• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hardcore Diablo2 PSN community is dead and it sucks

BreakOut

My friend and I have gotten to Hell mode on PlayStation on hard-core. I never can find a group Outside of the people that I got there with, it just never happens. when I went to the hard-core PlayStation on discord, well actually it’s just been combined into hard-core, no one has a character and no one has answered yet as to if they are willing to start. (I point this out because not having a group is not for lack of trying, I think this is really the only place I haven’t looked. Aside from Reddit and I’m not making an account there.) I guess there is only one real point of the thread and that’s to seek other people who are playing hard-core or have considered playing hard-core on PlayStation. This is more of a reach out thread than a rant although it likely comes off as both... It really sucks to see, I have no idea if the community in normal mode is alive because I haven’t made a character there yet. That’s probably something I’m going to do soon, But if anyone is willing to start hard-core character you should reach out to me. I’d really like to see that community get bigger, we have two of us that play pretty often and another that jumps on once in a while. So you wouldn’t be going up against shit on your own unless it was by choice.

I know it’s not gonna happen, but there’s this part of me that is holding out hope that they will throw Crossplay in at some point to keep the community going. Let’s be realistic though I’m sure it’s Sony‘s fault, we know how they are with that shit. I know most people don’t play hard-core, and I imagine on console it’s less often than on PC. But it’s a big part of the game, in my opinion, and it sucks that I’m always playing with the same one or two people.

Fake

That was never a community to begin with.

Playing Diablo 2 on PC. Still working. LAN, solo, without connecting to the internet, runs like a dream and can even put mods for resolution.

Do not mistake the old Blizzard behind Diablo 1, Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 with those clowns behind reforged.

Last edited:

BreakOut

That was never a community to begin with.

Playing Diablo 2 on PC. Still working. LAN, solo, without connecting to the internet, runs like a dream and can even put mods for resolution.

Do not mistake the old Blizzard behind Diablo 1, Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 with those clowns behind reforged.
I have literally no idea what you’re talking about.
Edit: if you were saying there isn’t a community you should check out the Discord because it’s quite big for PC. They Even get together to sell the stones of Jordan and spawn Diablo in the world. And the PlayStation community doesn’t seem to be fully dead, the hard-core community pretty is. I have yet to ever join a party. But the normal community still has its own portion of discord. Not large, but existent.
Edit2: i’m guessing you meant resurrected and not Reforged, I’m thinking you’re talking about Warcraft 3 Reforged I’m not really sure what to make of that or what it has to do with the Diablo community.

Last edited:

Fake

I have literally no idea what you’re talking about.
Edit: if you were saying there isn’t a community you should check out the Discord because it’s quite big for PC. They Even get together to sell the stones of Jordan and spawn Diablo in the world. And the PlayStation community doesn’t seem to be fully dead, the hard-core community pretty is. I have yet to ever join a party. But the normal community still has its own portion of discord. Not large, but existent.
Edit2: i’m guessing you meant resurrected and not Reforged, I’m thinking you’re talking about Warcraft 3 Reforged I’m not really sure what to make of that or what it has to do with the Diablo community.

Discord? Dude, why discord matter when you try to play with someone over Playstation Online and don't find nobody?

Yes, the same guys behind Warcraft 3 Reforged abandoned the ideia when get backfired and move on to Diablo 2 Resurrected.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Discord? Dude, why discord matter when you try to play with someone over Playstation Online and don't find nobody?

Yes, the same guys behind Warcraft 3 Reforged abandoned the ideia when get backfired and move on to Diablo 2 Resurrected.
The dudes that did the awesome tony hawk 1&2 remake are begind d2r

the ports are fine.
I tripple dipped. And played 300+ hours.

BreakOut

Why discord… Are you a troll account?

BreakOut

the ports are fine.
I just can’t help but think maybe that dude‘s not a real person I mean his name is literally “fake”.
I think he’s just making up shit as he goes along he clearly doesn’t know who made the game.

Spukc

I just can’t help but think maybe that dude‘s not a real person I mean his name is literally “fake”.
I think he’s just making up shit as he goes along he clearly doesn’t know who made the game.
61VgydxQn2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Show me on this doll on what spots the devs touched you :(

Fake

the ports are fine.

I talking about the forcing internet for playing solo...On a very old game...
I guess you was there when folks here have a bunch of problems trying to play the game.

Why discord… Are you a troll account?
if you were saying there isn’t a community you should check out the Discord because it’s quite big for PC.
?

Last edited:

BreakOut

Anyway.. Just bringing it back to what I originally posted, it sucks that the hard core gameplay mode community is dead on PlayStation. If anyone here does play it hit me up.

