• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The internet is… enjoying Resident Evil Village's extremely tall vampire lady

SSfox

She seemed cool to me since first time of her appearance, but i'm liking her the more they show of her. She looks awesome and love her personality too (she also give me a bit of excella gionna vibes)

The game overall seems really great, i wan't much excited as i'm not big of the 1st person direction, but gotta admit it looks quite great overall, the art design of the places (mansion, village and cie), characters and monster design amazing, that tall woman, the weird sorceress girls, the dude that looks like Bloodborne guy, the gameplay seems fine for a 1st person view, seems there are some cool ala RE weapons. You can really feel the guys are passionate about what they do, while not everything is perfect but glad to see Capcom back on their feets on those recents years. We need more awesome games from Japanese devs.

Hudo

I feel almost stupid asking this after bio weapon T-Rex... But what has this got to do with RE?

Why the hell isn't RE7 and RE8 (VILLage is 8, right?) a new IP, like The Evil Within or something?
because RE5 was "meh" and RE6 sucked, so Capcom changed direction for RE7 and that worked well. That's my guess, at least. I really liked RE7.

SSfox

I feel almost stupid asking this after bio weapon T-Rex... But what has this got to do with RE?

Why the hell isn't RE7 and RE8 (VILLage is 8, right?) a new IP, like The Evil Within or something?
Because it wouldn't sell. Haunting Ground or Dino Crisis are examples of that.

Because it wouldn't sell. Haunting Ground or Dino Crisis are examples of that.
But Dino Crisis released in 1999 and Haunting Ground in 2005. Quite a long time ago now. And Dino Crisis must have sold well enough to warrant 2 sequels and a spin off.

Last edited:

EDMIX

because RE5 was "meh" and RE6 sucked, so Capcom changed direction for RE7 and that worked well. That's my guess, at least. I really liked RE7.

Agreed, but I'd say they more so went back to roots with RE7 then changed direction. I'd argue RE4-6 are a change in direction even more so if you consider the removal of limited ammo and health and giving the ability to buy weapons, less puzzles etc.

RE7 at its core is the old school RE concept of , go to 2 large ass locations, puzzles, locked rooms, back tracking, limited ammo, health, finding weapons vs purchasing etc. With how much I didn't care for the RE4-6 changes, having first person if it meant having the majority of the RE concepts back was a fair trade.

RE7 is easily in my top 5 favorite horror games, so RE8 is an easy day 1.

Hudo

Agreed, but I'd say they more so went back to roots with RE7 then changed direction. I'd argue RE4-6 are a change in direction even more so if you consider the removal of limited ammo and health and giving the ability to buy weapons, less puzzles etc.

RE7 at its core is the old school RE concept of , go to 2 large ass locations, puzzles, locked rooms, back tracking, limited ammo, health, finding weapons vs purchasing etc. With how much I didn't care for the RE4-6 changes, having first person if it meant having the majority of the RE concepts back was a fair trade.

RE7 is easily in my top 5 favorite horror games, so RE8 is an easy day 1.
You are actually correct, IMHO. They went back to the roots with RE7. RE4 is where the series changed direction, so to speak.

niilokin

She seemed cool to me since first time of her appearance, but i'm liking her the more they show of her. She looks awesome and love her personality too (she also give me a bit of excella gionna vibes)

The game overall seems really great, i wan't much excited as i'm not big of the 1st person direction, but gotta admit it looks quite great overall, the art design of the places (mansion, village and cie), characters and monster design amazing, that tall woman, the weird sorceress girls, the dude that looks like Bloodborne guy, the gameplay seems fine for a 1st person view, seems there are some cool ala RE weapons. You can really feel the guys are passionate about what they do, while not everything is perfect but glad to see Capcom back on their feets on those recents years. We need more awesome games from Japanese devs.
Took bit off her mystery IMO hearing her talking on the phone and sounding like a regular stressed out woman.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

public GIF

Kuranghi

You can actually find this hidden in one of the bedrooms the demo:

90797814135e49f68a55913f23f5c020.jpg

I really like the design overall I definitely noticed her boobies but I didn't actually examine how giant they were until the internet did a jazz over them. Even my joke image isn't accurate they are like literal basketballs lol

I don't enjoy that. I'm very much dead inside when it comes to feel something about characters in videogames by their looks. If you ask me about that and take a look inside of me you'd only see a void.

Like when people went crazy about that lady in Cyberpunk 2077, Panam? I don't know, i haven't played that shit. And i was like, seriously dude, you're loosing your mind about an ass of a computer generated fat woman.

I mean, i'm too old for that kind of entusiasm.

RE5 had a great setting though, I will give it that. Usually horror is always at night time but RE5 took the risk of trying to set a horror game in the day and while it felt more like an action game than a horror game I did get a sense of tension that it was hot, exhausting and stressful for the characters with nowhere to run. The "noise" filter should have been unlocked from the start in my opinion, it really ups the atmosphere.

I actually got my account suspended on Gamefaqs for stating that I think the tall lady looks kinda like a dude in a lot of the screenshots I've seen of her.

"Actual feminine women who are 50+ years of age."

"An old dude, probably."

"Notice the drastic difference in facial bone structure? Do you see how wide and broad that face is compared to those real women up above!? I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, Capcom has done this before.
He sure was a lot prettier though!"

^That's pretty much all I said.

https://i.imgur.com/Xk2Zb4G.jpg
^I love all of the fan art that "fixes" what's up top above her milk mounds though.

Last edited:
I actually got my account suspended on Gamefaqs for stating that I think the tall lady looks kinda like a dude in a lot of the screenshots I've seen of her.

"An old dude, probably."

"Notice the drastic difference in facial bone structure? Do you see how wide and broad that face is compared to those real women up above!? I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, Capcom has done this before.

^I love all of the fan art that "fixes" what's up top above her milk mounds though.

Are you high?

Pantz

Gold Member

"An old dude, probably."

Dunno why you posted cat video with that but I'm a fan of Claire Luvcat too! Those kitties are so cute <3

OneBigPuss

I don't understand the love, you degenerates. Amazonian milf stretchmarks? Vampires?

This shit isnt Resident Evil.
There is always explanation in RE games when it comes to "paranormal" stuff. It's always some sort of a virus, mutation, parasite so it will be the same here. It's a red herring.

Top Bottom