• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake || PlayStation 5

ryan reynolds hd GIF
rsdntvlynot.gif

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Include all the titles remade plus a gun for 70€

Fucking fools

Tech is ancient and cheap. Just sbsnalkaiewnebebshsbsbebensusshshssnss ed

Last edited:
I still have those glowing ball move controllers with an attachment to make them into a gun. I assume I won’t be able to use them on the PS5. :)

MacReady13

Seeing shit like this really makes me miss the glory days of light gun games on consoles. My PS1 and PS2 and even PS3 were go to consoles for light gun goodness. I’d love to play this but with a light gun.

Everyone saying "where's the VR version" as if taking a 27-year-old game and making it VR is easy.

I appreciate Capcom did it with Resi 4 but this is a relatively small developer (in the grand scheme of things) and you're talking about an on-rails game that likely used a lot of trickery back in the day to keep it running smoothly, most likely involving the instant removal of any scenery/polygons that go-off camera once the player goes past them.

It's not like the developer can just hit a 'VR' button: the game would likely need a complete rebuild so that the entire stage is loaded in at once, not just the sections visible to the player.

The entitlement of some people here, acting as if this is an easy idea and the devs are being idiots to ignore it.

anthony2690

Banned
Typical SEGA shovelware crap that doesn't make since today.
Sega only licensed the ip out.

It's forever entertainment pursuing these ips and putting out these inferior cheap remakes of beloved titles.

They've done Panzer Dragoon what left a lot to be desired, front mission & hotd so far.

I wish I could say I was excited about their upcoming Panzer Dragoon Zwei as I love that game, but I'm not :(

But on the plus side I can the incredible play Panzer Dragoon Orta still and still play the original Sega Saturn Panzer Dragoon via Orta :)

Last edited:

midnightAI

Actually, now I have have thought about it, a VR version wouldn't be trivial. A lot of these games spawn in the enemies just off screen and so are designed to only have the enemies right in front of you. So to make this for VR they would have to completely redesign the levels and also how enemies appear. Not saying it couldn't be done, but its a lot of work and you would need two versions of the game.

Rayderism

Hmm....I already have the PS4 version. There is no free upgrade to the PS5 version. Just looked. Nope. They want another $25.

Hmm....I already have the PS4 version. There is no free upgrade to the PS5 version. Just looked. Nope. They want another $25.
I'm hoping this is a mistake since they announced it would be free on their Twitter a week ago

Nothing surprises me anymore though when it comes to scummy publishers.

Xenon

More like House of the Sent to Die.

Why would anyone release this without a light gun? I wish a one of the big 3 would just throw a bit of cash towards this. Somebody needs to convince them of all the opportunities it will provide for monetization.

nkarafo

The Sinden gun emulates the mouse cursor btw. I have one and it works, but it needs a very delicate setup to perform at 100% and even then its still a tiny bit janky.

keefged4

Okay so according to thier twitter there should be a free PS5 upgrade, but It's still showing as £19.99? Anyone else managed to upgrade at all?

Top Bottom