Don't talk like that about my bro Fake over a steaming pile of fucking shit like Resurrected. You know why the game is dead? Because it sucks ass, modern Blizzard is the super aids and you should just play old school Diablo 2 like a real goddamn man.

Last edited:

BreakOut

Don't talk like that about my bro Fake over a steaming pile of fucking shit like Resurrected. You know why the game is dead? Because it sucks ass, modern Blizzard is the super aids and you should just play old school Diablo 2 like a real goddamn man.
Definitely need to type harder I can’t hear you.

anthraticus

Banned
The vast majority of people on consoles in these times are what you would call 'flavor of the month' type gamers. Quick to be looking for or move on to the 'next big/hyped up thing'.

Last edited:
I play hardcore on PS5, but only offline. Don't wanna have two weeks playtime go down the drain due to some lag spike or other network problem.

Spukc

I talking about the forcing internet for playing solo...On a very old game...
I guess you was there when folks here have a bunch of problems trying to play the game.

?
Solo was fine. not sure what the issue is.
besides well the normal server issues from basically any launch of a big game.
That was the reason i did an offline char first.
And after i got to level 79 or so i went an online char. My experience with this game was fine.

Damigos

I play hardcore hell on PSN but not online. You dont want to mess your char with these activision servers

Fake

And after i got to level 79 or so i went an online char. My experience with this game was fine.

Fair enough.

BreakOut

The server issues definitely sucked, I feel like it’s under control now. Very occasionally I’ll get a slight rubber band but I haven’t experienced anything too intense. Knock on wood, but I’ve yet yet to lose my character. Since the issues have been fixed the game has been really enjoyable, I do feel like in the beginning what happened left a bad taste in peoples mouths. Especially console gamers.

BreakOut

I play hardcore hell on PSN but not online. You dont want to mess your char with these activision servers
If you ever decide to give it a go let me know. He would be able to supply everything you would need gear wise their normal and nightmare and help with anything. The payoff for us is having another player in Hell mode. Makes it more fun and less risky.

sainraja

People for many games use Discord to talk with and create/setup games with the community.

sircaw

Banned
My friends and i play most nights, just not on hardcore.

We don't even bother looking for groups on normal so it must be a disaster on hardcore.

Its a pity you guys are hardcore as you could of joined us a couple of nights a week for some fun.

fingers crossed they add player difficulty for online esp for consoles, its like a ghost town for public games.

BreakOut

We don't even bother looking for groups on normal so it must be a disaster on hardcore.

Its a pity you guys are hardcore as you could of joined us a couple of nights a week for some fun.

fingers crossed they add player difficulty for online esp for consoles, its like a ghost town for public games.
More than likely after this character gets to level 99 I’m gonna make another one on the normal server. Because exactly what you said, although it sucks that the normal server is dying too. I was hoping there would at least be a community there. There are people on discord for the PlayStation non-HC server, and there seems to be quite a few on there but there is a lot of “does anyone want to play” and then no response. Leads me to believe a lot of people join the game played for a little while and then stopped and don’t even check that channel on Discord now.

Saber

Gold Member
People for many games use Discord to talk with and create/setup games with the community.

And that helps his hardcore problem how?

Unless we're talking about a different hardcore, not sure whats the problem with him. What he was expecting? Lol

Last edited:

smbu2000

Was there ever really a PS hardcore community to begin with?
I’d imagine the people into playing hardcore would mainly be longtime pc players who “upgraded” to D2R or are still using the original D2.

I’m not really into HC myself, but I also didn’t buy D2R and just stuck with my standard copy of D2 (along with mods).

TTOOLL

I play on PS4 because my laptop sucks, it ran the beta but it was terrible. Also, I don't care about the community because I only play offiline and I would NEVER play this game with people I don't know.

Skifi28

Wait, no crossplay? Cooperative games like this and monster hunter is where crossplay really shines, but it seems it's also where they don't bother.

BreakOut

Was there ever really a PS hardcore community to begin with?
I’d imagine the people into playing hardcore would mainly be longtime pc players who “upgraded” to D2R or are still using the original D2.

I’m not really into HC myself, but I also didn’t buy D2R and just stuck with my standard copy of D2 (along with mods).
I don’t know. I always did private games with friends early on. Didn’t want to have loot issues. We all played different classes purposely so we could have variety. But I figured they would be a few other players, I didn’t think it would be massive. But I thought there would be an online presence, it’s not exactly an old game.
So what I found out so far is that the normal online community is existent, it seems to be all right. Not huge, but it seems like there are a lot of games people play together. Judging by discord it’s mostly invite, people create a private game and then invite seven other people they met on discord. So it’s less of a random join. I guess it’s their way of making servers since the game lacks that. At least on Console.
but I’ve always seen Diablo 2 as a multiplayer game and really can’t imagine just sticking with single player. It doesn’t really feel right to me. I know that other people feel different, but I’ve always considered that game as pretty much only online. I honestly don’t think I would play if I couldn’t play with others at all.
Luckily I still have a few friends Who are active in HC and we get together to play. But I just don’t see it growing in the future, and it does suck, maybe if the game gets some crazy discount or PlayStation plus to drive new people. But that’s not going to happen, at least the PlayStation plus part.

