• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I |OT| You know Ellie, we really are worth 70 dollars

Let's just say I don't agree with your assessment that a "stable" frame rate is somehow better than a low one.

It's not like I have not been playing video games for decades at this point, so the last thing I need is someone to come and tell me that I am somehow wrong to prefer things a certain way.

I don't care how much you think your argument about equal frame times, etc. I find 30fps is too low, so I'll take 37 to 45 ish over locked 30 thanks but no thanks.
I think the point is a stable 40 is going to be far better than an unlocked 40-60 since that's gonna feel bad unless you have a VRR TV. 40 still gives you a feeling of responsiveness and while not as responsive as an unlocked fps at least it'll feel stable

Salz01

So Naughty Dog just screwed over people who have 120 hz TVs but who don't have VRR like the LG C8 ...where prior to this patch everyone could get Fidelity Mode at 40 fps, now those people can only get fidelity mode at 30 fps or uncapped (which is going to be less stable than 40 fps cap). If you have 120hz/vrr you're unable to get 40 fps now too, right? Isn't this a downgrade all around, since VRR didn't work great in this game on ps5 to begin with?

Why not leave the 40 fps option the way it was but also add the ability for anyone to play uncapped?

WtF is going on at Naughty Dog lately? I was coming around on the idea of getting this when I realized there would be a nice improvement to the visuals of LoU2 in that 4k/40 fps mode. What a bummer.
If this is true, it bums me out. Not,sure why they cant fix and reimplement 40hz.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Was this posted already?

There's some reeeally cool stuff.

Number 12 is just
bow.gif

This game is a full blown masterpiece.

SCB3

I cannot believe that some of the bugs from the Original made it in, like Triggering Elleis Joke Book convo in the Suburbs and the Hotel, the Suburbs one will just not work and I've seen posts from 10 years ago on how to do it!

SCB3

I cannot believe that some of the bugs from the Original made it in, like Triggering Elleis Joke Book convo in the Suburbs and the Hotel, the Suburbs one will just not work and I've seen posts from 10 years ago on how to do it!
Alright I managed to finally get this by loading a reloading and reloading til it finally proc'ed

Anyway all collectables in Part 1, now for Left Behind, I never played this on Release as my PS3 had died and don't remember it at all from Remastered, so Grounded here we go!

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Alright I managed to finally get this by loading a reloading and reloading til it finally proc'ed

Anyway all collectables in Part 1, now for Left Behind, I never played this on Release as my PS3 had died and don't remember it at all from Remastered, so Grounded here we go!
Enjoy, it’s great

FeastYoEyes

I've hit the basement in the University with the bloater and clickers and the damn door won't open. Anyone else run into this?

SCB3

And Platinumed! A very enjoyable one, I forgot how short and easy Left Behind was but yea 1 runthrough of that was all I needed for it

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Ah I thought it was just blocked by the vending machine. 🤦‍♂️
Wait…the basement bloater and university bloater are different sections. You don’t need a key car to get the door open with the vending machine, it just takes forever. I threw down some mines and Molotovs to buy time at the university. In the basement you can just make a run for it once the generator fires up

Last edited:

J3nga

Wait…the basement bloater and university bloater are different sections. You don’t need a key car to get the door open with the vending machine, it just takes forever. I threw down some mines and Molotovs to buy time at the university. In the basement you can just make a run for it once the generator fires up
You don't need to throw any molotovs or bombs or fight infected somehow else, just sneak past them and Joel will open the door right before the bloater reaches him.

Fired Part II after Part I and there's noticeable difference in graphical quality. Everything looks blurrier, they could add 4K 40hz mode.

Last edited:

EDMIX

My PS3 version looks exactly like this bro /s

That last screen is fucking insane!

