Ubisoft who dwarfs them in revenue (hint: again, it's NOT ABOUT THE SALES!).

The real question is - has TLOU2 damaged its IP's brand value? Like the wise ZehDon ZehDon says above, only time can tell.

It's not. Final Fantasy 13 was shit but 15 still sold a fuckton even more than the beloved 12. Counter Stike Source was hated, and Global Offensive still sold a fuckton. FIfa is shit every year and it still sells a shit ton.

Besides all of that. It's apparently a vocal minority that really hate this game. Majority of the people even in this forum ( Look at the OT ) are liking the game. So i'm pretty sure this Review bombing will accomplish nothing. The next TLOU will sell millions as will the next Pokemon game.

All your theatrics, got you where?
EbjkxyrXYAIxusd

Critics. Paid
Sales. Fastest selling Playstation exclusive. The Last Jedi!
100% customer verified reviews. Jedi mind trick.
15b7e4fcd4771f2e46f42956cbf7a6528cbf146a.gifv

You do realize there was some commotion with the reviews on Sony's site since a ton of them were there before the game even released? Wouldn't that strike you as unusual?

Sony kind of has a history of this in some of their other departments like film and music, I'm just saying...

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
The no.1 argument all youtube post-leak drama peddlers are pushing now is that the game sold this well only because Naughty Dog has successfully deceived its fans with false advertising

Guilty_AI

So should we just not make a thread to announce how much it sold? Incase we irk some people who think we're boasting too much? Because after playing the game.......it makes me want to boast, (phenomenal game) and I hope Neil Druckman is feeling cocky as fuck, because this game was plagued with cunty fucks just trying diminish peoples excitement, MONTHS before playing the game........ and they were proved wrong. There's nothing to prove to be honest. The response of the game speaks for itself. The only people trying to prove something is the ones who keep trying to counteract facts and statistics that come out on this game.
"Oh the game sold millions? Well ND must have paid for a chunk of them omg lets wait till the sales have a dramatic drop! You'll see! You'll all see!" .....................................that's - ...................that's how you all sound :messenger_neutral:

Little begs.
Oh you can make a thread, but the way people respond to it that is revealing. Just read your own comment and ask yourself some questions.
Why would you want to boast about it? If you like a game, you like it. There's 0 need to prove how much you enjoyed yourself to others. I fail to even see whats there to boast about.
Also "were proved wrong"? Plenty of people dislike this game. If you wanna know what is annoying, its the ones trying to completely dismiss and invalidate that opinion as <insert buzzword here> because they can't accept their precious toy wasn't universally loved.

Last edited:
I always read here that everbody buys the PS4 just for the exclusive games. And we are talking about a 94 metacritic game, released in a month without serious competition, tons of marketing, internet hype and the highest user base possible.

The average person bought the PS4 to play the new Call of Duty and re-buy Grand Theft Auto V. The average NeoGaf poster buys a console for exclusives because we have PCs, heck probably not even the average Gafer but the point is you're discussing an advanced level of gamer who only needs a PS4 for exclusives.

Valentino

Oh you can make a thread, but the way people respond to it that is revealing. Just read your own comment and ask yourself some questions.
Why would you want to boast about it? If you like a game, you like it. There's 0 need to prove how much you enjoyed yourself to others. I fail to even see whats there to boast about.
Also "were proved wrong"? Plenty of people dislike this game. If you wanna know what is annoying, its the ones trying to completely dismiss and invalidate that opinion as <insert buzzword here> because they can't accept their precious toy wasn't universally loved.