BreakOut

And that helps his hardcore problem how?

Unless we're talking about a different hardcore, not sure whats the problem with him. What he was expecting? Lol
There is a dedicated hard-core channel on the discord I belong too, a server with a huge community. They get together quite often and it’s alive and well. It’s just PC players though. I mean it’s for anyone who plays, but it’s really just PC players that are on that channel.
On non HC PlayStation games there are a lot of people that gather there, recent videos of them taking down Diablo, Mephisto and all that shit when it’s in the world. I didn’t even know that stuff could happen, it’s weird to see videos of that.
I think some people think that game is dead and that is very very far from the case. It’s definitely dead on HC console it seems, but it’s not even remotely gone on PC. It would just take a few minutes of looking up the multiple discord servers for that game to know that.
I don’t really understand how people get confused on why discord would be used for a game. Mainly because that was its original and still primary purpose to the best of my knowledge. You’d be hard-pressed to find it a game that doesn’t have a community of some kind on there.

I don’t own a computer, I had my phone hacked once and so I’ve been paranoid ever since when it comes to technology that is extremely open. And technology I don’t understand. I’m not a technical wizard of any kind. But these are the small things that make me wish I had one.

BreakOut

I talked with my friend about that, I think we are going to make normal characters soon. I do want to level cap my assassin in hard-core first. I think I’m 77. But once I make it a normal I’ll hit you up and of course that opens a Discord community replace station as well since it’s still active on normal. But like I said it seems to be all private games, people create an invite straight from Discord.

Saber

Gold Member
There is a dedicated hard-core channel on the discord I belong too, a server with a huge community. They get together quite often and it’s alive and well. It’s just PC players though. I mean it’s for anyone who plays, but it’s really just PC players that are on that channel.
On non HC PlayStation games there are a lot of people that gather there, recent videos of them taking down Diablo, Mephisto and all that shit when it’s in the world. I didn’t even know that stuff could happen, it’s weird to see videos of that.
I think some people think that game is dead and that is very very far from the case. It’s definitely dead on HC console it seems, but it’s not even remotely gone on PC. It would just take a few minutes of looking up the multiple discord servers for that game to know that.
I don’t really understand how people get confused on why discord would be used for a game. Mainly because that was its original and still primary purpose to the best of my knowledge. You’d be hard-pressed to find it a game that doesn’t have a community of some kind on there.

I don’t own a computer, I had my phone hacked once and so I’ve been paranoid ever since when it comes to technology that is extremely open. And technology I don’t understand. I’m not a technical wizard of any kind. But these are the small things that make me wish I had one.

And?

Really, I feel like you keep spamming Discord even though ignoring the fact that you're playing on Hell, the last difficulty, and on hardcore. Big fuck emphasys on that.

Casuals don't give a single fuck about hardcore and pretty much pros don't happen to care about this mode. Mainly because the mode is no fun at all, just an extremelly hard mode for people who just want to risk themselves, aka the ones who like to call everything easy.

So in resume, I don't think it has anything to do with "Sony fault" or anybody fault. Its just theres no reason to play this mode at all, hence why is so little people on it.

sircaw

Banned
I talked with my friend about that, I think we are going to make normal characters soon. I do want to level cap my assassin in hard-core first. I think I’m 77. But once I make it a normal I’ll hit you up and of course that opens a Discord community replace station as well since it’s still active on normal. But like I said it seems to be all private games, people create an invite straight from Discord.
sure thing, my friends and i are playing diablo for the long haul, just hit me up in a few weeks, a month or however long it takes your guys to level some.

Speak to you then

Peace
xxx

BreakOut

And?

Really, I feel like you keep spamming Discord even though ignoring the fact that you're playing on Hell, the last difficulty, and on hardcore. Big fuck emphasys on that.

Casuals don't give a single fuck about hardcore and pretty much pros don't happen to care about this mode. Mainly because the mode is no fun at all, just an extremelly hard mode for people who just want to risk themselves, aka the ones who like to call everything easy.

So in resume, I don't think it has anything to do with "Sony fault" or anybody fault. Its just theres no reason to play this mode at all, hence why is so little people on it.
OK. Thanks for sharing your opinion on which mode you like. I’ll make sure to let everyone know I guess..

Top Bottom