Imagine someone deadass pretending that isn't what a remake actually is.

be like "not a remake and not built from the groundz up, just in a new engine, new physics, new AI, new textures , new animations, moving and shooting have been completely overhauled, new mo cap, 3D audio, haptic feedback, new weapons table feature, destroyable environments, new real time lighting and shadow system, new character models, real time seamless cutscenes instead of CGI, ......but thats it, you know the standard thing you get in PORTS, but not a REMAKEZ" lol

be like "not a remake and not built from the groundz up, just in a new engine, new physics, new AI, new textures , new animations, moving and shooting have been completely overhauled, new mo cap, 3D audio, haptic feedback, new weapons table feature, destroyable environments, new real time lighting and shadow system, new character models, real time seamless cutscenes instead of CGI, ......but thats it, you know the standard thing you get in PORTS, but not a REMAKEZ" lol

I've seen some call it a remaster but it's definitely more than that.

kyliethicc

I hope we get that level of detail in Factions.
Doubt it. Based on the concept art they released as a teaser, it seems like it will be in a fairly large urban map with a lot of players & NPCs, with some dynamic weather effects too. Maybe open world. I’m sure it’ll look great, but this remake benefitted visually cuz the levels were originally built around the PS3 and thus fairly small.

FeastYoEyes

Realized this yesterday. I am still there. When I hit circle on the door, it just slams shut immediately. I've tried accessibility options, different buttons, reloading an earlier checkpoint and the door doesn't open.

Going to restart the chapter this weekend I guess

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Realized this yesterday. I am still there. When I hit circle on the door, it just slams shut immediately. I've tried accessibility options, different buttons, reloading an earlier checkpoint and the door doesn't open.

Going to restart the chapter this weekend I guess
Is it this part?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Just beat it. 10/10. As of right now playing TLOU Part 1 then going straight into TLOU 2 is an untouchable back to back experience in the medium. The quality of these 2 games is otherworldly

Worth every single penny. I hope we Get a native PS5 version of Part 2 sometime soon

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Imagine? I had plenty of posts in here and in other threads doing just that lol…

Excited The Muppet Show GIF by Muppet Wiki

;). To be fair there was a lot of the SJW vs Anti-SJW warfare by non console warriors that follows whatever ND does nowadays, most of it was that.

Last edited:
Why did Naughty Dog get rid of the 4k/40 fps option when they have it available now in the Uncharted 4 remaster?! This makes no sense. I just played UC4 at 4k/40 and it looks and feels great. LoU1 remake at 4k/unlocked fps is going to feel worse now. If you have a VRR TV you're safe for people with oled c8 which does 120 hz but not 4k this is a straight downgrade. I can't even think of a reason for why they did this since the option was already there for VRR owners to have 4k/unlocked

RareJordan

I was one of those who said I’d never pay $70+tax for this.
Well, I scored a used copy for $55. I’ve gotta say, it somehow feels like a new game. I played through it 1x on PS3, and 2x on PS4. And this version still feels fresh. I’m taking my time, taking in all the little details. I’m even hearing some new dialogue I never noticed before. I’m following a guide so I get all the collectibles this time. I want to read every note and hear every optional conversation.

I say all that to say, reluctantly, I wouldn’t be mad if I paid full price for this.

EDMIX

Why did Naughty Dog get rid of the 4k/40 fps option when they have it available now in the Uncharted 4 remaster?! This makes no sense. I just played UC4 at 4k/40 and it looks and feels great. LoU1 remake at 4k/unlocked fps is going to feel worse now. If you have a VRR TV you're safe for people with oled c8 which does 120 hz but not 4k this is a straight downgrade. I can't even think of a reason for why they did this since the option was already there for VRR owners to have 4k/unlocked

ok....did you read what you posted?

Uncharted 4 REMASTER?

That isn't a remake, it would be less demanding and I'm not shocked that they wouldn't have some 4k/40fps mode for the remake as clearly it would be more demanding then Uncharted 4 remaster.

So it would be like asking why COD Ghost runs at a better FPS then COD2019 ignoring one of them was a cross gen port and the other was put in a different engine. You are not asking for the same thing.

ChiefDada

Gold Member

Even for VRR tv owners, unlocked 40fps is not stable enough during gameplay and the cinematics especially become a juddery mess with this mode. Locked 40 felt much better because of consistency/stability. I've been forced to switch to performance but luckily I enjoyed locked 40 for my first couple of playthroughs. Just a bone-headed move by ND I don't know what they were thinking.

TrebleShot

TLOU 2 native would be my bet.

In terms of PT1 loving it so far but really really wish ND had DRS in their engine or PS5 had native upscaling.

The Fidelity 40fps mode is nice but as people mention it’s quite erratic and makes for quite a sketchy mode whereas the 60fps mode is smooth but noticeably very blurry compared to the 4k mode.

4k is sublime in terms of detail and next ten feel but the choppiness can be headache inducing.

PS5 pro soon I hope.

Top Bottom