• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I PC Features Trailer- Ultra-Wide Support, Left Behind, and More

Gaiff

You'll see me more in PS5 threads because.... I only play on PS5. It's my platform of choice. Does that mean I am disbarred from discussing tech and platform comparisons?
No, this means your takes are biased and this has nothing to do with the PS5 being your platform of choice. This is the way you choose to present yourself.
Me discussing my favorite game of all time (a PS5 game) and how PC is the best place to play to enjoy superior visuals:
Oh, we doing this now?

You mocking Xbox gamers.
Sincerely feel for Xbox gamers. Still waiting for X to give it to them.

pmUcUmL.jpg
This is in the Starfield thread responding to someone to tell you to wait:
I don't play on Xbox, so I'm not familiar with this word.
When you were told to wait for another analysis of Miles Morales because god knows NxGamer's PC reviews are sometimes questionable, with his results often not lining up with mainstream outlets:

Lol, no need to wait. The PS5 already outclasses the 3070 at w/max texture settings in this game.
But you were content because the PS5 was now supposedly faster than a 3070 (but got stomped out by a 2080 Ti which is usually on par with the 3070. I can't possibly know why...)
My comments on Starfield and other titles not available on my preferred platform:
Changes absolutely nothing and is equivalent to the "but I have black friends" defense. The point is, you're consistently downplaying or taking jabs at the Xbox somehow some way. In every comparison thread, you champion the PS5 and shit on the Xbox (subtlety or not so much). In PC comparison threads, you never come from an honest place and always seek to paint the PS5 as this uber machine that "punches above its weight class" all the while ignoring or outright fabricating evidence such as the 3080's 10GB of VRAM being a bottleneck in Spider-Man when you were shown metrics and benchmarks that blatantly proved you wrong. Your takes aren't nuanced, objective, or measured. They're always 100% biased for the PS5 and that's what a console warrior is. You're content so long as we sing its praise and the moment someone dares to question it, you barge in to defend it.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I only play on PS5. It's my platform of choice. Does that mean I am disbarred from discussing tech and platform comparisons?
so get the fuck out of PC threads discussing something that's clearly not pertaining to your platform of choice. NeoGAF has 929,328 threads & counting, you decided to be an ass in this one specifically.
shut-the-fuck-up-filthy-frank.gif

Also, YES. people like you SHOULD be disbarred from tech and platform comparisons. you only own one platform, you only play on that platform, you have no authority to try and even make comparisons when you don't have the equipment, know how, or analysis. You only come in threads like this for one reason- to troll.
There are users here who play on all platforms and have the systems necessary to make an analysis on the game and platform differences, and there are also youtube channels who can do that even better than us. They're far more qualified to talk about platform differences than you are good sir, especially since they likely have 0 bias. You wanna shit talk the PC and Xbox? Buy one before you bash it

Last edited:

Gaiff

so get the fuck out of PC threads discussing something that's clearly not pertaining to your platform of choice. NeoGAF has 929,328 threads & counting, you decided to be an ass in this one specifically.
It'll be 4-5 pages of him if the PS5 performs like a 3070. If it performs like a 2070 though, he'll mysteriously disappear. Nothing to do with system warring though.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
No, this means your takes are biased and this has nothing to do with the PS5 being your platform of choice. This is the way you choose to present yourself.

Changes absolutely nothing and is equivalent to the "but I have black friends" defense. The point is, you're consistently downplaying or taking jabs at the Xbox somehow some way. In every comparison thread, you champion the PS5 and shit on the Xbox (subtlety or not so much).

In other words you completely disregard the positive things I say about Xbox/PC and focus only on the instances where I make jokes at said platforms' expense. Remind me, who is biased here again???

so get the fuck out of PC threads discussing something that's clearly not pertaining to your platform of choice.

