• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 2: the model who plays Abby still receives death threats, after years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vick

absolutely. not only that, if you played the game you 100% can understand why she did what she did.
Understand ≠ Approve/share.

She did what she did because the writers decided to make her come off as a sadistic, mentally ill person who tortured and killed someone who just saved her life in front of his crying and begging daughter.

But since I'd rather smash my own balls with a hammer than start another pointless discussion about this game feel free to ignore this post.

This type of behavior has gone on forever

I think I have told this story on here before

I blew a save in the 1990-91 MLB season and the next day my wife at the time was with our 1 year old son grocery shopping and somehow a fan knew who she was and pushed her to the ground and told her if I blew another game he would kill both of us

I know I have said this many times I couldn't imagine playing in todays 24/7 media

A former major league player on this forum? What do you think of the ban on shifts, pitch clock, and bigger bases? I'm excited for the changes and want to see baseball return to a much faster pace during the 80s to mid 90s.

As for this story, there will always be extremists and people with mental health issues.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The world would be a better place without Twitter and social media.

Some people are way too invested in it, living in their own echo chambers that makes them crazier.

With the way things are today you can’t just hand wave those comments as empty threats. You just never know.

kiphalfton

This type of behavior has gone on forever

I think I have told this story on here before

I blew a save in the 1990-91 MLB season and the next day my wife at the time was with our 1 year old son grocery shopping and somehow a fan knew who she was and pushed her to the ground and told her if I blew another game he would kill both of us

I know I have said this many times I couldn't imagine playing in todays 24/7 media

But there was no online play in old MLB video games, so how would they know you fucked something up in a video game?

Filben

these people shouldn't be allowed to play games or consume any kind of fictional content.

Next time this person is sending Tom Hanks death treats for letting Wilson die on the ocean when he watches that 20 years old movie.

rkofan87

Gold Member
JCQNkoU8NvzpbTvA9RYyKd.jpg

The Last of Us Part 2 has been around for years and by now many are turning their attention to the in development multiplayer game or even a potential The Last of Us Part 3. just senseless hate on Jocelyn Mettler, the model who gave the face to Abby.

As revealed by Mettler herself via Twitter , death threats are still being sent to her via email today . As you can see just below, Mettler wrote: “Bro I have not been on Naughty Dog’s payroll since 2017. I am not their complaint department. I think you forgot a cc on this one, champ. Content warning: Harassment, threats, stupidity.“

This is absolutely unjustified and deplorable behavior , today as in the past, but it seems truly absurd that there are people who, after all this time, still feel the need to attack a simple model who has given her face to a character in a video game.

wtf boooooooooooooooooooooo the model has f all to do the trash story.

Iced Arcade

She did what she did because the writers decided to make her come off as a sadistic, mentally ill person who tortured and killed someone who just saved her life in front of his crying and begging daughter.

But since I'd rather smash my own balls with a hammer than start another pointless discussion about this game feel free to ignore this post.
yeah, no point in going back and forth about it now. take care Angel

When I read tweets and shit like this I almost always feel like it's secretly Adam Sessler trying to control the "gamer" stereotype narrative.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
A former major league player on this forum? What do you think of the ban on shifts, pitch clock, and bigger bases? I'm excited for the changes and want to see baseball return to a much faster pace during the 80s to mid 90s.

As for this story, there will always be extremists and people with mental health issues.
Shifts never bothered me as these guys are professional hitters and should learn to hit the other way.

Pitch clocks are needed as some pitchers are just insanely slow to the plate

Bigger bases I don't really have input on not sure thats going to make much difference

Baseballs problem now is the homerun, nobody wants to hit a single even with 2 strikes, most players take wild swings

Nickolaidas

A) She's not responsible for whatever mistakes ND did with the sequel. She literally doesn't deserve the hate. She didn't REALLY killed Joel, you fucking cretin, who was never alive to begin with. You are literally threatening the life of a real human being over the mistreatment of PIXELS. How fucking sad can you get?

and B) I wouldn't approve death threats even to fucking Neil Druckman. It's a game. Get pissed at ND, boycott their next games, do whatever the fuck you want, along those lines. No violence is acceptable, whether verbal, or physical.

Grow the fuck up, you stupid manchildren.

Topher

Gold Member
I love Bill Burr

Funny sitting in bull pens over the years had so many fan interactions so much to the point I got to know people who had season tickets and were sitting in the same seats over the entire time I played.

