• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 1 story unchanged, except the ending feat you know who

Don't get the hate of lou2 story, I enjoyed it
rHHQMda.jpg

Filben

Wasn't killing the doctors optional in the first game anyway. I always wondered why they made it cannon they died
No, you have to get through him. You either shoot him or Joel will kill him with his own fucking scalpel when you try to push past.

The other people in the room are optional. They will back off; you can kill them before getting Ellie or leave them.

Edit: Already been answered.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Imagine paying for the same journey 8n every generation.

Maybe when you are 90 and bought it for the 10th time, that will be the one that's too much.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
When I first played through TLoU back on the PS3. it never sat well with me that I was forced to kill the doctor.

Skilled physicians would be super rare in a post-apocalyptic world, and ND forcing players to kill him to progress never made much sense to me, given that you're given plenty of choice on whether you want to kill soldiers, bandits, clickers, or just stealth on by.

The other thing that didn't make much sense to me in TLoU2, was why they changed the model of that doctor in the first place. Was there a problem with the original green gown, that they had to change it over to blue? 🤷‍♀️

Melchiah

That's why she came back for revenge years later. But if you don't kill her father she won't have to play golf later. Your choice.

There's no choice, so I might as well make it worthwhile, and relish the scene knowing what lies ahead.

It was certainly one of the strangest choices from part 1 to 2. And shockingly few people, especially on the perpetually offended side cared even slightly. (he was black in part 1, retconned to white in part 2) And yes I did notice, I instantly thought "Uh, the doctor from the first game most definitely did not look like this?" I doubt they'll advertise this part about the re-remake of part 1 though.

kr7g78rrizi91.png

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It was certainly one of the strangest choices from part 1 to 2. And shockingly few people, especially on the perpetually offended side cared even slightly. (he was black in part 1, retconned to white in part 2) And yes I did notice, I instantly thought "Uh, the doctor from the first game most definitely did not look like this?" I doubt they'll advertise this part about the re-remake of part 1 though.

kr7g78rrizi91.png
He was not black. It was rando, bad texture dirty post apocalyptic npc. His skin color is not too different from Joel too. That's just how first game looked.
I love tlou2 and I think it's really petty and idiotic that people still go on about it. Haters never even played the damn game

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Pretty sure no one was expecting a story change apart from the inclusion of Abby's Dad.

Dorohedoro

He was not black. It was rando, bad texture dirty post apocalyptic npc. His skin color is not too different from Joel too. That's just how first game looked.
I love tlou2 and I think it's really petty and idiotic that people still go on about it. Haters never even played the damn game
And there's a reason the ree crowd never cried about it because even those dipshits knew the npc wasn't black. He always looked like a tan white guy, maybe due to poor lighting.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I really hope a potential TLOU 3 will sell like shit! They need a punishment for 2...
As I was saying… it is like the reverse of the AH vs JD discussion, if ND keeps selling in high numbers the go woke go broke meme as absolute law goes out of the window… is that why?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I really hope a potential TLOU 3 will sell like shit! They need a punishment for 2...
Nah. Tlou2 just serves to show how stupid some haters are who have not played the game.
And those who finished tlou2 and wanted Abby dead by the end? bad, stubborn people lol.

There is nothing to be punished for tlou2.
The game is great and at least tried something fucking new and unique. Not the same story again.
And it's not even woke

Last edited:
In an alternate reality 30+ year old men are burning down Wall Street because Neil cuckmann went in and completely changed the story with more lib propaganda and changed the faces of Joel and Ellie to look like the whored out HBO counterparts.

FUCK NAUGHTY DOG

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

Why the hell are you posting a nothing thread like this with an ending spoiler (for anyone not closely following leaks on this game) literally in the title? Are you that desperate for attention?

Mods please delete this trash.

Filben

Don't get the hate of lou2
There's several things going on here with the 'hate'. The first is what happens early on in the game and how people are emotionally invested in fictional characters. Partly, this is a good thing because if we don't do that at all or aren't capable of caring so much, no story would work. We are able to care about fictional characters and stories and enjoy them despite knowing it's not real. So ND did something right when so many people cared so much. However, it can also get to the point where people acquire delusional tendencies for how much they care. I mean, if you send death threats to the writers because of how they treated your character, this is totally out of place. (different title, but some people tattooed the name Daenerys on their body or named their children after that blonde chick. What the fuck?) This isn't healthy. Some people have serious, quite literal issues if they take it so far and react as if Neil came personally to your house and butchered your doggo. Many people lost their senses of relation/proportion, like some people tell you you literally KILL certain groups like transgenders if you don't actively support them. Lunatics.

