• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I |OT| You know Ellie, we really are worth 70 dollars

tommib

What’s a shame, weird tho is I never had any of these kinds of bugs, during both main game and Left Behind. and I just platinumed the game. Idk why it’s so random. Only bugs I ran into was once the photo mode default FOV was like 28 for some reason (fixed itself) and one time the collectibles list was unaligned with where its supposed to be (never happened again.) And I took like 250 photos of this game lol. I also spent a long ass time hunting down those final trophies. Messing with the cheats, skins, etc. Sucks you got some bugs.
Bugs are so random and influenced by anything. Could’ve been my save file. It was really getting worse and worse until the end. I’m playing Left Behind now and it’s all back to normal.

kyliethicc

Bugs are so random and influenced by anything. Could’ve been my save file. It was really getting worse and worse until the end. I’m playing Left Behind now and it’s all back to normal.
Weird question maybe, but do you use rest mode with the app still running, or fresh boots each time?

tommib

Weird question maybe, but do you use rest mode with the app still running, or fresh boots each time?
Totally legitimate question. :) I tend to never use rest mode and just turn it off but because I was playing late at night these last weeks my partner would come and drag me to bed and rest mode would kick in. Could’ve been that sure, some memory usage bug.

Always turn off your consoles, kids. There’s no excuse for rest mode, especially with the energy prices and because you can actually save your state in Returnal now. :p

mortal

Gold Member

1.02 Patch Notes​

• Fixed various instances across the game where level geometry would drop out at certain vantage points.
  • Fixed various issues related to photo mode.
  • Adjusted the "Fidelity" display setting to target 30 FPS, even with a HFR television. Removed the requirement for VRR to enabled "Unlocked Framerate" in "Fidelity" mode.
  • Updated the descriptions of "Performance" and "Fidelity" modes to more clearly describe their behavior.
  • Small adjustments to the audio mix and lighting during a sequence in the final chapter of the main game.
  • Fixed an issue where the optional conversation around the hanging body in the Pittsburgh Financial Plaza would not trigger.
  • Fixed a global issue where water splash FX were not displaying as intended.
  • Fixed various issues with localized text and Screen Reader in the main menus.
  • Fixed an issue where the credits would be flipped when using the Mirror World modifier.
  • Fixed an instance where characters would be missing facial animations when seen from perspectives only possible in photo mode.
  • (New Game Plus) Fixed an issue where weapon upgrade parts would stop spawning before the player had upgraded all guns.
  • (Accessibility) Improved how Navigation Assistance functions in the Pittsburgh Hotel and the Lakeside Mine fights.
  • (Accessibility) Fixed an issue where Invisibility Toggle with "Limited" time was not counting down correctly.

They updated the 4K fidelity mode.

Removed the fixed 4K 40 Hz target mode for 120 Hz output since it was dropping frames.
Added the option for anyone to run the 4K fidelity mode uncapped, not just w/ VRR output.
So now everyone can have a stable locked 4K30 fidelity mode, or let it run uncapped.
Thanks. Updated the OT with info.

Filldo

What’s a shame, weird tho is I never had any of these kinds of bugs, during both main game and Left Behind. and I just platinumed the game. Idk why it’s so random. Only bugs I ran into was once the photo mode default FOV was like 28 for some reason (fixed itself) and one time the collectibles list was unaligned with where its supposed to be (never happened again.) And I took like 250 photos of this game lol. I also spent a long ass time hunting down those final trophies. Messing with the cheats, skins, etc. Sucks you got some bugs.
I had a few bugs, nothing crazy. Clicker would turn invisible once in a while during a death animation of my character which was kinda funny cause all of a sudden Joel looked pained and blood would shoot out of his neck! That was all I ran into and it was earlier in the game whereas a lot of people reported more bugs in the second half. It is crazy how varied bugs can be and how each user has a different experience. I'm sure most everything will be patched up soon enough. I can't wait for price to come down so more people can jump in and enjoy this game. Its a fantastic remake of one of my all time favorites.

kyliethicc

I had a few bugs, nothing crazy. Clicker would turn invisible once in a while during a death animation of my character which was kinda funny cause all of a sudden Joel looked pained and blood would shoot out of his neck! That was all I ran into and it was earlier in the game whereas a lot of people reported more bugs in the second half. It is crazy how varied bugs can be and how each user has a different experience. I'm sure most everything will be patched up soon enough. I can't wait for price to come down so more people can jump in and enjoy this game. Its a fantastic remake of one of my all time favorites.
well considering the average game is only finished by like 30-50% of players, I guarantee they prioritize bug testing the first half of the game a lot more.

sncvsrtoip

There are a lot graphical bugs and glitches the closer you get to the end. I took a few screens and some of them completely put me off the game for days. You can clearly see that they rushed the QA in the last sections:

6bRGdhi.jpg
3xsWmAk.jpg
Didnt have many bugs but also thinks some parts were rushed and need little more work.

