• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The fuck Jason?

GymWolf

No. No one is offended. It's just a cartoon. We're just commenting on a ridiculously transparent tweet from a ridiculously transparent video game urinalist. The only reason he tweeted that pic is to try to make a story out of it, about the reaction from people who doesn't like his urinalism. It's a shame, because he is actually one of the very few people in the business capable of being a real journalist.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

UnNamed

Banned

c3e.jpg

Both are fake, of course. To be more specific, Miyamoto account is fake, Jason Shreier is a fake journalist.

Last edited:

Redlight

Are we pretending to be offended by this?

Am I posting on RejectEra or something?
Offended? No, but a self-proclaimed journalist posting two characters, who are popular with kids, engaged in an incestuous kiss is questionable judgement to say the least. A compromised account isn't out of the question though, so let's see how this shakes out.

Either way it's due to a hack, either his account or his good self.

Last edited:

shubik

Because it's fucking shite?

that's not what he wrote. He said: ... in his position he shouldn’t be posting this shit.

So again: why is his position important in this context? It´s a fucking joke that he shared with his personal account. The fact that you think it is shit is irrelevant.

His account, his decision.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
that's not what he wrote. He said: ... in his position he shouldn’t be posting this shit.

So again: why is his position important in this context? It´s a fucking joke that he shared with his personal account. The fact that you think it is shit is irrelevant.

His account, his decision.

He shouldn't be posting it because it's fucking shite and seeing as he's supposed to be a respected journalist (in his own mind), it makes him look like a complete imbecile by doing so. What are you not getting here?

shubik

He shouldn't be posting it because it's fucking shite and seeing as he's supposed to be a respected journalist (in his own mind), it makes him look like a complete imbecile by doing so. What are you not getting here?

This is a good example of why the internet is such a toxic place...

Journalist posts one simple meme

Internet: YOu sHoULd bE AShAmEd!! HoW DarE YoU!!!

come on man... Is this really how you want to approach a simple thing like a joke? Why do we need to blow everything out of every proportion? (this does not go directly at you but rather a bunch of people on GAF)

Soulja

Good on them. We accept all sorts of gay/trans love etc... so why can't we accept others who like incestuous love? Come on guy, don't be so narrow minded.

Seriously though... Wtf

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member

Why though? It wasn't funny or anything, just shite.

I never said he should be ashamed. I said it's fucking shite and it makes him look like an imbecile. If you think it's a good thing that a "journalist" posts stuff like that, then I don't know what to say,

cormack12

Gold Member

I don't see how you reach that conclusion. I work for a large enterprise in tech and dev. I have a personal account I barely tweet from and a professsional account which is linked up to linkedIn etc. and follows our account managers, their presales techs and senior SDMs, various other partners and engages with the user groups across them. Not once would I feel the urge to share some shit meme amongst a professional audience.

However, you are right, it's his personal twitter and it's public. If you want to share something in public then you accept there will be a public reaction. Both positive and negative. More and more people just want to share something and only get positive feedback (that's not just limited to Schreier). People take umbrage because it's just a lame attempt to bait people into asking what's the point of this? And to be disgruntled that they follow him for actual industry news etc. at which point he can line up a cheap shot and say 'jeez, look at all the hate'. You're right about their being toxicity, but it's being manufactured by these attention whores. As long as it's posted publicly, the public will have a say/opinion and if you don't like it, then you can share your opinion publicly as well.

jigglet

Banned
No. No one is offended. It's just a cartoon. We're just commenting on a ridiculously transparent tweet from a ridiculously transparent video game urinalist. The only reason he tweeted that pic is to try to make a story out of it, about the reaction from people who doesn't like his urinalism. It's a shame, because he is actually one of the very few people in the business capable of being a real journalist.

Does he always post memes? If so, then meh, this outrage is unjustified. However if he's ordinarily really professional, then I agree with everything you said.

recursive

come on man... Is this really how you want to approach a simple thing like a joke? Why do we need to blow everything out of every proportion? (this does not go directly at you but rather a bunch of people on GAF)
You keep saying joke. What is the joke? All I see is an unstable person posting his inner fetish.

Ten_Fold

Soo does LGBTQ peeps just LOVE attention? Do they get off on making it well known they aren’t straight? I’m just saying, it seems they love talking about it all the damn time. Also not sure if this guy is LGBTQ, me might just want attention which to me is the biggest drug.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
While having opinions on politically sensitive issues is more than fine, if you’re a video games journalist who is becoming more known for his political opinions than his video games reporting, you might just not be doing your job properly...

just sayin’

shubik

You keep saying joke. What is the joke? All I see is an unstable person posting his inner fetish.

What makes you think he is unstable as a person? What makes you think that this was not a funny pic he chuckled about and decided to share? Ok, I get it you don´t think it´s funny. But is this important to him?

And by the way, homosexuality is not a fetish...

Edit. if we are judging peoples mental stability based on singular tweets, I would like to know your opinion on Trump :)

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

What does his tweet say? Find it funny I been blocked by him in the last 3 days for saying Xbox is my main platform looool

Thief1987

What does his tweet say? Find it funny I been blocked by him in the last 3 days for saying Xbox is my main platform looool
It's a picture of a beautiful homoincest kiss between mario and luigi. You are lucky person that you don't see it.

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

Probably it is a teaser of a new Nintendo game. If there are mario games about anything, a Mario LGBT game is only natural.

recursive

What makes you think he is unstable as a person? What makes you think that this was not a funny pic he chuckled about and decided to share? Ok, I get it you don´t think it´s funny. But is this important to him?

And by the way, homosexuality is not a fetish...

Edit. if we are judging peoples mental stability based on singular tweets, I would like to know your opinion on Trump :)
You didn't answer my question. Incest is a fetish. A pretty nasty one at that. If you are into that I am sorry.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Kinda wild someone mentioned kids today gotta see this.

At 7 years old running around in Super Mario World making Rick Flair noises with the cape I'd never think 23 years later you'd see Mario tongue kissing Luigi.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
This is a step too far. I don't try to censor anyone. Freedom of speech and all that, but this is just wrong and distasteful.

Texas Pride

Banned
Disgusting but not surprising. Wouldn't be shocked if there were some creepy skeletons in that dudes closet that we'll see one day. What goes around comes around.

Top Bottom