Then the other thing is the in media (especially this one) highly unusual portrayal of some characters such as a buffed woman and/or transgender. As people are already riled up, this gives them even more tinder. Then you spark the hate for that female character already by her deeds and also make her buffed and physically stronger than like 90% of angry insecure people dwelling in basements (I think this stereotype is adequate when the same people think that no woman can have such a biceps, also given the kind of crops and game the settlement in which she lives grow and hunt to secure enough protein).

And some people don't see anything else in the game because their mind is so occupied and their emotional capacities are already full so they have to vent, best online because it's easy, anonymous, and practically law-free/anarchical.

Jaybe

The surgeon should have some light hearted Monday morning banter with the others about taking his daughter to the driving range over the weekend before Joel busts in

Bartski

Gold Member
Pretty fucking obviously, yes. Confirming there is any slight change/addition to the ending of a remake in a thread title is a spoiler. Don't know why this needs explaining.

Congrats on the attention attained from your pointless, useless thread.
Pretty fucking obviously you're going ballistic here over literally nothing.
Something clearly needs explaining - this is the first time someone who played the game has confirmed what everyone already assumed - the game is identical story-wise, except the final scene that will look like in TLOU2 intro.
So in that sense, it's news. That's the thread.

Did I kill your suspense by confirming the obvious? Simmer down.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Nah. Tlou2 just serves to show how stupid some haters are who have not played the game.
And those who finished tlou2 and wanted Abby dead by the end? bad, stubborn people lol.

There is nothing to be punished for tlou2.
The game is great and at least tried something fucking new and unique. Not the same story again.
And it's not even woke

I agree with a lot of this, but I feel like

A. I think most people HAVE played the game(s). It's like 30-40 hours both titles included, and it's not Brain surgery to get through, made even more easy because ND has accessibility settings that stop just beyond adjusting Bullet damage based on the color of your underpants, so I mean...it's not hard to experience for yourself. Different people take different things away from the same media, though.

Second, I kind of wish Abby would have died, too, but not for Golf reasons, exactly. I think she should have had some form of a more permanent Penance for her actions. Which looks a lot like "kill her because Joel QQ," but I mean, thematically, they could have used it to show Ellie that the path she's been on has no winning side. But I suppose that's what happened, anyway, and I don't get paid to write video games, so....whatever.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
You don't get it.

It's like changing out the actor for Citizen kain, with someone else. TLOU can't continue to be the Citizen Kain of gaming under these circumstances.

The game is ruined. Jim Ryan has done it again.

Hey, man. Don't assume the game's movie analogue, that's problematic. Schreier said it identified as Schindler's List. Educate yourself.

Relique

Perfect.

With that said I wouldn't have minded some additional content similar to left behind.

To be honest the way the Fireflies in the first game looked so unsuited to be developing a vaccine played a big part in how there was pretty much no dilemma for me. Even after reading the logs it just didn't seem believable that they had any chance at developing anything and they just came off as a bunch of clowns. To me it was one of the most obvious problems with the original game and it's not surprising that they are trying to fix it.
You are right. I noticed too throughout the game that the fireflies were idiots and by the end it was obvious she was 99% going to die in vain anyway. But I always thought that was intended, and what I could see as a player Joel could see too. I thought the worthlessness of the fireflies went into Joel's decision to get her out of there. It was a selfish thing he did too but it wasn't the only reason. At least that's how I interpreted it.

In the second one and now in the remake, they changed the operating room not look like a filthy pigsty anymore. It makes sense to want to change for it all to make sense but I can't just suddenly unsee all that anymore. I am not buying that there was any merit to what they were trying to do.
When I first played through TLoU back on the PS3. it never sat well with me that I was forced to kill the doctor.

Skilled physicians would be super rare in a post-apocalyptic world, and ND forcing players to kill him to progress never made much sense to me, given that you're given plenty of choice on whether you want to kill soldiers, bandits, clickers, or just stealth on by.

The other thing that didn't make much sense to me in TLoU2, was why they changed the model of that doctor in the first place. Was there a problem with the original green gown, that they had to change it over to blue? 🤷‍♀️
Like I was discussing in my reply above, they made the operating room and the attire cleaner to give more legitimacy to the surgery that was stopped. In the original it all looked filthy and the fireflies were made to look like idiots. Surgical instruments sitting next to dusty shelves under moldy walls. A brain surgery patient laying directly on top of dirty leather without any sterile barrier. I know she wasn't supposed to survive that procedure but that is way too dirty to even extract any tissue.

RCU005

The retcon makes perfectly logical sense. Paradoxically, the sequel doesn't.

giphy.gif

What I dislike about the story of TLOU2 is that they made it about religious and political parties and left zombies as a background element. The entirety of the first part was about surviving a zombie apocalypse and trying to find a cure, but then it turned into who has the best sect? Why?

It’s like Jurassic World Dominion. Dinosaurs now roam our planet freely but they focus the entire movie on giant locusts?! Who think these stuff?

Why diverge the entire premise to something so pathetic?

Top Bottom