• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Releasing On February 21st, 2020 | New Trailer

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
First game: Ok, so in the dlc we are going to subtly expose the psyche of our main character, and how in this apocalyptic and desolated land, she finds solace, protection and a reason to feel alive in her best friend, Riley, who tragically dies. This is how we learn that our main character is in fact immune to the virus.

Second game: OH we full on gay now, bitches! Gay rampage coming thru!bam gay kiss! first scene, bam "how was all that tongue action, am i rite?"

I love the last of us. But come on, this is poor writing.

Most story plots are basic.

Save the world.

Get the infinity stones and save the world.

Looks like you played more of the game than anyone else lol

Dada55000

I had this in my mind since the last trailer, she looks like Kevin Spacey.
You’ve got to give her some stakes to take away, even if it makes you uncomfortable. It was established she likes the ladies. Rewriting her as straight would be dumb at this point
Not a single sentence you wrote related in any way to the content of the post you are responding to.

"Writing is poor and unsubtle."->"You want to make her straight?"

DanielsM

Banned
Looks solid, need to see more.... assuming previews later in the week. I does appear that the camera is closer to the player.

I'm going to be honest, Ellie didn't look like she was really into The Kiss, just saying. Now Arnold Horshack was definitely down with it.

kot44.jpg

Dr Kaneda

Is that the final cover art? Close up of Ellie's snarling face with splatters of blood on it? Looks terrible. Death Stranding and TLoU2, Sony's 2 biggest upcoming games both having dreadful box art.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Its on PS+ next month so yes.
Don't get me wrong, I already own the PS3 original and the PS4 remaster (physical copies).

I played through the first sequence as the old guy (Joel?) and it was pretty cool but I never really got much farther than that.

Shagger

Banned
First game: Ok, so in the dlc we are going to subtly expose the psyche of our main character, and how in this apocalyptic and desolated land, she finds solace, protection and a reason to feel alive in her best friend, Riley, who tragically dies. This is how we learn that our main character is in fact immune to the virus.

Second game: OH we full on gay now, bitches! Gay rampage coming thru!bam gay kiss! first scene, bam "how was all that tongue action, am i rite?"

I love the last of us. But come on, this is poor writing.

It was pretty obvious from the Left Behind DLC that the relationship between Ellie and Riley was no mere friendship. Even the previous trailer made it very clear that Ellie and Dina were in a relationship. Honestly, fans of the game who still believed that Ellie was straight at this point are either homophobes in denial or really stupid. Possibly both.

Holy shit that is an atrocious cover art, it's one of the worst ever for a AAA game. Other than that, yeah, I really loved the first one when I played it so I'm definitely getting this. I'm not a huge ND fan these days and Uncharted 4 left me totally unimpressed so I'm not very hyped.

It definitely does not look as impressive as the ultra polished (that is speculated to be somewhat faked) E3 footage.

That E3 footage was staged as fuck and anyone who thought that was 'live' gameplay should feel ashamed.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Even the previous trailer made it very clear that Ellie and Dina were in a relationship.

Hmmm, the first one had Dina just exiting a relationship with the guy.

Of course the reason they might break up could be the new found sexuality?? Doesn;t really matter though in the grand scheme. I found it interesting that Joel was in the town from the first trailer watching over her and the patrols. Yet in this one it looks as though she speaks to Tommy more and Joel sort of appears as though he has been missing.

Verdanth

The twist is, not her girlfriend gets shot there but Joel. She can't cope, goes on a revenge spree while creating a Joel image in her head traveling with her.

Hope you are right, because the idea of girlfriend gets shot, she goes on a killing spree rampage is not very tempting story wise.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Only part in the trailer that looks a dull in terms of graphics is the snow area, likely due to lightning.

Anyone shouting downgrade basically ignored the other parts of the trailer.

DanielsM

Banned
Holy shit that is an atrocious cover art, it's one of the worst ever for a AAA game. Other than that, yeah, I really loved the first one when I played it so I'm definitely getting this. I'm not a huge ND fan these days and Uncharted 4 left me totally unimpressed so I'm not very hyped.

That E3 footage was staged as fuck and anyone who thought that was 'live' gameplay should feel ashamed.

Agree with the cover art comment, and I'm kind meh on UC4 myself.

Disagree on the E3 footage, meaning or implying fake.... I would not be surprised by a slight image quality hit though.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Joel looks amazing. Cant believe people thought The Halo Infinite guy looked next gen. Both character models look stunning but very current gen as far as cutscene models are concerned. Anyway, if games look this good now i cant even imagine how good next gen character models will look.

48790086617_ee14e9d0ac_o.png

Not feeling it from that trailer at all. looks gorgeous, but the gameplay seems to be very linear and scripted.
there are at least two pretty large open world/hub world like areas in the trailer. doesnt seem linear to me.

Last edited:

Kabelly

I think the most disappointing thing about these newer games on PS4 is that their remastered counterparts are all 60fps (Uncharted Collected/TLOU) but then we get back down to 30fps for their next gen releases. I get why but it was very disappointing going from the collection to UC4 back then.

Shagger

Banned
Hmmm, the first one had Dina just exiting a relationship with the guy.

Of course the reason they might break up could be the new found sexuality?? Doesn;t really matter though in the grand scheme. I found it interesting that Joel was in the town from the first trailer watching over her and the patrols. Yet in this one it looks as though she speaks to Tommy more and Joel sort of appears as though he has been missing.

Have you ever engaged in romantic banter, had a slow dance and dance floor snog with your friend with the person they are "with" able to it all it all from the sidelines? I mean seriously, why are people so desperate to believe Ellie is gay that they refuse to see it right in front of them? What will it take to convince you? A Lesbian sex scene that make Duke Nukem blush? What the hell will it take?

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Gay characters = bad writing? lol Okay. Were you by any chance literally shaking with rage as you watched the trailer?

So many people getting triggered. Hilarious shit right here :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
This is my biggest worry as well. I don't understand people that are onboard straight away despite not knowing if ND have improved in that department.

The original won a truckload of GOTY awards and sold great over several years. At some point you have to accept that if you didn't think the game was really good, you're in a tiny minority and as such your opinion doesn't (and shouldn't) count for much.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
This game just seems like straight forced dogshit narratively and character wise. I don’t care who’s coming back. OH SHIT AN IMPORTANT CONVO WITH TOMMY.

Everything about it seems forced and been there.

Oh a snowy opening? Nice I played Red Dead 2 too.

Ultra violence from infected? Sweet, been there with Days Gone which also (calling it now) has a better more interesting narrative.

If I were making a sequel to Last of Us (gun to my fucking head) it would take place in an entirely different part of the country or world with entirely new characters under entirely different circumstances. No slight references for nostalgia. None of that shit.

God this game is going to fucking suck to get through, just like Uncharted 4.

And I’ll totally be buying it.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm trying to use the marks on Ellie's face for timelines. That little scrape on her right cheek. The more I watch it, I'm thinking Ellie and Dina go off. Ellie loses sight of Dina and is looking for her and sees her going off with these groups of other humans/militia. She tries to find 'Dina' and that's when Joel picks her up as he's been watching the patrols she is on. They get split again and eventually stumbles into that cabin where Dina has Joel captive - eventually shooting him and starting off the revenge.

Gonnnnnnna be a long few months to speculate!!!

Agree with the cover art comment, and I'm kind meh on UC4 myself.

Disagree on the E3 footage, meaning or implying fake.... I would not be surprised by a slight image quality hit though.

Look at how enemies reacted and how the scene flowed. No way that was live gameplay man.

Portugeezer

Looks awesome. I didn't know Joel would play a big part, seems like he will tag along for some period of the game.

Seems pretty obvious that they execute her girlfriend in front of her, don't know if she gets raped though...
That is hinted in the trailer, but it could be a bait and switch for trailer purposes.

DanielsM

Banned
Have you ever engaged in romantic banter, had a slow dance and dance floor snog with your friend with the person they are "with" able to it all it all from the sidelines? I mean seriously, why are people so desperate to believe Ellie is gay that they refuse to see it right in front of them? What will it take to convince you? A Lesbian sex scene that make Duke Nukem blush? What the hell will it take?

Duh.

“I Would Say When the Nipple Makes its First Appearance”
- Jerry Seinfeld

Top Bottom