• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Leak Suggests Multiplayer Will Include Battle Royale Mode

kyliethicc

Are we all about to find out we play as Abby in the multiplayer?
Nah lol from the leaks it looks like it’s more generic user made characters. They were using NPC models as temps it looked like.

Really old footage did feature what looked like Ellie’s model, but that was super early. Not indicative of anything.

Nah lol from the leaks it looks like it’s more generic user made characters. They were using NPC models as temps it looked like.

Really old footage did feature what looked like Ellie’s model, but that was super early. Not indicative of anything.
I know, it was a joke. My point is that the multiplayer should be all about gameplay, I don't see a point in hiding it, specially when people actually pre-ordered TLoU2 or even bought the game thinking they would get the multiplayer component later, I don't think Sony ever made it clear that it wouldn't be like that to this day.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

I know, it was a joke. My point is that the multiplayer should be all about gameplay, I don't see a point in hiding it, specially when people actually pre-ordered TLoU2 or even bought the game thinking they would get the multiplayer component later, I don't think Sony ever made it clear that it wouldn't be like that to this day.
Nope. They said the multiplayer was not included in September 2019, before pre orders.

People bought a singleplayer game. Clear as day.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Correct, I miss remembered when they made that clear. They are off the hook.
As to showing it early, idk.

1 - It’s probably buggy as fuck right up til near ship date. So that’s be bad to show, if so.

2 - Apex Legends was shadow dropped and hit big. People have to play it. Pre-release talk does little.

As to showing it early, idk.

1 - It’s probably buggy as fuck right up til near ship date. So that’s be bad to show, if so.

2 - Apex Legends was shadow dropped and hit big. People have to play it. Pre-release talk does little.
I'm dying to see it, PUBG was the last multiplayer I cared about but the dev sucked and couldn't properly develop the game. I could never get into the other ones.

TLoU2 gameplay is truly great, this game has some serious potential.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I didn't play much of the first one, but I hear a lot of ppl liked it.

I'm interested in how ND will separate their BR mode from other BR modes.

I think there's a decent chance it's a DayZ competitor rather than a BR.

Hard for me to envision what a standard TLoU2 BR looks like that's competitive.

I think there's a decent chance it's a DayZ competitor rather than a BR.

Hard for me to envision what a standard TLoU2 BR looks like that's competitive.
Oh... never thought about that. That would be pretty interesting actually. Hopefully we see something soonish, they've been pretty quite about it for awhile.

kyliethicc

I meant competitive in terms of the market. I don't think Sony would give them 4 years to do a more polished PUBG.
Oh well I doubt that’s the only mode. There’s seemingly some kind of co-op / PvE thing, too.

I think Sony mainly just want a way to keep the IP alive long term and try to make some MTX money off the hardcore fans.

Maybe they want to do yearly paid story expansions like Destiny, idk.

But I doubt it’s gonna be some sorta esport or whatever.

Justin9mm

It's been a while TLOU2 released, it's weird and unusual that a online mode of game releases 3 years after the original game.
It is a little weird being 3 years but in usual Naughty Dog style they don't rush shit out because of promised deadlines. This is the mistake most other developers do, they cut corners to get shit out and it ends up being shit. I bet you it will most likely be the most polished multiplayer you've ever played!

Justin9mm

I don't understand why this game gets the hate that it does, because I really enjoyed it from start to finish. For me, it was the highlight of the initial stage of the pandemic, which nobody would have comfortably gotten through without something good to play.

The flashback scenes did get a bit plentiful a few hours in, but I otherwise liked every part of it. I honestly cannot wait for Part III, or another entry in the series, if this is how Naughty Dog does their games.
People love to hate and shit on things. It's a bi product of ones own insecurities. The amount of hate over any fictional video game is embarrassing to say the least.

Top Bottom