• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II is Naughty Dog First Game to Feature Nudity and Sexual Content.

Gamernyc78

Banned
You-are-not-funny-so-shut-up-Not-funny-Meme.jpg

The average age here must dropped a lot since the riot,because goddamn,a lot of childish comments here.

You shouldn't take it so serious, he's obviously joking. Age might have dropped or maybe gone up, so many prudes on here 🤣😂😂😂

Laugh and live a little.

Ballthyrm

It is hard for me to not see that as yet another move toward making games being accepted as serious entertainment for "adults" like movies.

Like they want to be taken seriously so they have to add sex to their characters otherwise they wouldn't be full human being and other such other reasoning i've too often seen online.

Just another battle for video game "journalist" trying to sell games as art in a war that doesn't matter.

As if Mario jumping on goomba is less of a video game than this is.

Banned
It is hard for me to not see that as yet another move toward making games being accepted as serious entertainment for "adults" like movies.

Like they want to be taken seriously so they have to add sex to their characters otherwise they wouldn't be full human being and other such other reasoning i've too often seen online.

Just another battle for video game "journalist" trying to sell games as art in a war that doesn't matter.

exactly... and the whole art crap is so fucking annoying anyway. who the fuck cares what is art and what is not art?
is Bayonetta art? I don't even give half a shit because it's a great game and that's all that matters... is Alien vs Predator (Arcade) art? AGAIN who cares? it's certainly a better VIDEO GAME than many games people showcase as being "ART"

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Well I can understand their being nudity with the older Ellie, is it needed? If you're a casual fan to the series nude Ellie would be interesting.

MiguelItUp

This is one of those things where I'm like, "Is this really news worthy?", haha. But it brings us entertaining threads like this one, so it's worth it.

Doesn't really change how I feel about the game, I'll pick it up at some point, I'm in no rush.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022

Seems like we’re getting something more mature this time out from The Last of Us Part II. In imagery available via the official website for the sequel, you can see that the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) has awarded the upcoming title an M/17+ Rating. In itself, this isn’t major news for the series. This is the exact same rating given to The Last of Us and The Last of Us: Left Behind. Where it differs, however, is the accompanying content descriptors of the rating. Whereas The Last of Us has ‘Sexual Themes,’ Part II is tipped to have both ‘Sexual Content’ and ‘Nudity’.

The gulf between ‘Sexual Themes’ and ‘Sexual Content’ might seem minuscule, but there is a definite difference between the two:
tenor.gif

Airbus Jr

Banned
I dont understand why people are acting surprised to see this game getting an M rated content by ESRB

It is known

Man I wonder whats the cause of this being approved and why japanese games "that are not even risky dont" geez Scarsam
this game is nothing more than an agenda pushing ip so let me get this straight
DMC5,One piece world seeker,Senran kagura, DOA6, and many VN titles like Steins gate and zanki zero get censored when the only problematic thing those games have is the equivalent of the
Beach episode from Bleach.
What a crock of BS the only reason this is getting a pass is because of the sjw leader known as neil and the agenda pushing western side of sony that now runs playstation.

brap

Banned
Man I wonder whats the cause of this being approved and why japanese games "that are not even risky dont" geez Scarsam
this game is nothing more than an agenda pushing ip so let me get this straight
DMC5,One piece world seeker,Senran kagura, DOA6, and many VN titles like Steins gate and zanki zero get censored when the only problematic thing those games have is the equivalent of the
Beach episode from Bleach.
What a crock of BS the only reason this is getting a pass is because of the sjw leader known as neil and the agenda pushing western side of sony that now runs playstation.
Really annoys me that One Piece got censored. It's a childrens franchise in japan. Even fucking Saudi Arabia got the game in tact.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Because Snoy censors everything to do with nudity or sexuality in japanese games but when they have nudity it's ok.

tbh i havent heard anymore news regarding one of those cencorship games youre talking about

If it still hits some anime game i never heard of then i feel sorry for them

As for me i have no issue with this news

Mature rating is something that to be expected from game like this so bring it on

Really annoys me that One Piece got censored. It's a childrens franchise in japan. Even fucking Saudi Arabia got the game in tact.
Pisses me off to no end and that one piece part in world seeker is in film z and the opening filler arc for the new world. This is what making me loose interest in playstation I bought a PS console to play anime games and japanese games like that I didnt buy a playatation to play some dude bro fake woke trash like The last of us

exactly... and the whole art crap is so fucking annoying anyway. who the fuck cares what is art and what is not art?
is Bayonetta art? I don't even give half a shit because it's a great game and that's all that matters... is Alien vs Predator (Arcade) art? AGAIN who cares? it's certainly a better VIDEO GAME than many games people showcase as being "ART"
Esxactly Half of this problem is because the western game industry wants to be apart of hollywood so badly why why should we as gamers care about hollywood this is how you have games that have the deepth of a puddle and the only thing they push is graphics and story two things dont make or break games. If all i cared about was the story in a game I would just watch tv or a movie graphics only have so much staying power but games as a entertainment form is an active one which is why gameplay> anything else

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned

I think people are making alot more noises about this than it should

Im ok with nudity thats the reason we have ESRB

I believe theres far more nudity on the original God of War games than The Last of Us

In Agony (2019) nudity is very prominent

tbh this is such a non issue for me that id rather talk about the the game itself which is said to be more open world and have more exploration than the first game

Last edited:
Clickers will transforms into clitoris?
They already kind of did.

Given how serious the game is and how woke they are you sure can count on them to have made sure that you would not objectivise or male gaze any of the female protagonists.

So they made a fat Elie for those scenes (well, unless you are African, then in the version of the game for that territory she is fit)... So many stereotypes and hurtful things in so few words!

So hold your pants guys.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I believe theres far more nudity on the original God of War games than The Last of Us

tbh this is such a non issue for me that id rather talk about the the game itself which is said to be more open world and have more exploration than the first game

Could not agree more. We are literally at the boiler point of the other end of the IdPol spectrum when it comes to this game. Both sides of the same coin, political horseshoe, etc..

Banned

the issue is not the nudity it's the hypocrisy by Sony and their censorious bullshit in the past.

they demand every japanese game that has nudity of characters that look like they could maybe be underaged to be censored.

now they will release a game with underaged looking characters (if they said Ellie was 16 years old you wouldn't question it) and it's okay because it's not anime... and because they can do it because they own the platform.

that's how this looks like and it's fucking bullshit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom