• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Jazz Thread

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
New black midi is nuts. This is not the jazz you're looking for. But if loud, crazy, jazz-inspired experimental rock sounds fun to you, give it a go. Try Welcome to Hell first.

Kev Kev

legendary tune and performance by one of the greatest jazz duos in the history of the art form. these two were a match made in jazz heaven. they couldnt record anything wrong in their time together, and many great musicians since the 1940s can trace a lot of their roots back to one of these two cats. make sure you check out gillespie's solo on this tune. its insane

poodaddy

Gold Member
Just wanna say this and the metal thread are my favorites on the board. Thanks for posting guys, gives me great new avenues to further explore the genres.

GeekyDad

220px-RomanticWarrior.jpg

Though I could live without some of Al Di Meola's solo work, the album is really quite wonderful. The combination of players, the quality of the sound engineering. Used to listen to it over and over again when I was a kid.

Kev Kev

Ah, yes! One of my all time favorite GAF threads. So many great tunes in here. Here's another one to get things started again. And who better to start with than the two most famous jazz musicians of all time, Charlie "Bird" Parker on saxophone and Miles Davis on trumpet. For some reason I just want to cook dinner to this tune lol. Enjoy!

Some of these recordings are coming up on 75 years old, if they haven't reached that milestone already. Crazy to think how long jazz has endured and thrived.

Last edited:
Top Bottom