Lol, no.

yamaci17

PS5 uses its bandwidth all for VRAM?
a 3700x is easily fed by 50-60 gb/s bandwidth on desktop

im pretty sure with console apis reducing cpu overheads, drawcalls and other certain things massively, and also offloading certain side tasks to specific hardware, I'm pretty sure both ps4 and ps5 utilizes very small amounts of bandwidth from the total pool. proof: series s. that thing runs hog legacy at 900p/60. cpu bandwidth consoles use has to be super small otherwise the performance they're getting would be quite impossible.

so worst case scenario is 60 gb/s. that gives gpu a whopping 386 gb/s uninterrupted bandwidth. similar to what 6700xt has. problem is, both 6700xt and ps5 is actually still bandwidth starved. this is why 6700xt is being supplanted by Infinity cache. it can outperfom ps5 by %20-30 in 1080p/1440p but at 4K they seem to e pretty close

also i was referring to 6600xt rather than 6700x. ps5 is often likened to that POS GPU that falters at 4K, so I m really tired of refuting people who keeps likening ps5's performance to 6600xt

think of it like this, 6700xt and ps5 has similar bandwidth, but 6700xt has more compute. it is always possible that both ps and 6700xt could be bandwidth starved, but 6700xt more so.

this is why a gtx 1080, despite being exactly 2x faster than a 1060 in compute is only %60-70 faster than the 1060. it is often bandwidth starved, more than the 1060, to a point %30 of its compute goes to waste COMPARED to the 1060.

this is the most perfect example I can give and I'm sure it should get the message across.

if we did not have real world performance data that proves gtx 1080 is only %60-70 faster than gtx 1060 IN AVERAGE (not always, sometimes %50, sometimes %80. depends on how BANDWIDTH starved card gets in specific games), you would simply think or say "1080 is 2x faster than 1060 bcoz it has like 2x TFLOPS".

at average, 1080 is only %60 faster than 1060.

4.3 tflops vs. 8.7 tflops

do you know what is worse? gtx 1080 has %66 more bandwidth. now imagine if gtx 1080 actually had 1060-levels of bandwith. performance difference betweem would be even SMALLER. and this is practically the sitıuation of 6700xt and PS5.

this is why 6700xt having %30 more tflops over PS5 or 6600xt having equivalent tflops is pretty much meaningless in most cases.

Last edited:

Gaiff

In other words you completely disregard the positive things I say about Xbox/PC and focus only on the instances where I make jokes at said platforms' expense. Remind me, who is biased here again???
No, you're the equivalent of the racist claiming "I have black friends". Now you resort to "it was just a prank bro". You never come in these threads to provide insight or ground for discussion. You 100% come to prove how superior the PS5 is. You're not interested in the whys and hows, so long as the PS5 is held in high regard, you're content but the moment someone dares compare it to a 6600 XT or something like that, you'll rant for pages and pages. As mentioned before, you don't even own a gaming PC (and it doesn't sound like you plan on getting one) and before the game is even out on PC, you're already touting how much greater the PS5 runs compared to an equivalent PC. Again, this isn't someone interested in the underlying technologies or hardware, this is someone who wars.

When I see you actually come into PC comparisons threads and provide valuable information or insightful takes, I'll stop thinking you're a warrior but the only thing you're interested is is how much better the PS5 is better than PC and Xbox so that ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:

Gaiff

then enjoy the offshoot forums a couple months from now when you inevitably get banned for being a warrior. ;)
Surprised it hasn't happened already.

Anyway, I'll ignore this troll in this thread.

I have no idea why Sony is again contracting Iron Galaxy for this port. The guys of Jetpack Interactive who did the GOW port should get another short. It was arguably the 2nd best port behind Days Gine.

Gaiff

Iron Galaxy also ported Legacy of Thieves which honestly isn't bad but isn't amazing either. It's a solid port job, chiefly because it launched without the dreaded shader compilation stutters but it could sure as hell run better. I'm hoping they'll have learned from the Uncharted port and can squeeze more performance out of PCs for this one. TLOU Part I uses an updated engine from UC4, correct?

drotahorror

I'm hoping they'll have learned from the Uncharted port and can squeeze more performance out of PCs for this one. TLOU Part I uses an updated engine from UC4, correct?
Iron Galaxy has never learned from any of their previous ports. Why would they get a clue now?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Fortnite is about 19-20GB maxed out since the UE5 update

Hogwarts is <21GB

Flight Sim is as much as 24GB in some situations
Bullshit.
Ive got all those games, none of them go over 12GB of actually used RAM, use process not committed RAM.

Top Bottom