• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hollywood Reporter: Deadpool Director Shifts to Sony's Sonic the Hedgehog Film

Deadbeat

Banned
More Sonic Mania and less Sonic 2006.
You sonic fans are looking at this the wrong way. The mario bros film (as I saw it as a kid) was a huge piece of shit. But as an adult I realized its an amazing piece of shit. That is what you want. An amazing turd to laugh at. You can either have mediocrity or disaster. Pick disaster. Disaster is always great.

Definitely a positive step, but I can't help but still be nervous at hybrid CG/live action. I'd love to be proven wrong and see the formula done well this time around.

And when's that Shinobi movie dammit.

jambo

The plan is to make a hybrid CG-animated/live-action family film

nysoc48.gif

So my GF and I took her son trick or treating tonight and this napkin was sitting on an empty porch next to a bowl of candy.

RGak2Sk.jpg

Afrikan

it says family film.....but I hope it's similar the darker Sonic cartoon series that was on ABC.

If not...then fuck it and just bring back Jaleel White to do Sonic's Voice for a happy family film. :D

Will Eggman be live-action or animated?

I keeping thinking of Robert De Nero in Rocky and Bullwinkel.

rockybullwinkle.jpg

I wonder if they call him Eggman in the movie?

I like how people keep skipping over the fact that he's executive producing even though it's been mentioned multiple times. Good ol' read-title-and-post jobs.

Guessing Blur was awarded the contract for the CGI work (or at least a portion of it) because of Miller's prior work with the director and Sony decided to push Miller's "Executive Producer" credit for some name recognition to improve confidence and Miller agreed. Doesn't seem like he's actually involved, at least to a noteworthy extent. In other words, it's not really big news but "SPIELBERG DID BAYFORMERS"

Maybe he really wanted a more edgy serious big sequel of deadpool as the rumour said seeing he wants now to make a sonic movie.
I say good riddance if thats the case lol

Pennywise

Fuck.
Wanted to look for a iconic sonic picture as perfect answer on google.The depth of scary Sonic fan material I saw while looking for it, is truly horrifying.
This is coming from someone who already witnessed the abyss that the bad sonic fanart twitter account provided.

Anyway, I still don't get how you would make a movie about fucking Sonic.
Even a franchise that had the necessary depth to deliever a CGI movie, Ratchet and Clank was pretty bad.

Top Bottom