• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us HBO series planned for 8 seasons, budget "upward of $200-million per year", according to Alberta premier Jason Kenney

CitizenZ

Banned
8 seasons that will be copy paste of every PA story ever told? O, forgot about that extra uninteresting twist of the pronoun game which seems to be, lets be real, who gives a fck situation

Bored GIF

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Seems a bit over enthusiastic lol. Planning for 8 seasons of any show is a bit ridiculous, especially apparently one of the most expensive shows ever made, and one that's based on a video game with a by the book story.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I would guess that after Game of Thrones HBO would be more inclined to just cancel a show that isn't doing well.

No way a show based on The Last of Us makes it to 8 seasons.

Yeah, but what if it "only" makes it to Season 5? Wouldn't that be considered a success?

MikeM

I would believe it more if it came from anyone else other than the Alberta Premier. The guy is a POS.

Last edited:

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Damn that's some big budget :/

People ( other than every gaffer complaining al the time) surely going to enjoy the show if they get good actors and actresses

zeorhymer

Never heard of doing 8 seasons without showing the first season. Or are they doing weird numbering stuff which 1 episode is a season?

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Some studio exec "promising" 8 seasons is just pure political manoeuvring to the mayor of whatever town/city their filming in to wring the best possible tax breaks and assistance, nothing more FFS, let's get season 1 and 2 over and we'll see how brilliant it is, also all you guys trying to break the game up into episodes is quaint, you do realise they'll have license to fill out, add characters, entirely new sub plots/storylines etc in there, it's not a 1:1 retelling of the game btw

El Sueño

Chernobyl is a beast. And one of the best things it has is the fact that it has no filler.
8 seasons sounds like a lot of filler.

Last edited:

-hadouken

Eight seasons of shivving clickers? 😑 I enjoy the games, but can't see how this can be anything but another Walking Dead (which you'd have to pay me to watch these days)

Billbofet

I have yet to play LoU2, but I was floored by the first game. What's held me off, honestly, is the depressing and punishing story and environment.
I would never, ever want to spend 8 seasons in this misery.

Reminds me of the movie, The Road. It absolutely blew me away and I sat in silence for ten minutes after seeing it, but I don't plan to ever watch it again. Too much aint always for the best.

LQX

I fucking love the fact they are going all in as I think the world of The Last of Us is amazing. That said, I'm sort of surprised they are going all in considering a pandemic is taking over the world right now.

kiphalfton

Walking Dead has lasted longer than that, which a big part of that can be attributed to drawing out the crappy drama between characters way longer than necessary. So I wouldn't necessarily discount this rumor.

Also if Neil Druckmann is so passionate about this and wants to flesh out the story, why not just write a book or three.

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

I hope they continue the Part2 story only on the series. And I want a fucking cure and pacient 0. And Naughty Dog make a new IP.

Top Bottom