• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Future of Call of Duty: Warzone, Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War

nikos

We finally have details on what the future holds for Warzone, and how it'll integrate with MW and BOCW content. Sounds like they absolutely nailed it, and I'm very excited for what's to come.

Full intel here:
Summary:

Prepare for initial intel on:

· Player Progression: How your player levels and item unlocks are shared.
· Weapon Progression: How weapons are leveled up and attachments are unlocked across the games.
· Operator Selection: How Operators from both franchises interact in the Verdansk combat zone.
· Battle Pass Integration: How this system synchronizes across the games.
· Store Access: How to purchase additional in-game content, and where it is accessible.

WZ-FUTURE-INFO-002.jpg

WZ-FUTURE-INFO-003.jpg

WZ-FUTURE-INFO-004.jpg

WZ-FUTURE-INFO-005.jpg

WZ-FUTURE-INFO-006.jpg

WZ-FUTURE-INFO-007.jpg

How much has Modern Warfare made so far, couple billion? A new map would be nice. A couple of new maps wouldn't hurt. It really is a joke how lazy they are.

MDSLKTR

All weapons contents in the MW engine?? Well for one we know they will look, sound and animate at their best. Won't be jarring going back to mp in treayrch engine nope...
Also can't wait to see how broken and unalanced the black ops aresenal will be in warzone.

Disappointing there is not a black ops warzone map, i guess it will come in due time.
Supposed to be in march, also read rumors of Alcatraz blackout map coming back in some form.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I really like that they’re not just upending their BR again. I think Fortnite and Apex have shown that a measure of consistency and constant evolution over time, is the way to go with these.

I don’t personally play, but I know a lot of people love Warzone, even independently of MW, and want it to continue (perhaps with a bit more spicing up).

Sounds like there is Modern Warfare stuff, there is Cold War stuff, and Warzone gets ALL of it.

Which is awesome, but damn is that going to be a pain for them. They aren't even the same engine so everything must be done twice probably. And going from Cold War to Warzone will be jarring - not that I care because lol playing regular CoD.

They are going to have so many fucking guns though, at some point what will the difference even be between most of them?

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
A lot going on there. A lot of good solutions to integrate the games. Credit where credit is due.

Still, we wouldn't need this crazy level of integration if they would move to a platform model and keep Modern Warfare as the active title. Just build on that. No reason to release a new title annually. Cut down on development costs and enjoy the seasonal model that Siege, Fortnite, Overwatch, CSGO, etc have enjoyed. Could even do some sort of hybrid seasonal/annual expansion model like Destiny. Lots of options that don't involve splitting up player base, maintaining multiple dev teams, and not fully maximizing the income on the previous title.

Stuart360

Its about time they released a new map. Really surprised it seems Cold War is not releasing its own map. Even Apex is on its 3rd map now.

MrS

Banned
If there's no new map around launch for warzone, big wtf.
I used to think this way until I realised that most new maps in BR games end up being trash and spell the beginning of the end. New maps in PUBG were hot garbage. The launch of World's Edge in Apex is when a lot of people dropped the game. Fortnite has the right idea of just iterating on 1 map. Hope this can be done with Verdansk.

Last edited:
It's weird but the minor changes to Verdansk have managed to keep it fresh to me somehow. Also, the website literally says this, so there is definitely a new map in store:

experience memorable moments as the Cold War heats up across Verdansk (and beyond) in the months and seasons ahead.

ptuck874

All weapons contents in the MW engine?? Well for one we know they will look, sound and animate at their best. Won't be jarring going back to mp in treayrch engine nope...
Also can't wait to see how broken and unalanced the black ops aresenal will be in warzone.

Supposed to be in march, also read rumors of Alcatraz blackout map coming back in some form.
i still fire up alcatraz blackout just to have some stupid fun from time to time, loved that map

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

It happens.

And there's no context either.

Every company I've worked at are big Fortune 500 kinds of companies making shitloads of money. We fire people too. And every one of them I saw fired were either really old 60 year old legacy kinds of people working at the company for 35 years they want to get rid of due to costs and wanting new blood, a corporate restructuring (redundancy) or they got fired because they were bad at their jobs or had major attitude.

I have never seen one person get fired who was an employee everyone liked, did a good job, seemed to be within budget and wasnt part of a downsizing/restructuring where every department is required to gas some people.

I've seen people fired in 2 months for being that bad at their job (didn't even reach 3 month probation period).

Last edited:
Top Bottom