• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II: First Impressions/Final Previews go up at 9AM EDT on June 1st 2020.

WIll TLOU2 review better than TLOU1?

• Yes

Votes: 82 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 48 27.9%
  • The same

Votes: 42 24.4%

• Total voters

Hostile_18

Banned
The TLOU haters are walking away mad right now

DLnSswp.gif

If I wanted to walk away I'd just watch a video on YouTube of people doing it. Why bother walking away myself 😉

TLOU won over GTA 5
GOW won over RDR 2
TLOU 2 will win over Cyberpunk.

Just how it goes man. Sony 1st party, specifically ND and SM, are next level when they're firing on all cylinders.

The Witcher 3 won over Bloodborne (not 1st party but still Sony exclusive to this day). So what? Let's wait and see. I know I will play both. TLOU2 on PS4 Pro and Cyberpunk on PC with 2080Ti. All I know is that Game Awards this year will be interesting.

REE Machine

Banned
The Witcher 3 won over Bloodborne (not 1st party but still Sony exclusive to this day). So what? Let's wait and see. I know I will play both. TLOU2 on PS4 Pro and Cyberpunk on PC with 2080Ti. All I know is that Game Awards this year will be interesting.
In retrospec Bloodborne was a big game for playstation at that time, but when compared today it was actually very small. So im not surprised witcher 3 won

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I had feeling you were not safe at the work bench. I noticed this part during the trailer last month.

I had a feeling you were not safe at the work bench. I noticed this during the trailer last month.

Yeah, it makes sense, and adds to the gameplay, if in some areas you have to make sure you've taken the enemies out before you use the work bench. I like that.

THEAP99

Banned

I seriously but can't help to feel nervous that Part II is next. I know reviewers have it and everything, but I just can't help the feeling.
Hopefully things are calmed down and the US government starts to work towards police reform.

yeeeeeezy

Banned
If you listen to greg miller's impressions, he essentially gives his impressions of the entire game without specifics. He's completely gushing over it. Game's gonna be special!

MayauMiao

If you listen to greg miller's impressions, he essentially gives his impressions of the entire game without specifics. He's completely gushing over it. Game's gonna be special!

That doesn't say mush, he also gushed Gone Home, a game I regret ever pay for even at a discount.

REE Machine

Banned

I seriously but can't help to feel nervous that Part II is next. I know reviewers have it and everything, but I just can't help the feeling.
Hopefully things are calmed down and the US government starts to work towards police reform.

If it gets delayed again im going to riot.....oh shit...wait a minute...

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

I'm a bit nervous too, but I think they're going to get things back in order within a week. If a lot of people start retaliating, then I can it getting another delay.

Spaceman292

Banned
If you're a hater deep in the trenches, for whatever motivation (political, console war etc)... stop torturing yourself and get past bargaining. Fast track to the acceptance stage. Simply do what's rational and get the game on a PS4. We don't care if you do it in silence, we don't care if you continue to hate online while having the game at home... just don't be stupid to deprive yourself in this hobby.
I'm excited for the game but this post made me cringe so hard.

THEAP99

Banned
“But what's more valuable to take away from the preview is the moments along the way. The Last of Us 2 isn't a hardcore survival game, although it echoes the genre's spirit wholeheartedly. It's more a journey of survival, a slow, methodical adventure through Seattle and the past lives and homes of everyone who lived there.

I won't tell you what happens at the end of the cut-scene; it's still under embargo, in any case. What's more important is whether the trip, which is around 9 to 10 hours -- and probably more if you take your time -- was worth the effort.

Truly, it is. The Last of Us 2 is a treat, and I only wish I could tell you more.”

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I don't trust the game to be reviewed properly. They will be either too scared to anger or be trying to score points with the Reee mob.

I might watch it on YouTube or wait to pick it up for <£10 second hand on PS5 so I can sell it and get like 50p back. Naughty Dog ain't getting a penny from me.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I don't trust the game to be reviewed properly. They will be either too scared to anger or be trying to score points with the Reee mob.
It's gonna be exactly like rdr2.

People who are on the edge better looking some gameplay videos than listening to reviewers.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

I might watch it on YouTube or wait to pick it up for <£10 second hand on PS5 so I can sell it and get like 50p back. Naughty Dog ain't getting a penny from me.

They're likely review it well because it's a good game .

turtlepowa

Banned
I think you are right. I guess 1-2 little/unknow reviewers will give it a 6/10 or something for attention whoring, but i highly doubt that any bigger reviewer dares to criticize Druckmann's "visions". SJW and LGBT groups would eat them for breakfast. My bet is 92/100.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I think you are right. I guess 1-2 little/unknow reviewers will give it a 6/10 or something for attention whoring, but i highly doubt that any bigger reviewer dares to criticize Druckmann's "visions". SJW and LGBT groups would eat them for breakfast. My bet is 92/100.
I think more 95-97...
The previews looks exactly like the previews of rdr2.

DonJorginho

Banned
I won't tell you what happens at the end of the cut-scene; it's still under embargo, in any case. What's more important is whether the trip, which is around 9 to 10 hours -- and probably more if you take your time -- was worth the effort.
Wait the game is 10 hours long? 😳 Or is he talking about that section?

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
“But what's more valuable to take away from the preview is the moments along the way. The Last of Us 2 isn't a hardcore survival game, although it echoes the genre's spirit wholeheartedly. It's more a journey of survival, a slow, methodical adventure through Seattle and the past lives and homes of everyone who lived there.

Truly, it is. The Last of Us 2 is a treat, and I only wish I could tell you more.”

9-10 hours?

That’s extremely dissapointing. People were saying it was a 35/40 hours game.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
This is a big change in my opinion:

'The infected made a beeline for Ellie's freckled face, straight through the trap, and straight to the floor. But having legs is not a requirement for The Last of Us 2's infected. Crawling works just fine.'

Why hasn't anyone mentioned that before?

Top Bottom