• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I - PS5 - Coming September 2 (PC version in development)

SLB1904

Banned
What the fuck is that on the right?

pepe.gif
the best animated character in any video game ever and probably will stay that way until their next game

Swift_Star

Banned

The character on the left looks about 30 years old and the character on the right atleast 55 years old.

The color palette has been toned way down on the right image. I think that emphasizes the worn down / old effect on the character model. Edit: The toning down of the colour red makes the skin look older, less vibrant.

Also if you freeze the frame on the side profile, you can see the shape of their faces is very different. Especially the shape of the nose and the way the lips rest on her face make her seem a lot older.

Do you know what a 55 year old look like?
People are overreacting again lol.

Last edited:

EDMIX

The case can be made for $70 price tag, primarily due to remaking with different engine. I just haven't seen why exactly its PS5 only, which is what I was excited for this title in the first place.

But...

these words from the ND developer give me hope!!!

It seems like PS5 only is to not hold the team back, to allow them to learn what they can do with the PS5 and likely other features in the background like streaming data, no loading scenes etc. So for all we know, its not about what you "see", its about how it plays and the features only found on PS5. Its not to say they couldn't get another team and have a PS4 version that has none of those features, but to say they want all their effort to be focused on the PS5 and what they can do with it.

I'm not a developer so I must concede to what they know about development. It might look like The Last Of Us 2, but how it was made might be only able to be pulled off on PS5 thus far in terms of 1.1, 100% of what this title is in terms of features.

The case can be made for $70 price tag, primarily due to remaking with different engine. I just haven't seen why exactly its PS5 only, which is what I was excited for this title in the first place.

But...

I'll happily pay $70 to play this since I've not even done a playthrough on the original. They deserve my $70 for what they pulled off here in the remaster and this will go for any game on any other platform.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

But...

BS tweets are bs. The game is using the PS4 engine with the PS4 character models, foliage and other assets. they arent going to magically improve the graphics in 2 months. Besides, if they had something impressive to show, they would've shown it already.

EDMIX

BS tweets are bs. The game is using the PS4 engine with the PS4 character models, foliage and other assets. they arent going to magically improve the graphics in 2 months. Besides, if they had something impressive to show, they would've shown it already.

I disagree.

1. You saw 1 trailer, they can show a boat load of things as this was JUST announced man.

2. Thats like saying Red Dead 2 isn't worth full price as um "its using da PS3/360 engine on Rage", completely disregarding HOW its being used and on new hardware. So using the same engine, doesn't mean the same results.

3. Them not showing you all of it RIGHT NOW, doesn't mean they don't have more impressive information to give or features to show.

They can show no loading, they can show updated areas accessed by breaking windows using TLOU2 engine, they can show updated AI making it more like the trailer of the original game etc. They don't need to show that now, they didn't need to have um "shown it already" as you are asking for 100% all features stated at reveal or not being in the game as they um "would've shown it already" lol. That isn't some must state now or forever hold you piece type thing, its silly to even fucking say that as if some requirement for a feature existing is them telling you at reveal.

Look at all the new info we go on Starfield. Imagine at its first fucking trailer saying some shit like "if they had something impressive to show, they would've shown it already". They had LOTS of impressive things, they simply choose to show you later on and drip out the info at another time.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

So will we get gameplay at a specific state of play or something,would be good to shut up the people saying its the same game.

Last edited:
Some serious micro-soft-cheese-dick energy going on in this thread over "muh video game character isn't attractive anymore!" especially over Ellie, like WTF?! SHE'S A LITTLE GIRL, YOU CREEPY DWEEB FUCKS!
Yeah it's weird that people don't want 14 year old Ellie to look like an 8 year old child tbh.
huh? This makes no sense considering we didn't see any gameplay yet. That's where the main differences will be.
They are probably keeping that for a later date instead of giving us everything for that Geoff show. And it worked...this remake was the most talked about moment on that show, lmao.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Remaster 2.0 then resident evil 1 and 2 are remakes they expanded change things not found in the original game when you play this last of us game it’s gonna go exactly the same as before
The gameplay has been updated with new animations, controls, more exploration and they also added the explosive arrows from TLOU Part II

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I hate the Joel haircut in the first two flashbacks in TLOU2. Thats not how I remember him looking in TLOU. But I love his character model in current day TLOU2. He looks a bit domesticated but still very good looking and badass.

Good.

The-Last-of-Us-Joel-Miller-Leather-Jacket-2.jpg

Bad:

frank-tzeng-joel-t1-swmi-bust-1-all.jpg

They are using the bad character model for the remake.

the-last-of-us-remake-coming-to-ps4.jpg

What I miss the most is the fake character model they created for the state of play reveal.

3db5dd478956bd7c33aa565bf8246c23.gif

vs this emo bastard below. A generational difference.

the-last-of-us-joel.gif
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I hate the Joel haircut in the first two flashbacks in TLOU2. Thats not how I remember him looking in TLOU. But I love his character model in current day TLOU2. He looks a bit domesticated but still very good looking and badass.

Good.

The-Last-of-Us-Joel-Miller-Leather-Jacket-2.jpg

Bad:

frank-tzeng-joel-t1-swmi-bust-1-all.jpg

They are using the bad character model for the remake.

the-last-of-us-remake-coming-to-ps4.jpg

What I miss the most is the fake character model they created for the state of play reveal.

3db5dd478956bd7c33aa565bf8246c23.gif

vs this emo bastard below. A generational difference.

the-last-of-us-joel.gif
Season 9 Wine GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

kyliethicc

The gameplay has been updated with new animations, controls, more exploration and they also added the explosive arrows from TLOU Part II
They added explosive arrows as a gameplay modifier in the extras menu. Not as a craftable item.

So it’s gonna be an unlockable extra, like unlimited ammo, 1 shot kills, etc.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah it's weird that people don't want 14 year old Ellie to look like an 8 year old child tbh.

huh? This makes no sense considering we didn't see any gameplay yet. That's where the main differences will be.
They are probably keeping that for a later date instead of giving us everything for that Geoff show. And it worked...this remake was the most talked about moment on that show, lmao.
When has gameplay ever looked better than cutscenes?

Top Bottom