Hugare

1.02 Patch Notes​

• Fixed various instances across the game where level geometry would drop out at certain vantage points.
  • Adjusted the "Fidelity" display setting to target 30 FPS, even with a HFR television. Removed the requirement for VRR to enabled "Unlocked Framerate" in "Fidelity" mode.
  • Updated the descriptions of "Performance" and "Fidelity" modes to more clearly describe their behavior.
  • Small adjustments to the audio mix and lighting during a sequence in the final chapter of the main game.
  • Fixed an issue where the optional conversation around the hanging body in the Pittsburgh Financial Plaza would not trigger.
  • Fixed an issue where the credits would be flipped when using the Mirror World modifier.
  • Fixed an instance where characters would be missing facial animations when seen from perspectives only possible in photo mode.
  • (New Game Plus) Fixed an issue where weapon upgrade parts would stop spawning before the player had upgraded all guns.
  • (Accessibility) Improved how Navigation Assistance functions in the Pittsburgh Hotel and the Lakeside Mine fights.
  • (Accessibility) Fixed an issue where Invisibility Toggle with "Limited" time was not counting down correctly.
[/URL]

Removed the fixed 4K 40 Hz target mode for 120 Hz output since it was dropping frames.
Added the option for anyone to run the 4K fidelity mode uncapped, not just w/ VRR output.
So now everyone can have a stable locked 4K30 fidelity mode, or let it run uncapped.
Instead of improving framerate or fixing DRS, they just caped Fidelity Mode at 30 FPS?

ND is slacking

Vick

Only bug i've encountered up until this point:

Tess just died.

Before downloading this latest patch was the shiv door in the museum not displaying the prompt to open it. I thought they might have removed it on Grounded this time but after a reload it all worked properly.
So basically glitch free, and i'm exploring every single inch and killing every single enemy without using a single bullet/craftables.. which on Grounded means alot of playtime.

tommib

Nope. They made it so all people can uncap it.
This should be an option in every game. Cap/uncapped framed rates. I really don’t mind uncapped frame rates even in the low 30s/40s and prefer that to capped 30. Finished Elden Ring in PS5 Quality mode, happy as a bird. It also future proofs the game for improved consoles.

Devs, let me uncap all your frame rates.

Vick

This should be an option in every game. Cap/uncapped framed rates. I really don’t mind uncapped frame rates even in the low 30s/40s and prefer that to capped 30. Finished Elden Ring in PS5 Quality mode, happy as a bird. It also future proofs the game for improved consoles.

100%. I personally prefer a stable framerate, but an option to uncap would also completely erase the need for "60fps patches" in the future when playing on superior hardware.

kyliethicc

Nothing I’d ever use but yeah the option is always nice to have

ChiefDada

Gold Member
As a fan of the game, the fidelity mode update is completely nonsensical. What is the reason for getting rid of locked 40fps? Sure it wasn't stable (should've been fixed with this patch via drs or other optimizations), but it is a much better alternative to an unlocked fidelity mode in the 30-45fps range.

I really hope I'm interpreting this incorrectly. Can anyone confirm that locked 40 is indeed gone?

Hugare

Nope. They made it so all people can uncap it.
All the people with VRR displays, you mean

Why would anyone else would want to play with uneven framerate?

If they have only added the uncaped option without sacrificing the 40 FPS lock, that would have been ok. But replacing 40 for 30 was some jerk move.

Give all the options and let people choose then

Last edited:

kyliethicc

All the people with VRR displays, you mean

If they have only added the uncaped option without sacrificing the 40 FPS lock, that would have been ok. But replacing 40 for 30 was some jerk move.

