• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 2 Quality of Facial Expressions is “Going to Get Even Higher” – The Initiative Dev

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Francisco Aisa has worked as a gameplay programmer at Rockstar Games for such titles as Grand Theft Auto 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2. He also worked on The Last of Us Part 2 at Naughty Dog, before shifting to The Initiative as a senior gameplay engineer. When asked about whether the trend of photo-realistic graphics will continue and if next-gen can deliver on that promise, Aisa replied, Yes, absolutely.

“If you look at The Last of Us Part 2, you just look at their facial expressions, they are so good, some of them blow my mind. And remember, I saw them every day, they still blow my mind. That sort of quality is going to get even higher. A lot of it is part of the amount of data we are going to be able to deal with. So I do think we will see a trend not just of bigger worlds, but more believable ones with more believable characters as well.”

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
So good to know that this kind of zero-content "articles" with developers asked to say obvious stuff just to make a clickbait headline has just been banned from N4G, which means this site and a couple of others is going to hopefully stop doing them given their overreliance on N4G clicks. 😎

I didn't even need to click on the thread to know which site this was from.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So good to know that this kind of zero-content "articles" with developers asked to say obvious stuff just to make a clickbait headline has just been banned from N4G, which means this site and a couple of others is going to hopefully stop doing them given their overreliance on N4G clicks. 😎

I didn't even need to click on the thread to know which site this was from.

You make a good point here.

reptilex

Banned

Francisco Aisa has worked as a gameplay programmer at Rockstar Games for such titles as Grand Theft Auto 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2. He also worked on The Last of Us Part 2 at Naughty Dog, before shifting to The Initiative as a senior gameplay engineer. When asked about whether the trend of photo-realistic graphics will continue and if next-gen can deliver on that promise, Aisa replied, Yes, absolutely.

“If you look at The Last of Us Part 2, you just look at their facial expressions, they are so good, some of them blow my mind. And remember, I saw them every day, they still blow my mind. That sort of quality is going to get even higher. A lot of it is part of the amount of data we are going to be able to deal with. So I do think we will see a trend not just of bigger worlds, but more believable ones with more believable characters as well.”

Facial expression...the only thing I found was good about about TLOUII

cc3.jpg

j/k, j/k... or am I?

Top Bottom