There you go again...... why on EARTH can no one "boast" about this game? My honest opinion: It deserves all the boasting it gets. Everyone knows how much work went in to the game and if it happens to be good, then so be it - let it be boasted about. So you say you don't understand what there is to boast about? Well I can easily say I don't understand why you don't like the game. I don't understand why your in a LoU thread. I don't understand why I can't "boast" about a game I paid for which was shrouded with negativity but in the end has become one of my favourite games.
Do you see? You see how easy it is to just blab "...I don't understand". Your acting like raving about a games success isn't normal and shouldn't be celebrated. It most definitely should be. Especially when it goes against the people trying to tear the game and developers down. So no ones trying to prove how much they like it. People are just laughing at how hard others tried to tear it down, and it just hasn't worked. Simple as. How'd you want people to react? Just with an "Okay cool well done it sold well congrats(y)" ................................................. NNNNNO! 😂
I felt sorry for ND but now that I know they've made dollar and the postives outweigh the negatives in reviews and public reactions - I hope ND are laughing on a pile of money. They deserve it.

J3nga

Damn, that looks like fantastic gameplay if you ask me.
No one says gameplay is bad, it's the narrative. I liked it in the first, I like it here, although infected gameplay isn't that much improved. I find it the same more or less.

Last edited:
I played TLOU2 on hard for my first play through. Now I am almost halfway through with AI on survivor.

Absolutely phenomenal game in all aspects. Also, I have barely encountered any bugs, and those I saw were very minor. Excellent QA. Once the camera briefly fell through the geometry, and on another occasion the animation of one of the main characters lagged terribly. The dithering on the water can look a bit rough.

The art design is just incredible. The story is complex, moving, bold, and uncompromising. It is worthy of its predecessor. What a triumph!

Guilty_AI

There you go again...... why on EARTH can no one "boast" about this game? My honest opinion: It deserves all the boasting it gets. Everyone knows how much work went in to the game and if it happens to be good, then so be it - let it be boasted about. So you say you don't understand what there is to boast about? Well I can easily say I don't understand why you don't like the game. I don't understand why your in a LoU thread. I don't understand why I can't "boast" about a game I paid for which was shrouded with negativity but in the end has become one of my favourite games.
Do you see? You see how easy it is to just blab "...I don't understand". Your acting like raving about a games success isn't normal and shouldn't be celebrated. It most definitely should be. Especially when it goes against the people trying to tear the game and developers down. So no ones trying to prove how much they like it. People are just laughing at how hard others tried to tear it down, and it just hasn't worked. Simple as. How'd you want people to react? Just with an "Okay cool well done it sold well congrats(y)" ................................................. NNNNNO! 😂
I felt sorry for ND but now that I know they've made dollar and the postives outweigh the negatives in reviews and public reactions - I hope ND are laughing on a pile of money. They deserve it.
Because games are for enjoying, not boasting. You only boast about something when it gives you some sort of status, and i don't see how buying some game gives you that. Unless of course you want to use it for console warring, in which case people love making exclusive lists.

And i didn't see any of the people who hate this game saying it wouldn't sell well. We all know quality and sales aren't necessarely correlated, otherwise FIFA and COD games wouldn't make millions each year.

Last edited:

FranXico

No one says gameplay is bad, it's the narrative. I liked it in the first, I like it here, although infected gameplay isn't that much improved. I find it the same more or less.
Oh I agree, I too think that what might disappoint a lot of people is the story. But gameplay looks pretty solid from what I see.

The Last of Us: Part II sales dropped 80% compared to last week. To compare, Uncharted 4 sales dropped 78% in its second week. The first two weeks of sales combined, The Last of Us: Part II is tracking behind Uncharted 4, but less than 1%.

UK sales down 80% compared to previous week. FWIW UC4 sales in UK dropped 78% in its second week. That game went on to sell around 8.7 million (some of those being pack-ins and some being reduced-price sales of course), so if the 2% drop holds TLOU2 could hit 8.526 million LTD, assuming it holds long-term goodwill the way UC4 did...

...which I honestly think it won't. Plus like it's been said and known for a while TLOU2 as-is has no multiplayer mode, they're spinning that off to its own standalone game. Unless they change their minds on that, of course.

FALCON_KICK

I think there is nothing to worry for The Last of Us 2 Fans because based on the pre-orders, it is projected to easily beat The Last of Us Remastered sales and even the sales record for God of war 2018 and possibly Marvel Spider-Man 2018.

God of War Sells Over 3.1 Million Units in 3 Days

Spider-Man sells 3.3 million in three days

Now we have The Last of Us Part 2 selling 4 Million.

Last edited:

Valentino

Because games are for enjoying, not boasting. You only boast about something when it gives you some sort of status, and i don't see how buying some game gives you that. Unless of course you want to use it for console warring, in which case people love making exclusive lists.

And i didn't see any of the people who hate this game saying it wouldn't sell well. We all know quality and sales aren't necessarely correlated, otherwise FIFA and COD games wouldn't make millions each year.

Hmm.......sounds more like bitterness. Sounds like a selection of people weren't getting any new games this year, so couldn't stand seeing people raving about a game they can't play. Or in some cases, don't want to play..........But those same cases are still in every LoU thread giving their opinion and their absolute pure hate for the game. You don't seem to like seeing people boasting about the game, but people who like the game don't like seeing unwarranted, toxic sounding hate for a game that person may or may not have actually played. So you see, we have opposite ends of the spectrum. So don't get miffed off people are happy about it's success, because there's people absolutely LIVID it's doing so well.
Lol people who hate the game have to say it will sell well in their argument! Of course they do! Their comes a point in hating something where you gotta go along with the facts..... but yeah keep on hating, just make sure to include some facts and statistics so you look like you've got a sensible realistic well balanced argument.
Also, find me an example of someone boasting on here so I understand better what you're unhappy about seeing...... because I don't actually think anyone is boasting.......everyone knows the work gone in to the game and are happy with the game so, like myself, feel happy and proud for Naught Dog for delivering. Sorry bout it. And yeah I'm up their ass about it - do something.

Guilty_AI

Hmm.......sounds more like bitterness. Sounds like a selection of people weren't getting any new games this year, so couldn't stand seeing people raving about a game they can't play. Or in some cases, don't want to play..........But those same cases are still in every LoU thread giving their opinion and their absolute pure hate for the game. You don't seem to like seeing people boasting about the game, but people who like the game don't like seeing unwarranted, toxic sounding hate for a game that person may or may not have actually played. So you see, we have opposite ends of the spectrum. So don't get miffed off people are happy about it's success, because there's people absolutely LIVID it's doing so well.
Lol people who hate the game have to say it will sell well in their argument! Of course they do! Their comes a point in hating something where you gotta go along with the facts..... but yeah keep on hating, just make sure to include some facts and statistics so you look like you've got a sensible realistic well balanced argument.
Also, find me an example of someone boasting on here so I understand better what you're unhappy about seeing...... because I don't actually think anyone is boasting.......everyone knows the work gone in to the game and are happy with the game so, like myself, feel happy and proud for Naught Dog for delivering. Sorry bout it. And yeah I'm up their ass about it - do something.
People aren't so much happy about its success as they are "SUCK IT HATERS!" or some other bullshit. Just take a look at the first page of this thread if you're that curious. And you can always read the users review on metacritic if you wish to know what made them unhappy about the game (y'know, the ones being dismissed as bots).

leo-j

UK sales down 80% compared to previous week. FWIW UC4 sales in UK dropped 78% in its second week. That game went on to sell around 8.7 million (some of those being pack-ins and some being reduced-price sales of course), so if the 2% drop holds TLOU2 could hit 8.526 million LTD, assuming it holds long-term goodwill the way UC4 did...

...which I honestly think it won't. Plus like it's been said and known for a while TLOU2 as-is has no multiplayer mode, they're spinning that off to its own standalone game. Unless they change their minds on that, of course.

Uncharted 4 sold 16 million as of two years ago. The game is likely over 17 million right now at the very minimum. Also that UK sales report is physical copies sold not digital.

Last edited:
Top Bottom