• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of All Downloadable Games Duke Nukem 3D XBLA Official Thread

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Fricken' Hurricane Ike has had my cable broadband knocked out since it arrived and the front office said service is expected to restore on Wednesday. If so, it will be a happy, happy day indeed.

Bought, 3DRealms, oh so bought.

sankao

Oh wow. I just realized that you can download videos from other player and jump into them.

you can download videos from other player and jump into them

FightyF

Banned
Blu_LED said:
Why is this not on PSN? WHY!!!!!!!

jacktretton_2.jpg

Que up "games that no one wants to play" audio clip from E3 08.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Blu_LED said:
Why is this not on PSN? WHY!!!!!!!

Oh right, I forgot to address this niggling yet annoying issue.

why is Duke Nukem 3D only for the XBLA they ask. As it happens I have the answer to this.

From the Stick of Joy:

X08: Duke Nukem 3D coming to XBLA 'sometime in September'

18 Comments by Xav de Matos Aug 21st 2008 2:56PM

In an interview with Xbox representative Jason Ing, it was revealed to Joystick that Duke Nukem 3D, developed by 3D Realms, has passed certification and is expected to release "sometime in September." The Xbox Live Arcade revival, which sports the same minimal graphical enhancements as Doom did on the service, is being published by Microsoft and is an exclusive release for the platform.

There you have it, Duke Nukem 3D is not coming to the PSN because 3D Relams gave publishing rights to this version to Microsoft. Now, I am going to nail this bit of info to the OP and that should be the end of this obnoxious whining about how this game isn't on another service. Don't like it, go buy Wipeout HD or something, there is little that can be done.

PatzCU

I don't think this has been asked yet. I can't remember how Duke3D controlled, but I want to say it was one of the first games that I had to use the mouse with to 'free-look'. Does anyone know if this is a free-look shooter using the controller or is it more like Doom on XBLA where basically it autoaims completely?

I hope its free-look.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
PatzCU said:
I don't think this has been asked yet. I can't remember how Duke3D controlled, but I want to say it was one of the first games that I had to use the mouse with to 'free-look'. Does anyone know if this is a free-look shooter using the controller or is it more like Doom on XBLA where basically it autoaims completely?

I hope its free-look.
http://www.shackvideo.com/?id=12789

Yeah, it's free-look.

sevenchaos said:
Tonight is going to be so awesome.

Eight player coop group: are we playing tonight when it releases or tomorrow?

That's right, it goes up tonight. I forgot that. I'm a night owl so I'll be looking for it.

Mar

I'll give this one a miss. I finished it back in the day. But the thought of playing the Build engine, one of the only quasi 3D engines that would ever give me motion sickness, on a large TV.. It's already making me feel ill just thinking about it.

Besides that. It was a fun game, but never really did anything for me. I pretty much played every FPS game that came out back in those days and nothing came close to DOOM and Quake.

Teknoman

sevenchaos said:
Tonight is going to be so awesome.

Eight player coop group: are we playing tonight when it releases or tomorrow?

Dunno about you guys but im gonna have to get some rest, then wake up early tomorrow and download it (well its midnight now, but still im going to sleep in abit).

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
PseudoKirby said:
we got 4 hours

MS releases Content at 2AM PST

its 11PM PST...

I can't fight two Tylenol PMs that long! Dammit Duke, looks like you'll be assaulting me with your 90's-brand humor tomorrow. :(

Teknoman said:
Dunno about you guys but im gonna have to get some rest, then wake up early tomorrow and download it (well its midnight now, but still im going to sleep in abit).
Right I think I'm gonna do the same. I'm off tomorrow. So I'll be gaming most of the day. Joy. :D

PseudoKirby said:
we got 4 hours

its 11PM PST...

crap, I guess I lost the ability to count from checking out all these FD's online....

lol too late to get away with editing now... too many people already quoted meh :lol

Thermite

PseudoKirby said:
we got 3 hours

its 11PM PST...

Oh shit, I wish I would have saw this post earlier. I was hoping it'd release within the hour...I don't think I can make it another hour. Dammit. *looks over at bed*

Yeah, I'll just have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to play it. :(

Gowans

downloading and setting up a 8 player, will inv you guys from the list but if theres spaces I'll fill em up

Gowans

sent out 8 invited for co-op either people are dowloadning or just not around, if you've got it ping me and I'll bash you a inv

Eccocid

God knows how many hours we spend on first 2 levels of this game via LAN with my friend many moons ago. We used to live in same building, his flat was at 9th floor and mine is at 3rd we had lan cable going out from window LOL. We used to play this and red alert all the time!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It's region-locked. I can't download it despite having a U.S. account. :/

Lyte Edge said:
It's region-locked. I can't download it despite having a U.S. account. :/
Are you saying those in the US can't actually get it? I was able to download it with my US account, but I'm in Europe.

Lyte Edge

Finncognito said:
Are you saying those in the US can't actually get it? I was able to download it with my US account, but I'm in Europe.

No, I mean those outside the U.S. But you say you got it? WTF?! :lol I am using a U.S. account in Japan; maybe it's just locked out here.

Such bullshit.

Spirit3

Downloading as we speak, or type. Gamertag is TheVeilrae (think it's different to what I have in my profile). Anyway, if you're keen send me an invite. Otherwise I'll just relive old, cherished memories baby!

Gowans

had a good hour with fighty but alas work has called.

Ill be on when I get back on Fri if anyone wants a run through

Lyte Edge

Yup, banned in Germany and Japan. Thanks 3D Realms for not making the U.S. version a region-free download. :/

Ooooohh better netcode then Castle Crashers. Castle Crashers you have been given notice! Good thing is I haven't given myself a headache while playing yet, which I sometimes get playing Doom on my TV. I've noticed the scary thing is that I have not lost my touch and remember ever single hidden area in the game despite not playing this game for years.

AZ Greg

Illuminati said:
I've noticed the scary thing is that I have not lost my touch and remember ever single hidden area in the game despite not playing this game for years.

Haha, I'm the same way.

So far so good with the netcode.

Also, I still tend to blow myself up with the RPG when I run passed a mirror. :\ :lol

dejay

Banned
Eccocid said:
God knows how many hours we spend on first 2 levels of this game via LAN with my friend many moons ago. We used to live in same building, his flat was at 9th floor and mine is at 3rd we had lan cable going out from window LOL. We used to play this and red alert all the time!

That's awesome :D

omg last 3 hours melted away with this game

ahh the memories

but time for sleep

also, why the hell would it be banned in japan, they are more laid back on standards than we

I just purchased it. Fantastic, I'm nearly drowning in nostalgia.
I can't believe I still remember where all of the secrets are.

And the lame-ass sound bytes!

*Walks up to Duke arcade game*
"I don't have time to play with myself"

Awful and awesome at the same time.

It takes me bak to when I was a 14 year old gamer.
If I could have run this so smoothly on my old computer back then I would have pissed myself.

voltron

Games like this make me sad. Im playing it and memories of when I was 14/15/16 come flooding back. I was a different person... less cynical, tears

voltron said:
Games like this make me sad. Im playing it and memories of when I was 14/15/16 come flooding back. I was a different person... less cynical, tears

Don't you hate when that happens.....makes ya wish you had a Delorian.

Top Bottom