• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash is Rumored to Erase the SnyderVerse

AgatonSax

BvS‘s box office was by any real objective measure, a failure for such a massive IP. They knew it. Everybody else knew it. That film should have been 1.5 to 2 billion nailed on. But they made Batman a murdering twat, Superman a miserable twat, the plot was nonsensical, and it tried to rush a cinematic universe.
Yes I entirely agree. I was really observing that abandoning your key players and filling with second tier replacements is not the path to future box office gold.

ManaByte

Yes I entirely agree. I was really observing that abandoning your key players and filling with second tier replacements is not the path to future box office gold.

How the fuck are they abandoning Batman when Matt Reeves is doing a trilogy and every single test screening for The Batman has been through the roof?

AgatonSax

How the fuck are they abandoning Batman when Matt Reeves is doing a trilogy and every single test screening for The Batman has been through the roof?
I was referring to DCEU and mainly the JL/Supes/Bats dynamic which should have been an easy goldmine.

The Batman apparently being a grand success has everything to do with Matt Reeves making the best of a fairly stingy budget.

FunkMiller

I was referring to DCEU and mainly the JL/Supes/Bats dynamic which should have been an easy goldmine.

The Batman apparently being a grand success has everything to do with Matt Reeves making the best of a fairly stingy budget.

The fact The Batman has to exist at all is testament to how badly mismanaged the DCEU has been at WB.

Just think what it could have been like if they'd stopped being greedy, copying little shits for five minutes back in 2015, and had allowed Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash etc. to shine in their own solo projects... and then reintroduced a new Batman about now.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
FIGvoVUWUAouAnd

henry-cavill-and-ben-affleck-177008.jpg

ffd88d176405180b11a482c83b51619d.jpg

200-5-2.gif

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
No one cares about Supergirl, Batgirl, Catwoman....or for that matter Wonder Woman. Those are not well known, top-tier heroes. Wonder Woman has been successful but the last movie stunk.

For DC heroes to thrive they need to have Superman, Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman and Aquaman succeed.

I think they really ought to start a Legion of Super Heroes movie and introduce a ton of B-tier heroes and have it be colorful and fun.

Doom85

Man, of all the times to finally introduce Terry, they go with Batgirl.

Would personally rather see Batgirl since she’s actually from the comics. Although Barbara Gordon was merely just okay as Batgirl (she got more interesting as Oracle), Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown were better characters as Batgirl due to being an insane badass and fun/lovable respectively. Regardless, seeing any of them will be better than the garbage we got in the 1997 movie.

I like Batman Beyond, but I never felt it should be a thing anywhere else. Bruce pushing his crime fighting family away ultimately is not something I want to see in the other mediums as it would just mean I’m seeing him make the same mistake over and over again (and wouldn’t make sense with Affleck’s Batman right now as he’s all about uniting heroes, he’s not some angry loner). Dick Grayson (who should be out there, as Jason’s existence was already confirmed) should be the true heir to the Bat mantle followed by whichever other Robins or Batgirls there are, and sure enough the comics did exactly that when Bruce vanished for a while and it was actually great, Dick and Damien played off each other really well.

Again, I like Terry, but I don’t really want the movies to tackle that save an alternate reality movie or something as I’d rather they follow the comics more especially since the extended Bat family has to this point been either absent or poorly adapted in the live action films. I mean, Kingpin was the clear biggest villain in the 90’s Spidey cartoon, but thankfully the live-action movies ignored that and followed the comics by putting more emphasis on the Osbornes, Doc Ock, etc.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Supergirl and Batwoman?

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

I have never watched one of those CW teen girl DC shows. Insane if they think any of these can replace Superman and Batman. Just give up on the universe shit since everyone that works there is too retarded to do it. Just keep making stand alone films like Suicide Squad or Batman.

Last edited:
Top Bottom