I would venture to say 95% of all fans were amazing but you did hit that 7th inning or so and people started getting that liquid courage

I was always the type of guy that nothing could be said that would bother me and most times I would laugh but many guys couldn't take it

I couldn't even guess the amount of times I heard people say "Come on up here" that bit was funny, thank you for that video

Buddy of mine is brothers with Chuck Cecil who is an NFL coach. When he was coaching at the Titans years ago, Chuck gave us tickets to a game and a pass to get to the locker room. I don't think anyone in the stands really understands how massive athletes can be. Vince Young walked by me and it was ridiculously obvious that this Greek god of a man could snap me like a twig.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Buddy of mine is brothers with Chuck Cecil who is an NFL coach. When he was coaching at the Titans years ago, Chuck gave us tickets to a game and a pass to get to the locker room. I don't think anyone in the stands really understands how massive athletes can be. Vince Young walked by me and it was ridiculously obvious that this Greek god of a man could snap me like a twig.
You are right people do not understand how massive athletes are and have gotten even bigger.

I have mentioned here before but I am a big man at 6'8" and there is a difference between the tall bean poll type of guy and guys like me with a large frame, not fat just large.

I go to a lot of Indianapolis Colts football games and we are down on the field often and even my size against todays football players just blows my mind

This was the Monday night games vs the Steelers and here I am kind of towering over the people right in front of me and those football players are most all my size and larger it seems

I mean look at the assistant coach compared to these guys

SCqrNFJ.jpg

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member

Joel avatar. Joel is not a good guy, he had it coming. Take the L and move on. 🐻

I can't believe people do this shit?! Really because of video games? People actually have to take time and type this out, and don't think that sending anybody death threats is a good idea? Just boggles my mind how pathetic people are.

Topher

Gold Member
You are right people do not understand how massive athletes are and have gotten even bigger.

I have mentioned here before but I am a big man at 6'8" and there is a difference between the tall bean poll type of guy and guys like me with a large frame, not fat just large.

I go to a lot of Indianapolis Colts football games and we are down on the field often and even my size against todays football players just blows my mind

This was the Monday night games vs the Steelers and here I am kind of towering over the people right in front of me and those football players are most all my size and larger it seems

SCqrNFJ.jpg

Yep. Number 72 is Braden Smith. Went to my alma mater, Auburn. 6 foot 6 inches. Makes the regular folk around him look tiny.

Brigandier

What a fucking disgusting vile piece of shit virgin loser, I bet that will be a fully grown man too fucking degenerate clown.

Another reason gamers are frowned upon... Freaks like that.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
gamers

embarassing as always

Gamers can be idiots.....

I still remember a friend of mine who doesn't even play TLOU got so mad with the game he kept threatening to spoil the game for me.

He'd ask me everyday "Where are you at in the game? I swear you'll get very angry*

Everyday he'd check in on me to ask my progress with the game.

" Do you want me to spoil it for you? "

I ignored his texts until I completed the game. Another friend yelled at him to respect me and not spoil it for me.

When I completed the game, I told him that I enjoyed the game a lot and he seemed very upset with me.

And i have friends who've never played TLOU before proclaim they hate the game. And they are all playstation fans. So it's not console warring. I even have one friend who blocked me on Facebook and PSN because I said I enjoyed TLOU.

People behave VERY IRRATIONALLY when it comes to TLOU.

It's so weird. Why is Joel dying a concern to people who've never played TLOU? Why would it upset them? I don't get it.

My friends and I were in our late 30s then. Grown men. Men married with kids and a job behaving like men children. It's just completely incredulous.

It’s been almost 3 years, Sadly is not only that animal that is still angry.

There are hundreds of thousands or millions of people that haven’t played the game and still angry.

I could understand after the first few weeks, but after almost 3 years, that’s dedication….. but not in the good way

Woman-hating incels....must be.

Gamers

Gamers are a pathetic bunch, IF Game of Thrones was a video game they would be calling it woke…

Simply because there’s gays, or there shouldn’t be black people in their made up century.

This franchise has the most annoying community I have ever seen. Good thing I don't give a shit about western games anymore for a lot of reasons, so whatever.

How fucking sad do you have to be to cry over a shitty video game.

"Gamers" are deplorable.

Imagine thinking this is anything other, anything deeper, more engrossing than what it really is - mental health issues.

Nah... it's the whole subset of people which identify with gaming. /s
I'm most inclined to believe this is some kind of trolling, knowing that message will get to the media/twitter to stir some shit than an actual death threat or with the actual intend to harm her.

Reactionary, run of the mill, twitter drama news

This, or a deeply troubled individual, or both.

Last edited:

Loxus

I could never understand the fixation of a fictional character to this level.

Fictional characters are not real and should never be compared to a real person to the point that you think a real person's death could help with a fictional story.

I don't understand why people feel like Joel deserves better. Joel was a selfish murderer that could of help given the world the possibility of a cure. Even if Ellie did died for nothing, he thought about himself instead of the world just because he saw his daughter in Ellie.

As long as Ellie is alive and remains the possibility of a cure, death would of found Joel one way or another trying to protect her, the man is getting old.

Death by gun, knife, hammer, etc., it doesn't change the fact that The Last of Us world ain't no fairy tale.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Woah, story time! Tell us about. I’ve heard from people that got close but never made it and they said the teams become super tight.

