• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The FUTURE is SCI-FI

Starfield

What's this thread about? Well, about the best genre in existence...

SCIENCE FICTION

Sci-Fi fans are in for a treat for the next upcoming months and years, just let me give you a small glimpse into the future of upcoming scifi titles:

2021:

HALO INFINITE

Halo-Infinite-Artwork-pc-games5.jpg

Offers: An epic campaign with open-world elements, a multiplayer ARENA and sandbox based shooter, + Custom Worlds (Forgemode in 2022) aswell as coop campaign mode (2022)

2022:

STARFIELD
Bethesda_Starfield.jpg

An epic open-world sci-fi singleplayer rpg with hundreds if not thousands of hours of possible content. Join several factions, choose your character background and engage with a world like never seen before. With the return of more rpg-focused mechanics and a completely overhauled engine this is a must for every science fiction nerd.

THE CALLISTO PROTOCOL

The-Callisto-Protocol.jpg

With no set date yet this game is expected to come out in 2022, a third person survival horror game by the makers of Dead Space Franchise.

DEAD SPACE REMAKE

159277-290210-290209_rc.jpg

Scifi AND horrorgame fans will have a really great time next year because Dead Space Remake is set to release at the end of 2022. Ready to go back on board of the USG Ishimura?

2023:

SQUADRON 42
k03e8advcybz.jpg

Yes! The long awaited Squadron 42 (Chapter 1) developed by Cloud Imperium Games (Star Citizen) will finally make its debut end of 2023. Next year (2022) Chris Roberts will move to UK to oversee the last stages of development of potentially one of the most expensive single player scifi game ever. A true spirital successor to the Wing Commander series!

2024:

MASS EFFECT 5
Mass-Effect-5-pc-games4.jpg

The story of Mass Effect continues! Not much is known about Mass Effect's next installment other than that its set after the events of Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda. Will this game be the final nail in the coffin for the Mass Effect series or will it be the return of the king? We'll find out.

Any other potential titles ive missed feel free to post them.

WE. LOVE. SCI-FI.

GymWolf

Horizon sequel is sci fi too, probably even more scifi than the first game if the plot goes how i expect...

Last edited:
Might as well start it off with The Ascent this July.

capsule_616x353.jpg

In addition to the fantastic graphics and gameplay, the star of the show is the interesting lore and detailed world building. Multiple new alien races that are all interesting and layered, on par with anything I saw in Mass Effect world building. Really different take on the future as well, with total corporate dominance and extreme inequality being the norm, rather than the more utopian Mass Effect / Star Trek version. People are still sleeping on this game for some reason I will never understand. The game's story sets it up for an interesting sequel as well and further world building.

Last edited:

hlm666

Faark is squadron 42 still that far away, I backed it way back when I was a young boy just wanting a wing commander type game again. I still get the emails but i gave up reading them when I had my mid life crisis. Imagine if I bought 30 bucks worth of bitcoin instead, I wouldn't need to be selling photos of my feet on onlyfans.

Curious to see how calisto project turns out, thats made by the guy who made (or started to anyway) dayz or something isn't it?

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
The only game im interested in Callistol Protocol and Dead Space.

Starfield

Faark is squadron 42 still that far away, I backed it way back when I was a young boy just wanting a wing commander type game again. I still get the emails but i gave up reading them when I had my mid life crisis. Imagine if I bought 30 bucks worth of bitcoin instead, I wouldn't need to be selling photos of my feet on onlyfans.

Curious to see how calisto project turns out, thats made by the guy who made (or started to anyway) dayz or something isn't it?
does that actually work? selling fotos of your feet on instagram

RoboFu

One of the green rats
im a bit tired of SCI-FI, I need more PURE FANTASY, EVerything seems to want to mix the two with present day.

TastyPastry

i'm actually really looking forward to starfield and callisto protocol. mass effect 5 i'll be careful to excited about for obvious reasons but once we'll see gameplay and characters and everything looks good i probably won't contain my hype. squadron 42 probably won't be out by 2023.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Looking for something science fiction-y to play on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S/One, and Switch? We've got you covered with these 2022 sci fi game releases.

#20 Aperture Desk Job

Platform : PC

Release Date : March 1, 2022

#19 Plan 8

Platform : PC PS4 Xbox One

Release Date : TBA

#18 Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

Platform : PC XSX|S

Release Date : September 13, 2022

#17 Synced: Off Planet

Release Date : 2022

#16 Somerville

Platform : PC XSX|S Xbox One

#15 Unknown 9: Awakening

Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S

#14 Elex II

Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S PS4 Xbox One

Release Date : March 1, 2022

#13 The Invincible

Release Date : TBA 2022

#12 Overprime

Release Date : TBA

#11 Forever Skies

#10 Kerbal Space Program 2

Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S PS4 Xbox One

#9 Dead Space Remake

Platform : pc PS5 XSX|S

Release Date : 2023

#8 Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora

Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S Luna Stadia

#7 Ghostwire: Tokyo

Platform : PC PS5

Release Date : March 25, 2022

#6 Homeworld 3

Release Date : Q4 2022

#5 Forspoken

Platform : PC PS5

Release Date : October 11, 2022

#4 The Callisto Protocol

#3 Starfield

Platform : PC XSX|S

Release Date : November 11, 2022

#2 Horizon Forbidden West

Platform : PS4 PS5

Release Date : February 18, 2022

#1 Atomic Heart

Platform : PC PS4 PS5 XSX|S Xbox One

Release Date : Q3/Q4 2022

BONUS

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen

Platform : PC PS4 PS5 XSX|S Xbox One Stadia

Release Date : February 22, 2022

Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga

Platform : PC PS4 PS5 XSX|S Xbox One Switch

Release Date : April 5, 2022

0:00 Intro
0:16 Aperture Desk Job
0:46 Plan 8
1:33 Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
2:14 Synced: Off Planet
3:05 Somerville
3:37 Unknown 9: Awakening
4:08 Elex II
4:42 The Invincible
5:15 Overprime
5:42 Forever Skies
6:31 Kerbal Space Program 2
6:59 Dead Space Remake
7:47 Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
8:32 Ghostwire: Tokyo
9:03 Homeworld 3
9:38 Forspoken
10:21 The Callisto Protocol
11:18 Starfield
12:14 Horizon Forbidden West
12:48 Atomic Heart
13:18 BONUS

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Science fiction, alternate history, and space are all enchanting prospects that have provided wondrous settings and premises for video games of different genres - including but not limited to shooters. 2022 and beyond is looking to be a great time for fans of sci-fi shooters. To that effect, here are 14 sci-fi shooters that you need to keep an eye out for.

0:42 Starfield
1:11 Boundary
1:45 System Shock Remake
2:14 Synced: Off Planet
2:40 Star Wars Eclipse
3:10 Next Mass Effect
3:41 Arc Raiders
4:18 Dolmen
4:51 Dead Space Remake
5:24 Atomic Heart
6:04 Gundam Evolution
6:36 Ripout