Give all the options and let people choose then
They made it so anyone can uncap even without VRR

SCB3

Finally finished on Grounded, the only place I struggled was that Sniper Section, the rest of the game was not too bad (I was expecting the Ellie parts to be rough, but they were not too bad) all I'll say is Grounded is fun but a bit unfair on resources, its too stingy on them imo, I get lack of Ammo but things like Rags etc are clearly everywhere but you cannot pick them up

I'm gonna run through on easy now and platinum this and actually finish Left Behind, looking at the stats I wasn't far off full completion, only missing 1 Workbench and a Shiv Door near Bills Town

SCB3

Well this is disappointing, so I go to select Chapter 2 to grab some collectibles I’d missed and put the game on very light to speed run it a bit and now I cannot select a later chapter or pick NG+ This is forcing a 2nd play through on very light then if I want the plat

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Well this is disappointing, so I go to select Chapter 2 to grab some collectibles I’d missed and put the game on very light to speed run it a bit and now I cannot select a later chapter or pick NG+ This is forcing a 2nd play through on very light then if I want the plat
Check if you can load an older savegame to get the old state back or at least something closer to the end.

Ideally you want to make a custom save file after finishing the game so you can load it up after you did a chapter selection.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Finished Left Behind and got the Platinum after coming back from my vacation. The game is still in my list of all time favorite gaming memories.

Vick

Finally arrived at the school, i'm really enjoying the shit out of this Remake.
Also unless i'm going senile they added an extra knife in the church, and that makes all the difference if true because it would mean you can finally unlock every shiv door on Grounded this time.

Too bad they got rid of one of my favorite rooms in the whole game..

giphy.gif

And I hate how they completely removed every CRTs from the game and got rid of the 90's feel the environments had, so i'm installing the original TLoU Remastered right now as a companion piece. It's still worth it anyway for the super charming unmatched art style (which I actually still prefer, at least in Bill's Town) at 1800p/60fps.

Last edited:

Filldo

Load up your autosave from completing the game and you can chapter select any level and finish up collections. Its super dumb they did it this way, but its same with Uncharted and LOU2.

SCB3

Finally arrived at the school, i'm really enjoying the shit out of this Remake.
Also unless i'm going senile they added an extra knife in the church, and that makes all the difference if true because it would mean you can finally unlock every shiv door on Grounded this time.

Too bad they got rid of one of my favorite rooms in the whole game..

giphy.gif

And I hate how they completely removed every CRTs from the game and got rid of the 90's feel the environments had, so i'm installing the original TLoU Remastered right now as a companion piece. It's still worth it anyway for the super charming unmatched art style (which I actually still prefer, at least in Bill's Town) at 1800p/60fps.
There’s still some CRT tvs, one I can think of is before Joel and Tess get their gear at the beginning and you have to move a entertainment unit to a hidden passage behind it

SCB3

Load up your autosave from completing the game and you can chapter select any level and finish up collections. Its super dumb they did it this way, but its same with Uncharted and LOU2.
Does it count any I’ve collected since then? Or would I need to run through chapter 2 again to collect those?

Vick

There’s still some CRT tvs, one I can think of is before Joel and Tess get their gear at the beginning and you have to move a entertainment unit to a hidden passage behind it
Yeah but in the original there were only an handful of flat screen TVs in the whole game, rest were all CRTs placed inside awesome 90's style rooms.
I think they wanted to sell the fact the world stopped in 2013 in this Remake, which makes sense of course, but at the end of the day it's a super generic period not nearly as charming as the 90's. There's a reason they originally went for that kind of aesthetic.

Filldo

Does it count any I’ve collected since then? Or would I need to run through chapter 2 again to collect those?
Yeah it keeps track of anything else you unlock so you can hit up chapter 2, get your collectibles, then load your endgame save, hit the next chapter, load endgame save, on and on. Like I said, not a great system but at least you can platinum the game pretty easy.

SCB3

Yeah it keeps track of anything else you unlock so you can hit up chapter 2, get your collectibles, then load your endgame save, hit the next chapter, load endgame save, on and on. Like I said, not a great system but at least you can platinum the game pretty easy.
Yea thanks I managed to get that working, shitty workaround but I'm up to Bills Town already and only need a few collectables up to Tommys Dam, nice and quick on Very Light with Cheats

SCB3

Yeah but in the original there were only an handful of flat screen TVs in the whole game, rest were all CRTs placed inside awesome 90's style rooms.
I think they wanted to sell the fact the world stopped in 2013 in this Remake, which makes sense of course, but at the end of the day it's a super generic period not nearly as charming as the 90's. There's a reason they originally went for that kind of aesthetic.
True, I mentioned earlier in the thread that this captures 2013 really well, I remember the style then being exactly like that, down to the TV's, but like you said, there were still Big CRT's hanging around back then

At least its doing better than RE2 and 3's remakes as they were supposed to be in 1998!

