• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II: First Impressions/Final Previews go up at 9AM EDT on June 1st 2020.

WIll TLOU2 review better than TLOU1?

• Yes

Votes: 82 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 48 27.9%
  • The same

Votes: 42 24.4%

• Total voters

THEAP99

Banned
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Woggleman

This will be the moment of truth. These are people who played the entire game and can give an accurate opinion. Of course everybody has their own taste in games but if it gets bad reviews at least it will be coming from a place of knowledge.

THEAP99

Banned
This will be the moment of truth. These are people who played the entire game and can give an accurate opinion. Of course everybody has their own taste in games but if it gets bad reviews at least it will be coming from a place of knowledge.
I'd be so surprised if they'd allow impressions and an early embargo if they knew it wasn't gonna be praised by critics lol

Reactions: HTK

Rolla

Banned
Quick question. Jim Ryan said that like for like, TLOU2 pre orders out pace Spider-Man in Europe. If these previews push hype into the stratosphere, where do you expect launch numbers to land?

I'm thinking 4 million in 3 days...

THEAP99

Banned
Quick question. Jim Ryan said that like for like, TLOU2 pre orders out pace Spider-Man in Europe. If these previews push hype into the stratosphere, where do you expect launch numbers to land?

93+ meta, the riots hopefully calming down, 4 million can happen

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

I'm going with 3.5 million.

Either way, I just want to see a huge success with 92+ on MC just to see how salty the go woke go broke crowd is going to react.

Aidah

Personally, I don't think the opinion of a random 100 or so people on the internet has ever played a significant role in my purchasing decisions. If I'm not sure about a game, all I need is extended gameplay with no commentary, objective facts, and the history of the people making it.

Last edited:

Aidah

I'm going with 3.5 million.

Either way, I just want to see a huge success with 92+ on MC just to see how salty the go woke go broke crowd is going to react.
I think high sales and a metacritic score is more or less guaranteed. Besides, the "wokeness" factor would generally only help the game achieve a higher score, considering that games' media has a very high concentration of the "woke" crowd.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I think high sales and a metacritic score is more or less guaranteed. Besides, the "wokeness" factor would generally only help the game achieve a higher score, considering that games' media has a very high concentration of the "woke" crowd.
The game is going to receive a good score because its a good game, not because it's woke.

If your belief is right, then Uncharted: Lost Legacy would've scored higher than Uncharted 4.

Aidah

The game is going to receive a good score because its a good game, not because it's woke.

If your belief is right, then Uncharted: Lost Legacy would've scored higher than Uncharted 4.

Well, Uncharted 4 has a good amount of "woke" too. But anyway, I said the "wokeness" would only help it achieve an even higher score, not be the reason it gets a high score.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Well, Uncharted 4 has a good amount of "woke" too. But anyway, I said the "wokeness" would only help it achieve an even higher score, not be the reason it gets a high score.
Right, uncharted 4's score received some extra points for Nadine being a strong woman.

This narrative is tiring.

But hey, lets ignore the fact that this game has people killing dogs and it's really violent which should send the "woke" crowd in a huge rage.

THEAP99

Banned
I don't think I will be awake for the impressions at 9am.. I will update the main post when i get a chance throughout the day. This should be spoiler-free impressions I suppose?

Last edited:

Aidah

Right, uncharted 4's score received some extra points for Nadine being a strong woman.

But hey, lets ignore the fact that this game has people killing dogs and it's really violent which should send the "woke" crowd in a huge rage.
I think it's generally true considering who a lot of the reviewers are, whether it's tiring or not.

But anyway, I don't want to derail the thread any longer, so let's agree to disagree.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I don't think I will be awake for the impressions at 9am.. I will update the main post when i get a chance throughout the day. This should be spoiler-free impressions I suppose?

That is out of order, fella. You've started this thread and MUST update the OP regularly. Drink coffee!

turtlepowa

Banned

I think 4 million in a few days and 9-12 million this year depending on how fast the price drops and what the PS5 launch games are. Metacritic at least 90+, no matter what Druckmann did.

Last edited:

The first new gameplay shown in those 8 minutes you had Ellie stabbing an Asian American Women in the neck. - Suprised the narrative that this is an SJW game.

jonnyp

What? I mean Corvid-9, the virus!?
It hasn't stopped FF7R sales, maybe even helped it.

What do you think, will it surpass the sales?

There are riots in American cities and protests even outside of the US, dude. It has nothing to do with the COVID-19 virus. Read a newspaper.

Top Bottom