• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The internet is… enjoying Resident Evil Village's extremely tall vampire lady

Arachnid

still better than "it's bread" memes that I keep seeing in Silent Hill groups / fanpages

749459.jpg
I don't think it's worse than the Redfield Lineage joke, but I'm not a fan of those memes either. I get its supposed to be making fun of a pointless observation she can make in SH3, but it feels like it was just taken too far as a meme.

And to be fair, we are scratching the bottom of the barrel when it comes to content at this point in the SH fandom. We're desperate. :(

Wait. A vampire? In Resident Evil? On 15th December 2020, I jokingly said in regards to seeing Werewolves:

"Where do we stop? We'll be battling vampires and Dracula soon."

This franchise needs to die off and reboot. It's such a mess now.

Last edited:

Arachnid

Wait. A vampire? In Resident Evil? On 15th December 2020, I jokingly said in regards to seeing Werewolves:

"Where do we stop? We'll be battling vampires and Dracula soon."

This franchise needs to die off and reboot. It's such a mess now.
???

Since when are animal-human hybrid BOWs something new to the series? The multiple different types of Hunters? Those weird insect men in RE6? The Chimeras in RE1? Verdugo in RE4? The bipedal shark monster in Revelations? Whatever the hell U-3 was grafted to in RE4? The Leech Queen in RE0? But you draw the line at human-wolf or human-bat hybrids?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
???

Since when are animal-human hybrid BOWs something new to the series? The multiple different types of Hunters? Those weird insect men in RE6? The Chimeras in RE1? Verdugo in RE4? The bipedal shark monster in Revelations? Whatever the hell U-3 was grafted to in RE4? The Leech Queen in RE0? But you draw the line at human-wolf or human-bat hybrids?
Also...
RE5
re5-popokarimu.png

RERemake
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
???

We're talking about Werewolves and Vampires here. We've gone from a virus/experiments in a lab to Werewolves and Vampires. Yeah, I am drawing a line. Someone should. This franchise's story is so fucked. It needs restarting big time. Again, where do we stop? Let's go even further. Leon will be killing Aliens next. Or Alien/Human hybrids as Resident Evil will call them. Ludicrous. Cameo from Selene from Underworld in the next game.

Last edited:

Arachnid

We're talking about Werewolves and Vampires here. We've gone from a virus/experiments in a lab to Werewolves and Vampires. Yeah, I am drawing a line. Someone should. This franchise's story is so fucked. It needs restarting big time. Again, where do we stop? Let's go even further. Leon will be killing Aliens next. Or Alien/Human hybrids as Resident Evil will call them. Ludicrous. Cameo from Selene from Underworld in the next game.
Except we're not talking about classic werewolves and vampires here. Both of the above have some kind of magical implication. These are BOWs from viruses/experiments, as usual. Beyond that, some hairy athletic men and a tall lady who drinks blood is pretty damn tame by this series standards. This isn't some kind of line they've never crossed and aliens are a FAR cry from this. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. It's like when people saw the creepy disappearing grudge girl in RE7 and starting crying about the franchise taking a paranormal turn (it didn't).

Also, when has RE ever had a good story? The story has always been fucked campy B-movie bullshit. In fact, I'd argue that RE7 was the best they've done on that front.

Last edited:

clintar

I think your argument against just fell apart for me here. Bring on the vampires!

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

If you accepted Las Plagas and a flower in Africa that turns people into zombies, what's the difference.

Oh yeah, let’s keep everything stale in our franchise for the sake of purity. You would be a good businessman in this industry. Going first person wasn’t disqualifying for you? How dare they. Only thing this franchise needs to do in every installment is scare the shit out of you, that’s it. And there needs to be some resident evil in there.

Except we're not talking about classic werewolves and vampires here. Both of the above have some kind of magical implication. These are BOWs from viruses/experiments, as usual. Beyond that, some hairy athletic men and a tall lady who drinks blood is pretty damn tame by this series standards. This isn't some kind of line they've never crossed and aliens are a FAR cry from this. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. It's like when people saw the creepy disappearing grudge girl in RE7 and starting crying about the franchise taking a paranormal turn (it didn't).

Also, when has RE ever had a good story? The story has always been fucked campy B-movie bullshit. In fact, I'd argue that RE7 was the best they've done on that front.
Well, agree to disagree I suppose. I also thought RE7 wasn't good. Also, I probably shouldn't have gone as extrema as Aliens. I should have said The Mummy or Frankenstein's Monster or something. You're right. The story has never been great. It's been ok. It used to make some sort of sense. Now I look at the franchise and I say "This is a fucking mess".

If you accepted Las Plagas and a flower in Africa that turns people into zombies, what's the difference.

Las Plagas is a parasite. There are parasites in real life that take over a host. Parasitic plants also exist in real life I believe so I definitely accept these. Werewolf boys and vampire women shown in this portrayal doesn't make sense in this world. It's not Resident Evil and they don't really fit in in my opinion. If they were some grotesque experiment and looked like an experiment like all BOWs (other than the standard giant animals) I can think of, I'd probably say "that's ok". They instead look like the classic Werewolf and Vampire design we have known for years. Call me crazy, it doesn't work for me. I'll probably still play this at some point but the way RE has been going for a long time now (not including a remake of an already great game), I don't think it will be any great shakes. Fingers crossed though.

Oh yeah, let’s keep everything stale in our franchise for the sake of purity. You would be a good businessman in this industry. Going first person wasn’t disqualifying for you? How dare they. Only thing this franchise needs to do in every installment is scare the shit out of you, that’s it. And there needs to be some resident evil in there.

1: Stale? It's a Werewolf and a Vampire. Creative.
2: Where did I mention anything about first person? RE7 could have been cool. It was a mediocre game unfortunately.
3: RE has never been scary unless you're a small child.

If you guys like it, power to you.

Last edited:
I guess some haven't seen boobs on a video game with a realistic aesthetic in a while and latched on the first one they saw, when the fan """"art""""" changes the most significant part (the face) you know a character ain't that pretty!

The thirst is real.

ksdixon

Isn't she a take on this Japanese horror story about Hachishaku-sama? This ghost with an appearance of a beautiful lady that is actually 8 feet tall (hence the name) and stealing/devouring babies at night?
I feel almost stupid asking this after bio weapon T-Rex... But what has this got to do with RE?

Why the hell isn't RE7 and RE8 (VILLage is 8, right?) a new IP, like The Evil Within or something?

Top Bottom