• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Devs Explain How They Managed to Achieve Such Realistic Eyes

THEAP99

Banned
Yeah, I actually love TLOU II, way more than GoW. But if you make me choose one to play again there's no fucking way I would chose TLOU II. Just the thought of playing for 40 hours and watching that story all over again tires me down.
But the game isn't even 40 hours. What? Lol

I'm replaying the game on the PS5 now, it's amazing how the game looks vibrant while being so dark and gloomy, the eyes are only a small part of the equation.

How did that turn in a Nintendo thread? if should be a Sega thread!
virtua-fighter-600x420.png

or a PC Master Race thread:
7pv2arahkh901.png

You can see the fear when the boxer is about to be knocked out in these eyes!

Someone has to put this in the PC port!

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Naughty dog games are all about the stories but for once their graphics could really be the crucial piece on their games. I don’t want to hear about Nintendo and not taking graphics seriously, what’s wrong is we haven’t had a realistic Link since Twilight Princess because he’s being held hostage by “art styles” Twilight Princess shows Nintendo is capable of being a graphical powerhouse.

Lethal01

what’s wrong is we haven’t had a realistic Link since Twilight Princess because he’s being held hostage by “art styles” Twilight Princess shows Nintendo is capable of being a graphical powerhouse.

I don't see this as something wrong. I'm happy every time we see a new stylized Link. I'd be disappointed if they went realistic even if it were literally naughty dog level.

Lethal01

Yes and they all look great I acknowledge it. TLOU2 just seems to bring it together even tighter where gameplay and cutscene are practically inseparable.

E.g You bust through a doorway escaping some gruelling shootout and the camera just pulls back or zooms in on a cg quality character clearly stressed emphasising the story telling like nothing else out there.

What’s remarkable is the quality of the assets seen without any load, cut away, camera angle change, etc. Totally seamless.

Nothing previously struck me as profoundly.

I remember a decent amount of scenes fron FF7 remake that do it just as well. but i'll agree it's more common in the last of us.

Ellery

Thanks for sharing.

Naughty Dog is just too good. How they managed to make a game look that good on the PS4 hardware I will never understand. Magic.

Top Bottom