• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Leak Suggests Multiplayer Will Include Battle Royale Mode

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

While fans wait for more information on The Last of Us 2's multiplayer mode, a leaker has potentially found evidence that points to a battle royale mode.

Modder Speclizer has pulled files from The Last of Us 2 that hint at a battle royale mode could be in the works for the game. The strings make reference to words commonly associated with the battle royale genre and outright include "battle royale," though it must be stressed that this does not mean that a BR mode will actually make its way into the game. In fact, there have been rumors to suggest that while The Last of Us 2 multiplayer was going to feature a battle royale at some point that plans have changed. Really it's anyone's guess until Naughty Dog decides to properly reveal the game.

Markio128

Incredulous Bill Murray GIF by reactionseditor

"Restore Oxygen" yoooooo, what the fuck is going on with that concept?

Is it going to be like they have mask or tanks on and spores are all over the place and they need to collect air or some shit?

Maybe the circle closing in is the infected zone

I keep forgetting this was expected to have multiplayer.

So... is this just going to be a stand alone title at this point?

Yes

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
I don't wanna be 'that guy'. But this game HAS to be like the second coming of Christ. Like, an unprecedented multiplayer gaming experience in every front. (Especially content and they way is presented to the player).

I mean, The very own Jymbo is whom basically implied that PlayStation games are the 'caviar' of the industry.

Let's see....cuz anything below that, would be disappointing.

SSfox

'Caviar' ain't free.
You can allow to make Caviar free, if you have paid DLCs et MTX behind. If they'll try to sell an Online game with 70 or even 40 bucks i don't think it will work. Specially now that TLOU2 is already ancient history (supposing this a TLOU2 online mode). I can see it paid tho but should be free for the owners of TLOU2 game.

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
You can allow to make Caviar free, if you have paid DLCs et MTX behind. If they'll try to sell an Online game with 70 or even 40 bucks i don't think it will work. Specially now that TLOU2 is already ancient history (supposing this a TLOU2 online mode). I can see it paid tho but should be free for the owners of TLOU2 game.
Tell that to Jimbo.

elliot5

TLOU Factions was fun for a little and I know it had its die hard fans, but the gameplay is so heavy and slow I don’t really see it having a lot of sticking power esp if it isnt f2p 🤷‍♂️A br mode would work with the gameplah and scavenging of TLOU but who knows. Could be fresh

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
It's been a while TLOU2 released, it's weird and unusual that a online mode of game releases 3 years after the original game.
its not unusual, because this will be a standalone spin off. its basically a new game.

kyliethicc

Who cares about TLOU2 Online mode at this point?

like 15 minutes later…

It's been a while TLOU2 released, it's weird and unusual that a online mode of game releases 3 years after the original game.
Nobody will care if it won't be F2P

lol

drezz

Maybe some areas/buildings with higher tier loot is infected with spores from dead infected, or if it has PVE as well as PVP then I guess infected walking around.

Dont have a mask with filters?
Camp outside until some enemies does and take them out as they leave.
Hoping they do a Apex reveal, Just release it day 1 on announcment.
Maybe during "E3" ?
If not, I'd guess when Lou series comes out next year, which would suck.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
whatever.gif

I get you point and i know Jimbo loves money, that's why i think it should be F2P. Those kind of multiplayer games in general have more chance to succeed as F2P with MTX, than a fully priced games.
I wonder what strategy are they going to use for the game.

I can see them going both ways tho.

Ryu Kaiba

Battle Royal mode sounds like it would be fun. Stealthing around a big map scavenging and taking out enemies. Sure is taking awhile tho.

Reactions: Isa

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Who cares about TLOU2 Online mode at this point?

There are more than 15 gameplay videos of TLOU MP uploaded on YouTube within the past week, so I'm sure there's a crowd still waiting for Fractions 2 multiplayer to arrive.

anthony2690

Banned
There are more than 15 gameplay videos of TLOU MP uploaded on YouTube within the past week, so I'm sure there's a crowd still waiting for Fractions 2 multiplayer to arrive.
Ranging from 0 views to 1.6k views.

That being said why would some one upload a video for tlou factions in 2022 XD

Battle royale mode is what is created to stop campers in open servers because private servers have been banned/removed.

I wish devs would go back to private servers with Vote to Kick options.

Venuspower

This was probably before they rebooted

Wasn't there another leak a few weeks ago that said exactly that? Originally, a battle royal mode was planned for Factions 2. Until Naughty Dog escalated again and Factions 2 became a real open world game?

SLB1904

Banned
Wasn't there another leak a few weeks ago that said exactly that? Originally, a battle royal mode was planned for Factions 2. Until Naughty Dog escalated again and Factions 2 became a real open world game?
Yeah something like that, I don't put much value on this leak tbh

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
I don't understand why this game gets the hate that it does, because I really enjoyed it from start to finish. For me, it was the highlight of the initial stage of the pandemic, which nobody would have comfortably gotten through without something good to play.

The flashback scenes did get a bit plentiful a few hours in, but I otherwise liked every part of it. I honestly cannot wait for Part III, or another entry in the series, if this is how Naughty Dog does their games.

I want this, but please change the IP if it's going to include things like jumping from a plane and circles.

The gameplay is a perfect fit for this but the IP isn't.

Tarkov style supply raids would be a better fit.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
BR's hasn't seen a decline in userbase yet. More and more play BR's every day.

At this point it's a bulletproof gamemode, if the IP has a strong backbone.

If Halo Infinite came with BR, the massive player decline wouldn't have happened.

Top Bottom