• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Releasing On February 21st, 2020 | New Trailer

Justin9mm

I'm paying extra for the digital version on this one, here in Australia digital is $99.95 AUD through PS Store or physical copy is $69 AUD in retail store on release day so it sucks but.. I've been increasingly annoyed lately with having to swap discs to play another game. I think GamePass has me spoiled and had bought a few things on sale on the PS Store which I have been switching to and from so having to put in a disc to play a game is such effort lol

Evilms

Banned
1569366431-1.png

I do wonder if they're going to address that
that the doctors in the firefly hospital said that the disease was slowly progressing and Ellie wouldn't have long to live before she turns. Also how is she able to kiss anyone anyways without spreading the disease. That was a big plot point with David with that she can spread the disease.

thelastword

Banned
RDR2 eat your heart out, this is the best looking snow, characters on horses I've ever seen. Really, this looks like next generation stuff....

This is not relatable or realistic in the least. It's actually aggressively bad. In this setting gays wouldn't be much of a thing especially amongst the people that are frickin' immune! Humans are struggling to survive, but she's in love so it's okay that someone with immunity will never reproduce. Lol.

Solarstrike

that the doctors in the firefly hospital said that the disease was slowly progressing and Ellie wouldn't have long to live before she turns. Also how is she able to kiss anyone anyways without spreading the disease. That was a big plot point with David with that she can spread the disease.

The disease didn't progress in Ellie after she was bit (in the Left Behind DLC campaign). She also handled many of the things the other main characters did and they didn't get the disease. Her spreading the disease is incorrect as it's rendered inert in her system.

At the end of times i doubt many people would care if they contracted anything, knowing the world went to shit and that it would take hundreds of years of toil and extreme survival of the non-infected to rebuild. In that, the walled city/sanctuary in Last of Us probably didn't last that long. Maybe it's walls got breached from below or infiltrated by a turn coat. An Eagle could have flew over the village and dropped an infected limb. Anything could of happened, really. In the end though, i think many people would rather choose love than to live in a constant hell of mutants, cannibals, and all sorts of gutter filth. I highly doubt anyone would date a Clicker though.

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
Those graphics 🔥. I started playing the first game years ago on ps3 and never finished it. Maybe I should jump back.

It will be on the October ps+ games. The remastered version make a great game even better.

I beat it once and ps3 and bought it again and played it on ps4 so my wife could watch. She liked it as much as I do. She asked me if I'd buy 2 and play it so she could watch, of course i was going to. I prefer ordered the special edition from bestbuy today.

MayauMiao

Ellie's girlfriend is probably going to bite the bullet but I don't mind. I didn't find her likeable and downright annoying. Good to see old man Joel.

When I saw Joel I was so happy, in fact I would have preferred if he was the main protagonist, everything else seems amazing... I almost regret watching this trailer, I should be on TLoU2 blackout until release.

We really are the last of us.
- Joel

First game: Ok, so in the dlc we are going to subtly expose the psyche of our main character, and how in this apocalyptic and desolated land, she finds solace, protection and a reason to feel alive in her best friend, Riley, who tragically dies. This is how we learn that our main character is in fact immune to the virus.

Second game: OH we full on gay now, bitches! Gay rampage coming thru! bam gay kiss! first scene, bam "how was all that tongue action, am i rite?"

I love the last of us. But come on, this is poor writing.
Having gay characters is not what makes "poor writing", having characters that have no believable motivation will do this, having badly written conversations, characters that aren't somehow relatable can be caused by poor writing - but as of now if there is someone that is the best at writing that kind of deep stories with fleshed out characters, in a video game, this is Neil Druckmann.

However, I'm fairly sure Uncharted 4 would have been better if he did not touch it - but I have no proof and no contact at ND - so who knows.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Rdr 2 looked more impressive, i haven't seen anything jaw dropping in this trailer
If it means Last of Us 2 will be actually fun to play I take that over more "impressive visuals" any day. R* puts so much detail in their world but they completely forget they actually making video games, so the actual gameplay part is not fun and pain in the ass to control.

MayauMiao

Probably the reason she wore gas mask in the trailer because of weaken immunity?

I'm paying extra for the digital version on this one, here in Australia digital is $99.95 AUD through PS Store or physical copy is $69 AUD in retail store on release day so it sucks but.. I've been increasingly annoyed lately with having to swap discs to play another game. I think GamePass has me spoiled and had bought a few things on sale on the PS Store which I have been switching to and from so having to put in a disc to play a game is such effort lol

I feel bad judging you for how you spend your money but...not having to switch discs, which requires a minimum of effort, is worth $30 extra to you? That's fuckin mental.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
This is not relatable or realistic in the least. It's actually aggressively bad. In this setting gays wouldn't be much of a thing especially amongst the people that are frickin' immune! Humans are struggling to survive, but she's in love so it's okay that someone with immunity will never reproduce. Lol.

What makes you think other people in her camp know she is immune? Why would she advertise that? She's already a young female in a post apocalyptic setting; no need to put a bigger target on herself. The fact that she is wearing a gas mask in one scene proves this may well be the case.

If they saw that giraffe now, they would probably eat it

This is Ellie, not Big Boss :p

It was pretty obvious from the Left Behind DLC that the relationship between Ellie and Riley was no mere friendship. Even the previous trailer made it very clear that Ellie and Dina were in a relationship. Honestly, fans of the game who still believed that Ellie was straight at this point are either homophobes in denial or really stupid. Possibly both.
I thought that she was bi-curious and I assumed they would have found a cure by now.

C’mon now, did you even play the first one?

I did. That video was staged. If you want to believe it was live gameplay it's all good man, I'm not here to be a downer. But it was totally staged.

A ton of that was implemented in the first one, but they are very nice animations and a step up for sure. Oh course, they setup the best case scenario for the video.

Naughty Dogs are tops in the industry when it comes to animation and overall production. I'm expecting TLOU 2 to be polished to an unbelievable degree. It will play smooth as butter. But that E3 clip was 100% not actual gameplay, I bet my left nut on that.

Top Bottom