Vick

Just killed the Bloater.. i'm done with the high school on Grounded with these resources/ammo still at disposal:

jsBccf8.png

ZxjUBC9.png

Plus 7 Rifle ammo, which I'd never used once.

just-flexing-arnold-schwarzenegger.gif

But boy, thanks to the new AI the school's outside area was rough AF if you don't want to waste a thing.. had to restart an awful lot of times and got lucky with Bill basically killing 40% of the enemies, was also somehow able to return into stealth mode midway fight which helped alot.
Every time i'm an area with no bottles or bricks I start to panic.. and speaking of bricks, smashing Clickers heads with them was already one of the most satisfying moves in all gaming in the original, but now with the motion matching it might be the most satisfying way to kill an enemy in gaming.

Enjoying the living shit out of this game in case it wasn't clear. It really was a necessary Remake for me as it's unlikely i'm ever going to enjoy a "modern" game from ND so frigging much, and they really did a stunning job on it.
I've complained about some shadows resolution at first, but they are actually one of the most impressive things in the game as they are essentially PCSS 90% of the time, and i've wanted to see a ND game with PCSS-like shadows since forever.

Wait ...Elden Rings fidelity mode is uncapped?

Like one of the previous poster, any frame rate above 30 fps, even "uneven" is better than 30.

This options should bave been in all games for the whole PS4 generation, at the very least on the pro.

Also, I'm very disappointed with ND for releasing a game in this state. I usually use them as an example of a studio that you can pre-order their game and assume it will be great from the get go... Not sure what I'll do next time.

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

1.02 Patch Notes​

I have a normal tv 60 hz and no, i can't run it uncapped, the option for the uncap frame, even with 120hz set in automatic in system, it's not selecable! o_O

Hugare

Like one of the previous poster, any frame rate above 30 fps, even "uneven" is better than 30.

This options should bave been in all games for the whole PS4 generation, at the very least on the pro.

Also, I'm very disappointed with ND for releasing a game in this state. I usually use them as an example of a studio that you can pre-order their game and assume it will be great from the get go... Not sure what I'll do next time.
"Uneven" meaning droping some frames here and there? Sure

But unlocked means going from ~ 30 to 50 and up, which is not great at all

You may like it, but frame consistency is important and without games look like a mess in motion (without VRR, of course)

There's a reason why so many games arent able to have framerate unlocked on consoles. Developers know what they are doing.

Having it as future proof option is nice, but using it right now is pretty bad, imo

Last edited:
"Uneven" meaning droping some frames here and there? Sure

But unlocked means going from ~ 30 to 50 and up, which is not great at all

You may like it, but frame consistency is important and without games look like a mess in motion (without VRR, of course)

There's a reason why so many games arent able to have framerate unlocked on consoles. Developers know what they are doing.

Having it as future proof option is nice, but using it right now is pretty bad, imo
Let's just say I don't agree with your assessment that a "stable" frame rate is somehow better than a low one.

It's not like I have not been playing video games for decades at this point, so the last thing I need is someone to come and tell me that I am somehow wrong to prefer things a certain way.

I don't care how much you think your argument about equal frame times, etc. I find 30fps is too low, so I'll take 37 to 45 ish over locked 30 thanks but no thanks.

Hugare

Let's just say I don't agree with your assessment that a "stable" frame rate is somehow better than a low one.

It's not like I have not been playing video games for decades at this point, so the last thing I need is someone to come and tell me that I am somehow wrong to prefer things a certain way.

I don't care how much you think your argument about equal frame times, etc. I find 30fps is too low, so I'll take 37 to 45 ish over locked 30 thanks but no thanks.

What I said was hardly controversial: Digital Foundry has said so many times before, along with so many other devs.

But just like there are people that play at sub 20 fps and see nothing wrong with it, if it doesnt bother you, good for you.

Nowhere in my post I said that you are wrong for enjoying it. Read the "imo" part at the end of my post.

So Naughty Dog just screwed over people who have 120 hz TVs but who don't have VRR like the LG C8 ...where prior to this patch everyone could get Fidelity Mode at 40 fps, now those people can only get fidelity mode at 30 fps or uncapped (which is going to be less stable than 40 fps cap). If you have 120hz/vrr you're unable to get 40 fps now too, right? Isn't this a downgrade all around, since VRR didn't work great in this game on ps5 to begin with?

Why not leave the 40 fps option the way it was but also add the ability for anyone to play uncapped?

WtF is going on at Naughty Dog lately? I was coming around on the idea of getting this when I realized there would be a nice improvement to the visuals of LoU2 in that 4k/40 fps mode. What a bummer.

Top Bottom