• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II: First Impressions/Final Previews go up at 9AM EDT on June 1st 2020.

WIll TLOU2 review better than TLOU1?

• Yes

Votes: 82 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 48 27.9%
  • The same

Votes: 42 24.4%

• Total voters

Evilms

Banned
1591713855-1591713381-screenshot-20200609-163502.png

but strangely he deleted his tweet

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'm likely to enjoy this game greatly, but I'm not going to shy away from expressing any negatives I feel towards it. I hope there aren't any and at the same time fear there will be ... Sorry in advance if I say anything that upsets people. :)

Entroyp

Sigh. There are some sad fucks on the internet, that's for sure. I understand not liking a game, but making it your damn mission to go on every Threa/Tweet/Video to proclaim to the world how you hate it, is seriously incredibly sad.

That’s how the world works now. I really hope he had stand up to his opinion and not deleted the tweet.

I’m ready to hate the story because of the spoilers, but I have no doubt the game itself will be nothing short of extraordinary.

Geki-D

Banned
I'm likely to enjoy this game greatly, but I'm not going to shy away from expressing any negatives I feel towards it. I hope there aren't any and at the same time fear there will be ... Sorry in advance if I say anything that upsets people. :)
Nobody really cares when an ideologue's feelings get hurt by views they deem "wrong" :pie_ssmiling:

Sigh. There are some sad fucks on the internet, that's for sure. I understand not liking a game, but making it your damn mission to go on every Threa/Tweet/Video to proclaim to the world how you hate it, is seriously incredibly sad.
He had to delete because the angry virgin haters of this game attacked him for praising it. pathetic. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Pretty much what we've seen here on GAF for the last 2 years. I imagine a lot of journos are gonna get brigaded and harassed over the reviews by the anti-SJWs.

Jbomb19

You just want to enjoy the story, it is understandable.
On the other hand i can't care less about the story so the gameplay and having some challenge is the important thing to me.

I can’t wait to watch people play on survivor/grounded after my playthrough

GymWolf

I mean, i think that if you have to watch people playing, survivor and grounded runs are gonna be pretty boring to watch, no brawls against 4-5 enemies at the same time, no rambo sections, and only stealth and headshot to not waste ammo...

I think hard is the sweet spot for most people.

Last edited:

Jbomb19

I mean, i think that if you have to watch people playing, survivor and grounded are gonna be pretty boring to watch, no brawls against 4-5 enemies and only stealth and headshot to not waste ammo...

I think hard is the sweet spot for most people.

ah, good point. Thanks!

Jbomb19

Well some people enjoy more tense runs with low ammo and stealth heavy, not saying that these can't be good.
They surely have more suspance and skill involved.

problem solved: ill just ignore my responsibilities and general hygiene for a week an watch every play through on every difficulty level. I have a feeling I’ll want to wrap myself up this game for a long time, both as a player and a viewer.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

Are you going to want to watch them though? I usually do that immediately on finishing a game but TLOU2 isn't as linear as TLOU and we know upgrades can't be completed in one playthrough and sections can be completely overlooked. That means, when you're watching someone else play the game immediately after you've finished it, you're likely to get spoilers.

GymWolf

problem solved: ill just ignore my responsibilities and general hygiene for a week an watch every play through on every difficulty level. I have a feeling I’ll want to wrap myself up this game for a long time, both as a player and a viewer.
Or you can just buy this thing and being wrapped up in the game without giving your wife an excuse to kick you out of the house...

Jbomb19

Are you going to want to watch them though? I usually do that immediately on finishing a game but TLOU2 isn't as linear as TLOU and we know upgrades can't be completed in one playthrough and sections can be completely overlooked. That means, when you're watching someone else play the game immediately after you've finished it, you're likely to get spoilers.

that’s true, good point. After I play it, my husband will play it, probably on hard. And then ill probably play it again on new game+ (that’s in this game, right?) and hopefully by then Ill have seen most things. I’m okay with slight spoilers as long as I’ve already had my own experience.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
that’s true, good point. After I play it, my husband will play it, probably on hard. And then ill probably play it again on new game+ (that’s in this game, right?) and hopefully by then Ill have seen most things. I’m okay with slight spoilers as long as I’ve already had my own experience.

NG+ hasn't been mentioned but they have said you can't fully upgrade in one play through so I'm expecting NG+ is there.

THEAP99

Banned
All these options are going to add a lot of replay ability. One thing I’ve even noticed is that many people with copies are doing two play throughs

Which tells me the game is paced well thankfully

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

25-30 hours long?

The first comments put it at around 35 hours. I'm betting it's entirely on how you play. If you're a stealth player, it's going to take MUCH longer. If you're someone who wants to explore thoroughly and find all the hidden story related side content, it's going to take even longer. This is likely the time it takes the average gamer who doesn't stealth much and doesn't explore thoroughly. My first playthrough of TLOU took 23 hours. My second playthrough took 17 hours. My last playthrough took 13 hours. This game is going to take me 40 hours EASILY!

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's comments like this that ruin any possibility of rational and good spirited debate between those of us who have different opinion. It removes your credibility and lowers standards for discourse. Please stop.
As much as they complain about this game having so called "agenda" they themselves have "agenda" to shit on this game in every thread, so there is no way you can have any proper debate/discussion with them.

GymWolf

i love this shit.

i'm probably gonna go with max difficulty for damage that i take, enemies and stealth with a little bit more resources than normal survivor mode because i want to use some weapons without feeling guilty for every bullet that i waste and maybe retarded allies because i don't want any help during combat.

this personalized difficulty has to happen in every fucking game from now on.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned

I finished The Last of Us 2 and I cried at the end because of a touching scene yes here I am a sensitive being you know sometimes the clown is sad
(The game is incredible, we will do it live Wankil when the embargo is lifted)

Jbomb19

i love this shit.

i'm probably gonna go with max difficulty for damage that i take, enemies and stealth with a little bit more resources than normal survivor mode because i want to use some weapons without feeling guilty for every bullet that i waste and maybe retarded allies because i don't want any help during combat.

this personalized difficulty has to happen in every fucking game from now on.

I hope Other games follow, too. “scent” in the stealth section probably pertains to the dogs ability to track you so I’m just gonna move that one alllll the way down to super light. Hopefully means I have less of a chance of having to kill a dog because i suck at stealth

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

I finished The Last of Us 2 and I cried at the end because of a touching scene yes here I am a sensitive being you know sometimes the clown is sad
(The game is incredible, we will do it live Wankil when the embargo is lifted)

For a moment there, I thought it said 'We will do it live wanking'. lol

THEAP99

Banned
Those accessibility options were actually kind of intimidating to read lol. Feel like I'm about to spend on hour in the options before even starting the game.
I think I’m gonna have everything on survivor except for resources. If the game gives me too many resources then I’ll turn it up.

I will also remap listen mode to a button I know I won’t press

Top Bottom