• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The History of Half-Life 2

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

half life garys mod GIF

One of the best game I've ever played.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Loved half life 2 when it came out. Played it on my friends pc all the time. Finished the game on my og Xbox and then played the game and episodes on the orange box in 2007. Such a great game series.

carlosrox

Banned
Great game but the first game is better in nearly every conecievable way.

2 actually disappoints me to this day. There's a lot wrong with it.

I'd be down for a remake actually. The game deserves better than it got. Lot of jank and a lot of flaws.

Again, I still think it's an awesome game but coming off of the first game it was just a step down.

Tschumi

Not sure where "hell" called from, I've heard of worse development cycles lol, and it only took 5 years or so, by today's standards that's snappy haha..

..goat fps

I had SteelSeries,yep, and it was great, yep, until summer came and the glue holding the thumb and finger pads to my mode melted. Back to Logitech.

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
Bought a $400 BFG 6800Gt and $60 HL2 copy(one of the few things I guess I still own and somewhat cherish?) day one and still one of the best days ever.

After buying ram and having to enter lines of code to get the sound right, plus fn steam not connecting half the time, I decided to get it on xbox.

It dropped frames sure, but it was a technical marvel which probably wouldn't have been possible without the hdd. Fantastic pairing.

bender

What time is it?
Disappointing sequel with awful pacing throughout. Ravenholm was easily the highpoint. Thankfully we got Episode 2 which lives up to the quality of the original.

amigastar

I remember being blown away by the graphics and Physics of HL2 by a trailer back in the day.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
One of the few games that I, to this day, can’t enjoy due to motion sickness and I was never able to fix it no matter how much I tinkered with the FOV.

Loope

One of the few games that I, to this day, can’t enjoy due to motion sickness and I was never able to fix it no matter how much I tinkered with the FOV.
A friend of mine had the same problem, while i finished the game 5 or 6 times. The fov is kind of wonky but it doesn't provoke anything in me, he just can't play for more than 10~15 minutes.

Kydd BlaZe

Favorite game of ALL TIME. Greatest game ever made IMO. I remember I couldn’t afford a decent PC at the time, nor was I into PC gaming at all, so I patiently had to wait for the Xbox port (Xbox had some amazing ports of PC games: Doom 3, Riddick, Far Cry Instincts, and HL2 were my favorites at the time), and it did not disappoint.

I can remember following the game, all the trailers and previews, hyped af. Get it launch day and...steam servers are jam packed. Days of error messages. When it finally worked it was all worth it though. Shout out to Gary's Mod too, great way to mess around with the physics game impressed me so much in all the previews leading up to release.

Top Bottom