Tell us something fun
Saw steroids being used like breath mints, Marge Schott used to let her dogs shit on our field in Cincy

Oh fun?

Told this not long ago on here went to a party after a game one night in LA and met the lovely Halle Berry

I was the token white guy at said party and didn't have quite the sense of style for clothes some of my friends had and she looked at me and asked me to get her drinks confusing me for a waiter

My ego was bruised but did I get her drinks for her?

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

This is truly awful and inexcusable. To my knowledge, she had nothing to do with the script!! You don’t like the game or story, move on and just don’t support it. Also, I always found this obsession with Joel really weird. If these “people” can’t distinguish reality from fiction, they need their internet and social media privileges removed ASAP imo. This isn’t normal.

JPSLotus97T

SCqrNFJ.jpg

Who was the toughest batter you faced?

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Saw steroids being used like breath mints, Marge Schott used to let her dogs shit on our field in Cincy

Oh fun?

Told this not long ago on here went to a party after a game one night in LA and met the lovely Halle Berry

I was the token white guy at said party and didn't have quite the sense of style for clothes some of my friends had and she looked at me and asked me to get her drinks confusing me for a waiter

My ego was bruised but did I get her drinks for her?

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad
That’s pretty great. Was the trade deadline uncomfortable? Have first game jitters?

Sorry about the questions but baseball is a great sport so I love the stories.

That person needs to be admitted to a mental asylum. They're clearly a threat to themselves and everyone around them.

Honestly, this kinda stupidity should be a capital offense.
Obviously not serious.

Last edited:

Kacho

Imagine thinking this is anything other, anything deeper, more engrossing than what it really is - mental health issues.

Nah... it's the whole subset of people which identify with gaming. /s
Gamers™ is a subset of Gamers. Shitting on one is not shitting on the other.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Who was the toughest batter you faced?
Most memorable was probably Mark McGwire in the 90 World Series. Guy I feared the most Cecil Fielder as he broke 2 of my ribs hitting me with a line shot in a preseason game

That’s pretty great. Was the trade deadline uncomfortable? Have first game jitters?

Sorry about the questions but baseball is a great sport so I love the stories.
I was not great just good enough so the trade deadline never really bothered me because I always assumed I was getting moved so I tried to not get in my head when it did happen, if that makes sense.

I never really got those first game jitters because of playing multiple sports and playing in front of a lot of people even in High School.

Plus the fact going into about every game I know who my target was to retire and about when I would be used

Silly as it sounds the most nervous I would get personally was in long relief if a game was out of hand because it was so different for me

I no longer came in throwing as hard as I could for 1 to maybe 3 outs but had to revert back to throwing 75% ish like starters do to conserve energy

Fatbody

Game journalists back in the day used to get death threats for scoring Sonic games too low. Although this is shitty, it’s not new or unique to current day females. This kind of stuff is obviously being leveraged for political reasons and to stomp out all criticism. Sharing this publicly serves no other purpose. You aren’t going to shame anonymous shit heads out of being shit heads. The best course of action is to privately forward these communications to law enforcement, not share them for victim clout.

Vick

People need to chill. She was just hired to do a job.

Also Cuckmann needs to take full responsibility for this. He knew what he was doing. He wanted a reaction he got plenty and this poor actress got in the crossfire.

🏃‍♀️💨
She's not an actress, but yeah, you're absolutely 100% right.

The subversive and provocative motherfucker is on multiple record stating he wanted the game to be hated by half the audience, that he was looking for a strong reaction, that the entire theme of the game was "hate".. only to then act all surprised and even engage in antagonistic behavior and mockery towards "haters".

He's the worst. Same person who posted "Do people realize these people are not real, right?" the day after saying "Just finished the game, cried like a baby".

Bipolar coward.

l92gGEs.jpg

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Game journalists back in the day used to get death threats for scoring Sonic games too low. Although this is shitty, it’s not new or unique to current day females. This kind of stuff is obviously being leveraged for political reasons and to stomp out all criticism. Sharing this publicly serves no other purpose. You aren’t going to shame anonymous shit heads out of being shit heads. The best course of action is to privately forward these communications to law enforcement, not share them for victim clout.

Or she just wants to share it just to show how stupid people are?

She trolls all the time when she streams, so she's bound to get frustrated at some point.

That's the Internet for you. I used to get death threats just for winning a game of fifa. One guy kept messaging me every day. It was fucking hilarious. 98% of then are just kids and teenagers.

RedC

I remember going to a WCW tv taping in the 90s where they taped multiple shows back to back and the tickets were free.

Biggest White boys I'd ever seen in my life. LOL

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
People need to chill. She was just hired to do a job.

Also Cuckmann needs to take full responsibility for this. He knew what he was doing. He wanted a reaction he got plenty and this poor actress got in the crossfire.

🏃‍♀️💨

This is like blaming actor/actresses for being stalked because they were in an award winning movie.

You don't blame Neil for these people being mentally ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom