• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 2: the model who plays Abby still receives death threats, after years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
JCQNkoU8NvzpbTvA9RYyKd.jpg

The Last of Us Part 2 has been around for years and by now many are turning their attention to the in development multiplayer game or even a potential The Last of Us Part 3. just senseless hate on Jocelyn Mettler, the model who gave the face to Abby.

As revealed by Mettler herself via Twitter , death threats are still being sent to her via email today . As you can see just below, Mettler wrote: “Bro I have not been on Naughty Dog’s payroll since 2017. I am not their complaint department. I think you forgot a cc on this one, champ. Content warning: Harassment, threats, stupidity.“

This is absolutely unjustified and deplorable behavior , today as in the past, but it seems truly absurd that there are people who, after all this time, still feel the need to attack a simple model who has given her face to a character in a video game.

NickFire

Definitely tied to gaming, but this is more of a mental health issue than a gaming issue. Only way to stop this stuff is mental health treatment. But someone will probably try casting aspersions on gamers anyway.

Vick

i wouldn't talk to Abby in that way. she would fuck me up
The ironic part is that this person simply let ND use her face. She was VFX artist in Uncharted 4 and LL and had apparently nothing to do at all with Part II.

While equally retarded, at the very least Laura Bailey threats made the slightest semblance of sense considering her involvement and stance on the game and character.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
This type of behavior has gone on forever

I think I have told this story on here before

I blew a save in the 1990-91 MLB season and the next day my wife at the time was with our 1 year old son grocery shopping and somehow a fan knew who she was and pushed her to the ground and told her if I blew another game he would kill both of us

I know I have said this many times I couldn't imagine playing in todays 24/7 media

Kataploom

Gold Member
Something is wrong in the heads of those mentally deranged freaks, those are the reason why "violence = videogames" to many people, there are so many freaks that can't separate games from reality...

And she’ll report to twitter and they’ll see nothing wrong and no harassment.
It was on an email, tho

Edmund

I still remember a friend of mine who doesn't even play TLOU got so mad with the game he kept threatening to spoil the game for me.

He'd ask me everyday "Where are you at in the game? I swear you'll get very angry*

Everyday he'd check in on me to ask my progress with the game.

" Do you want me to spoil it for you? "

I ignored his texts until I completed the game. Another friend yelled at him to respect me and not spoil it for me.

When I completed the game, I told him that I enjoyed the game a lot and he seemed very upset with me.

And i have friends who've never played TLOU before proclaim they hate the game. And they are all playstation fans. So it's not console warring. I even have one friend who blocked me on Facebook and PSN because I said I enjoyed TLOU.

People behave VERY IRRATIONALLY when it comes to TLOU.

It's so weird. Why is Joel dying a concern to people who've never played TLOU? Why would it upset them? I don't get it.

My friends and I were in our late 30s then. Grown men. Men married with kids and a job behaving like men children. It's just completely incredulous.

Topher

Gold Member
This type of behavior has gone on forever

I think I have told this story on here before

I blew a save in the 1990-91 MLB season and the next day my wife at the time was with our 1 year old son grocery shopping and somehow a fan knew who she was and pushed her to the ground and told her if I blew another game he would kill both of us

I know I have said this many times I couldn't imagine playing in todays 24/7 media

I lost money on that game. I'm coming for you.

lol...you were in the big leagues? Crazy morons everywhere. I can't imagine the shit athletes have to endure.

Last edited:
It’s been almost 3 years, Sadly is not only that animal that is still angry.

There are hundreds of thousands or millions of people that haven’t played the game and still angry.

I could understand after the first few weeks, but after almost 3 years, that’s dedication….. but not in the good way

Iced Arcade

What is wrong with people? Abby by far was the best part of tlou2
absolutely. not only that, if you played the game you 100% can understand why she did what she did.

love the fact you can understand why Joel did what he did, understand why Abby did what she did, and why Ellie is doing what shes doing. there is no clear-cut good/bad right/wrong.

Last edited:

geary

I'm most inclined to believe this is some kind of trolling, knowing that message will get to the media/twitter to stir some shit than an actual death threat or with the actual intend to harm her.

Reactionary, run of the mill, twitter drama news

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
You reminded me of Bill Burr's bit on professional athletes kicking the shit out of fans.

:messenger_grinning_smiling:

I love Bill Burr

Funny sitting in bull pens over the years had so many fan interactions so much to the point I got to know people who had season tickets and were sitting in the same seats over the entire time I played.

I would venture to say 95% of all fans were amazing but you did hit that 7th inning or so and people started getting that liquid courage

I was always the type of guy that nothing could be said that would bother me and most times I would laugh but many guys couldn't take it

I couldn't even guess the amount of times I heard people say "Come on up here" that bit was funny, thank you for that video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom